Role Idea: The Shapeshifter (Coven Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Could you imagine this being a real role in Town of Salem?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:24 pm

Yeah for sure!
50%
Maybe with some changes.
No votes
No, this doesn't fit into Town of Salem, mechanically or otherwise.
50%

Total votes : 2

Role Idea: The Shapeshifter (Coven Evil)

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Name: Shape Shifter

Unique: Yes

Alignment: Coven Evil

Attack: None to Unstoppable

Defense: None (None to Invincible with Necronomicon)

Abilities:
On full moon nights, choose if you want to shapeshift as a player. This will tell you they're role.
For the next night, you will use whatever ability they have. For example, if you shapeshift as a Serial Killer, the next night you get basic attack.
With the Necronomicon, you will be able to keep the ability for as long as you want, until you change bodies again. Changing bodies with the Necronomicon will also do a basic attack to the target that night.
You will gain your targets base defense the next night. (With the Necronomicon)

Attributes:
You can not use any day abilities.
You can only shape shift as each person once (With Necronomicon, you can only shape shift as each person once, but you can keep the abilities as long as you want before changing back)

Goal:
Kill everyone who does not submit to the Coven

You win with:
The Coven
The Survivors
The Amnesiacs
The Guardian Angels
The Jesters
The Executioners
The pirate

You must kill:
The Town
The Mafia
The Coven
The Serial Killers
The Werewolf
The Arsonists
The Juggernaut
The Vampires
The pirate
The Plague bearer
The Pestilence

Sheriff results: Your target is suspicious! (Not suspicious with Necronomicon)

Investigator results: Your target could be Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, Potion Master, or Shapeshifter!

Consigliere results: Your target transforms with the power of the full moon. They must be a Shapeshifter!

Achievements:

Who are they?: Win one game as the Shapeshifter

Disguised: Win 5 games as the Shapeshifter

Friendly Face: Win 10 games as the Shapeshifter

Survivor to Jailor to Pestilence: Win 25 games as the Shapeshifter

Did I win?: Get lynched while being shapeshifted as a Jester

New Leader: Shapeshift into the Coven Leader

Killer: Shapeshift into the Serial Killer

Wolf pack: Shapeshift into the Werewolf on a full moon

I'm not useless!: Shapeshift into the Survivor

Fake Deity: Shapeshift into the Pestilence

Someone else had a role similar to this, but I've had this idea for a while, so I decided to post it anyway. I didn't steal anyone's idea even if they are similar. That out of the way, how is this idea?
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Role Idea: The Shapeshifter (Coven Evil)

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 pm

It's a good idea. I will say, however, that the necronomicon is supposed to give a consistent kill per night, not a large buff. For example, you can be able to target yourself, and turn into a Basic attacker.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RainaXA » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:43 pm

I do sort of like the idea, I'm not sure how well it would play though. It would be very overpowered endgame. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea overall, as in the end, it feels more like a disguiser that doesn't change results or roles. It takes too long to really get much done because of the night wait between using your ability. With changes, I'd say it might work out okay.
PM me anything you'd like me to put in my signature, and I'll do it!
RainaXA
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:It's a good idea. I will say, however, that the necronomicon is supposed to give a consistent kill per night, not a large buff. For example, you can be able to target yourself, and turn into a Basic attacker.

Yeah that makes sense. It still wouldn't be as good as the necromancer though with the basic kill, as maybe they wouldn't be able to use it on non full moon nights, and you'll still visit the target.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:59 pm

RainaXA wrote:I do sort of like the idea, I'm not sure how well it would play though. It would be very overpowered endgame. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea overall, as in the end, it feels more like a disguiser that doesn't change results or roles. It takes too long to really get much done because of the night wait between using your ability. With changes, I'd say it might work out okay.

Yeah this is sort of supposed to be a Coven Deception type of role, like hex master, but I don't think it'd be too OP in the end game unless you shape shift as a NK or something.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby TheUltimateCake » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:33 am

You put Pirate in roles they have to kill btw, also I think that they should deal a basic attack to their target with the necronomicon, since they should have a reliable way to kill with it.
TheUltimateCake
Survivor
Survivor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 am

TheUltimateCake wrote:You put Pirate in roles they have to kill btw, also I think that they should deal a basic attack to their target with the Necronomicon, since they should have a reliable way to kill with it.

Nice idea. Maybe the shapeshifter will attack the target, then steal the role. This would also give the shapeshifter a reason to switch roles with the Necronomicon instead of just keeping the same role for the rest of the game.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby cob709 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 am

Does this role copy an ability from someone, and then uses it the next night?

Well, that means they can only perform an actual night action one every two nights, which seems pretty underpowred.
Also, the Coven Leader already does this same exact thing, but they can do it every night.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 am

cob709 wrote:Does this role copy an ability from someone, and then uses it the next night?

Well, that means they can only perform an actual night action one every two nights, which seems pretty underpowred.
Also, the Coven Leader already does this same exact thing, but they can do it every night.

Exactly, but this role is really supposed to get useful with the Necronomicon, as with most of the Coven roles aside from the Coven Leader. The Coven Leader still has it's own place though, with it being able to use a players ability on the same night they control them and being more powerful in more ways, but that's really the same with every Coven role compared to CL imo. But the best part about this role is that like I said, this could be one of 2 sort of deception roles the Coven has, the other being the Hex Master. You can shapeshift into someone, and become confirmed as that role. With the Necronomicon, you can kill every other night, or choose to keep one ability for as long as you want, and also gain the defense of the player you shapeshift as.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas