Omen Neutral(Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Omen Neutral(Evil)

Postby CapWarrior2 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:21 am

New Version:
This version is meant to fix the issues of well... everything. Essentially just redid it.
Spoiler: Role Name:
Omen

Attack: None
Defence: None
Unique: Yes
Priority: None
Immunities: Detection

Alignment:
Neutral(Evil)

Summary:
You were a guardian angel who did their best to protect their target from the Town. No matter how much times you protected your target, they wouldn't stop going for their neck. After your target was brutally hung, you vowed that Town would never again make you suffer.

Ability:
- Choose a sacrifice. (Day)

Attributes:
- You can have only 1 sacrifice at any given point.
- If your sacrifice is killed at night, you will grow in power.
- At each sacrifice:
---> 1 Successful Sacrifice: You will be granted a mystical barrier that grants you basic defence until you are attacked.
---> 2 Successful Sacrifices: You will now roleblock your sacrifice at night.
---> 3 Successful Sacrifices: You now have done enough damage to the town to be capable to win even while dead.
---> 4 Successful Sacrfices: You will now be able to lower your targets defence value by 1. (One time use)

Notifications:
You have decided that ### will be your sacrifice
You have decided to make your sacrifice unable to do their ability.
You have gained more power. You now ###.

Goal:
Survive to see town lose the game.

Win Condition:
You win with the Mafia.
You win with the Survivors.
You win with the Witches.
You win with the Serial Killers.
You win with the Arsonists.
You win with the Werewolf.
You win with the Vampires.
You win with the Coven.
You win with the Juggernaut.
You win with the Plaugebearer.
You win with the Pestilence.

You must kill the Town.

You may spare anyone else.

Achievements:
Usual 1-25 wins.
- Hidden Deciples - Have an ambusher sacrifice your target.
- Raining Down Hell - Recieve 5 Sacrifices for your cause.
- Influencer - Win without a single sacrifice.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target is innocent.
Investigator: Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, or Omen
Coven Expansion: Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, Guardian Angel, or Omen
Consigliere / Coven Leader / Potion Master: Your target vowes their vengeance against the Town. The must be an Omen.

Notes:
Like witch, you can only win while alive. Unlike witch, you can eventually win while dead of you have enough sacrifices. Any ideas are welcome, especially more/different sacrifice rewards.

Old version:
Spoiler: Role Name:
Omen

Attack: None
Defence: None
Priority: 2 (Guardian Angel healing when blessing)
Unique
Rb immune

Role Alignment:
Neutral(Evil)

Ability:
[DAY]Choose someone to connect with. (Astral)
[NIGHT]Select a target as a sacrifice for you. (Astral)

Attributes:
- You cannot connect to a Revealed Mayor.
- The person you have connected with can see your sacrifice choice, and it will show in a highlighted strip (This makes the sacrifice choices by the Omen clearer when other factions have night chat).
- If the person (Bad) Kills the chosen sacrifice, they will be rewarded with a Guardian Angel Heal (Can change to doc heal) for the night.
- If the person (Good) Kills the chosen sacrifice, they will be not rewarded but you will.
- You may not connect with a person more then once if the sacrifice is successful.
- With 1 sacrifice you will gain a 1 hit basic defence.
- With 2 sacrifices you will gain permanent Basic defence.
- With 3 sacrifices you will win whether you are dead or not.
- If the sacrifice dies by a member of their faction then they are rewarded (Mafia or Coven).
(Ex: If a Forger gets connected and the sacrifice is [Player A] and the Forger tells the Mafioso to kill [Player A] and then [Player A] dies the next night the Forger and Omen will both get their reward)

Notifications:
Omen:
You have decided to connect with [PLAYER] tonight.
You have instead decided to connect with [PLAYER] tonight.
You have decided to sacrifice [PLAYER] tonight.
You have instead decided to sacrifice [PLAYER] tonight.
You have # number of total sacrifices.
You have changed your mind.
The sacrifice was successful!

Player:
An Omen has connected with you!
Omen has decided [PLAYER] to be the sacrifice for tonight.
Omen has instead decided [PLAYER] to be the sacrifice for tonight .
Omen has changed their mind.
The sacrifice was successful! You have been blessed!

Goal:
Survive to see the Town lose the game.
(With 3rd sacrifice) Watch the Town lose the game.

Win Condition:
Same as Witch, wins with all evils.

Invest/Consig/PM results:
Sheriff: Your target is suspicious!
Investigator: Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Amnesiac, Medusa, Psychic or Omen.
Consigliere / Coven Leader / Potion Master: Your target takes sacrifices for rewards. They must be an Omen!

Achievements:
usual 1-25 wins.
Unstoppable - Do a successful sacrifice with a fully powered up Juggernaut.
Uneasy Alliance - Have a Town(Killing) kill their target that is your sacrifice.
But you haven't heard of me - Have no successful sacrifices while winning.

Lore:
idk tbh i dont really want to do lore for each character but basically "An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change.[2] People in ancient times believed that omens bring a divine message from their gods.[3]" - From Wikipedia. This Omen wants sacrifices and in the reward for the evil the get a gift from the gods, the power to nearly guarantee they live for the night.

Notes:
This role IMO is the best role out of these roles and had the least amount of effort put into it.
The reason why I would possibly change the GA heal to normal Doctor heal is so it doesn't show to whole town, as it can be suspicious for multiple GA heals on different targets, confirming evil roles.
This role also rewards with strategy as you will power up faster and will make friends with the enemy.

I have already posted this in my Medieval Expansion (Link in signature), and this isn't designed for spam, but I feel this role deserves it's own credit. Feedback would be appreciated.

Edit: Added a notification to let you know an Omen has connected with you.
Edit: Clarified Omen is Rb immune as it is priority 1 (No longer 1 highest) - Idk how to put line through, long storey short this information is false, being priority 1 doesnt mean ur rb immune, although most roles are roleblock immune with high priority with that.
Edit: Added the info above stating something like priority 1 means rb immune. Changed Poll slightly. Changed priority to 6 as Omen's Night ability doesn't actually do anything.
Edit: Added an achievement.
Edit: Added clearer sacrifice options when Omen is selecting.
Edit: Made text easier to read and added more Colour
Edit: BOOSTED because I got no feedback =(.
Edit: Changed the Jailor achievement and made Juggernaut a better colour.
Last edited by CapWarrior2 on Sun May 15, 2022 5:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: The Omen With Poll

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Boost to top
Feedback and votes would be appreciated
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: The Omen Neutral(Evil)

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:06 am

Does the "guardian angel heal" that a player receives also alert the town during the day with the exact same message? ("The Guardian Angel has protected [Player]"). If so, that seems too OP, as then evils can fake GA a little too easy. What about it saying "The Omen has protected [Player]?"
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby cob709 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:52 pm

The Guardian Angel/Omen heal would immediately out an evil player as evil.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby CapWarrior2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:35 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:Does the "guardian angel heal" that a player receives also alert the town during the day with the exact same message? ("The Guardian Angel has protected [Player]"). If so, that seems too OP, as then evils can fake GA a little too easy. What about it saying "The Omen has protected [Player]?"

Well not too easily, this would of anything be a risky play to pull off, keep in mind if you claim GA and N1 you get a sacrifice, claim that that's your target, if your target dies then N2 your instantly going to be put up for suspicion. Or if instead of your N1 target dying N2 they survive for the rest of the game, if you get another ga heal N2 then your gonna be really sus. Another counter for Omen claiming GA is if a GA heals their target twice back to back, this would prove their innocent, meanwhile the omen cannot do this, and the Omen could possibly lose out on the 3rd sacrifice reward, so if he gets hung, it's gg. Remember, it isn't necessary to get the 3rd sacrifice, but when you do as long as town doesn't win then you will win. So really Omen claiming GA isn't a little too easy, it is sort of the same for Witch claiming Inv and 'checking' all of the targets that got witched. No one is gonna really trust that.

And as cob said,

cob709 wrote:The Guardian Angel/Omen heal would immediately out an evil player as evil.

Also, your putting your targets at risk when you get a successful sacrifice aswell.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby runningwiththepower » Mon May 03, 2021 6:35 pm

So I am a bit confused on this role so let me see if I understand it:

Alice is Omen. Day 1 she chooses to connect to Bob. Night 1 Alice chooses Catalina as her Sacrifice. Bob knows that they were connected to the Omen (but Bob doesn't know it is Alice) & sees the Omen has chosen Catalina to be the Sacrifice. Bob is Serial Killer. Bob kills Catalina that night.
Because Bob killed Alice's Sacrifice, Bob gets a GA PROTECT. Alice gains a 1 hit Basic Defense Shield.

Day 2, Alice chooses to connect to Dao-Zi. Night 2 Alice chooses Efatir as her Sacrifice. Dao-Zi knows that they are connected to the Omen (but Dao-Zi doesn't know it is Alice ) & sees the Omen has chosen Efatir to be the Sacrifice. Dao-Zi is Vigilante. Dao-Zi shoots Efatir that night.
Because Efatir killed Alice's Sacrifice, Efatir.....doesn't get anything. Instead, Alice gets the GA PROTECT. In addition, Alice gets a Permanent Basic Defense Shield.

Alice needs to get 3 Sacrifices killed get Her Win.

Am I correct?
runningwiththepower

Postby noveiia » Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 pm

I feel like this would be hard to do because there’s no reason for Town to kill the person that the Omen tells them to.
Maybe instead it just tells them they were connected (if Town) but doesn’t say who so if it’s Vig, Vet, Jailor, or another kill-capable Town role they still might end up killing the target without knowing it’s the target.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Role Ideas