Psychic(Town Investigative) Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Is this a good Psychic rework?

Yes. It forces Psychic to choose their targets wisely without relying on RNG.
25%
No. The Psychic is capable of gathering information too quickly.
No votes
Maybe. There are some changes that must be made, such as changing the amount of players they must select, or changing the vision rotations.
25%
Other.
50%

Total votes : 4

Psychic(Town Investigative) Rework

Postby cob709 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:52 am

As previously stated in this post, the current Psychic feeds players information without requiring them to utilize any skill. However, the problem with the previous rework is not that it provided too much information(which is what I originally anticipated), but rather because the luck and chance factor was too prevalent in the role.

This rework will strive to mimic the current Psychic results while forcing players to utilize skill without having any RNG involved. With this rework, I am concerned that it can confirm town players too quickly, so perhaps the visions or numbers can be switched around.

Psychic
Town Investigative

Abilities
    Receive a vision each night.
Attributes
    On odd nights, you may choose to memorize three players. You will be informed if any of them are evil.
    On even nights, you may choose to memorize two players. You will be informed if any of them are good.
Notifications
    [Psychic](Odd): A vision revealed that either [Player1], [Player2], or [Player3] is evil!
    [Psychic](Odd): A vision revealed that neither [Player1], [Player2], nor [Player3] is evil.
    [Psychic](Even): A vision revealed that either [Player1] or [Player2] is good!
    [Psychic](Even): A vision revealed that neither [Player1] nor [Player2] is good.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Psychic(Town Investigative) Rework

Postby alex1234321 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:32 am

I like that this idea removes the RNG aspect of the role, but it’s still dependent on the night number which isn’t great. Also, you can use confirmed townies to drastically improve the power of this role, which would make the role swingy based on whether there are confirmed Townies. Without confirmed players, this role is basically a weaker Sheriff.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 am

This is literally the same thing that I suggested so thats a support from me

The problem is that you can confirm 3 townies N1 and 2 evils N2 which is strong af
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Seems strong fixes rng issues ig
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby BigSlug » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:31 am

IMO, it should be 4 players on the evil side, and 3 on the good. Furthermore, this would be effected by frames/disguises/hexes and would be roleblockable. I think this would be pretty fair.
BigSlug
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas