Gambler (Neutral Benign)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Gambler (Neutral Benign)

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:46 am

Gambler

Alignment: Neutral Benign

Abilities:
Before placing a bet:
-Place a bet on which cycle the game will end on
After placing a bet:
-Heal one person, granting them Powerful defense
-Intimidate one person, roleblocking any non-killing roles that visit them

Attributes:
-You have a mystical barrier that grants you Basic defense until you are attacked.
-Bets must be placed at least two cycles in advance
-You may only target yourself once after placing a bet
-You may only use one ability each night
-A cycle is defined as a day and night with a given number
-You will commit suicide the night following a lost bet

Goal: Correctly place a bet on when the game will end.

Win Conditions:
Wins with Witches
Wins with Survivors
Wins with Town
Wins with Mafia
Wins with Serial Killers
Wins with Arsonists
Wins with Werewolves
Wins with Vampires

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: If you have kill charges: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Your target could be a Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Amnesiac, or Gambler.
Consigliere: Your target places bets on when the game will end. They must be a Gambler.

Additional Information:
- The end of the game is defined as the cycle when the last players die or are converted. If the game ends in a stalemate, it is defined as the final phase where the game would have continued if a player died. For example, if the final Town member is killed during Night 6 and the remaining players are Mafia, the game ended during cycle 6. Likewise, if the last Mafia member is lynched during Day 6 and the rest of the players are Town members, the game also ended during cycle 6.
- A Gambler does not need to stay alive to win, but they need to survive the night that they place a bet in order to have a chance at winning.

I think the biggest issue with this role is that it can place a bet late in the game and win by coordinating with the Mafia or any other faction to win in the specified cycle. I could increase the betting delay to three cycles but that wouldn't fix 3v2 situations and three nights is a lot. I think I will change it so that at least half the players need to be alive, but that might cause some unintended strategies like trying to prevent a lynch to keep 8 players alive for the next phase. This is relatively minor though. I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas