Torpedo - Mafia (Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Torpedo - Mafia (Killing)

Postby RiceHatMan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Role Name:
Torpedo

Role Alignment:
Mafia (Killing)

Abilities:
- Plan or execute your murder

Attributes:
- If you have no murder planned, you will be able to select anyone to plan a murder on to be able to attack the next night
- If you have a murder planned, you may either execute your murder, or choose a different target to plan a murder on
- You won't visit the target you plan a murder on, and won't be associated with them in any way other than being able to attack them the next night. You will visit them, however, if you try to attack them, and it is considered a harmful visit and Bodyguard will counterattack you.
- You only have one murder

Notifications:
- "You have decided to plan a murder on [Player]."
- "You have decided to execute your murder plan."
- You will receive "You have [x] murders left." at the start of the night

Goal:
Kill anyone that will not submit to the Mafia.

Win Conditions:
You must kill Town
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Vampires
You win with Survivors
You win with Witches
You may spare anyone else

Special Attributes:
- Attack: Unstoppable
- Defense: None
- Unique Role
- Mafia Chat
- If there are no kill-capable Mafia roles left you will become a Mafioso

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious!
Investigator - Your target could be a Medium, Janitor, Retributionist, Necromancer, Trapper, or Torpedo.
Consigliere - Your target plans highly lethal murders. They must be a Torpedo.

Achievements:
TBD(leave unique achievement ideas in your reply if you want)

Additional Information:
If Bodyguard protects your target when you execute your attack, you, the Bodyguard, and your target will die, because you have an Unstoppable attack. You can be controlled into planning a murder and executing your attack, but you cannot be controlled into planning a murder on yourself. You also won't be able to do this with a Transporter, because your planning is indirect. You will not be able to plan a murder on yourself or your Mafia, unless you are controlled.

Lore:
TBD
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Torpedo - Mafia (Killing)

Postby cob709 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm

Seems interesting. It'd be pretty good at countering Jailor meta.
Not much to say.

/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:03 am

This would be a decent idea, but the mafioso change that gives it one astral attack that should be coming eventually is more balanced and if it was added, would basically remove any chance of this role being added. But I feel like it should have some sort of use after it's killed. Janitor and such are different because they get more than a one time use.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:This would be a decent idea, but the mafioso change that gives it one astral attack that should be coming eventually is more balanced and if it was added, would basically remove any chance of this role being added. But I feel like it should have some sort of use after it's killed. Janitor and such are different because they get more than a one time use.

Umm, what Mafioso change? If the developers didn't directly suggest it, then it shouldn't be taken into account when analyzing another role idea. If they did, then my bad, I'm just not up-to-date. It's still a vote after it kills, and getting a confirmed kill is arguably the same worth as cleaning 3 times or being able to role block others.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:38 am

Can't this role just hit straight through the NKs? I thought that was why the old mafioso buff suggestion got canned.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby RiceHatMan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:53 am

OreCreeper wrote:Can't this role just hit straight through the NKs? I thought that was why the old mafioso buff suggestion got canned.

I guess it could. The thing is, that not very over-powered and not many people would do that, despite it being a little ragey. The Torpedo will have to wait until town loses majority to attack the NK, and keep in mid there is only one Torpedo at a time and there is a one night delay, meaning there is no guarantee the night they want to attack town loses majority. This means going for the NK one night ahead of time is very risky, and you won't random your kill anyway since it is Unstoppable and you only have one. The Mafioso thing might have been ditched because there is no delay and they don't have to plan one night ahead and risk town having majority the night they kill the NK.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:06 pm

OreCreeper wrote:Can't this role just hit straight through the NKs? I thought that was why the old mafioso buff suggestion got canned.

The mafioso change I was referring to was when the mafioso would get one astral attack, so it still couldn't go through NKs and doctors.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:15 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:The mafioso change I was referring to was when the mafioso would get one astral attack, so it still couldn't go through NKs and doctors.

Well I don't see why that would be necessary. That would just depend on Bodyguard and Lookounyts being in the game to be useful. It has nothing to do with this role, anyway.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:The mafioso change I was referring to was when the mafioso would get one astral attack, so it still couldn't go through NKs and doctors.

Well I don't see why that would be necessary. That would just depend on Bodyguard and Lookounyts being in the game to be useful. It has nothing to do with this role, anyway.

I'm saying since the devs said it'll most likely be added with the other mafia buffs, they would most likely not add in this role, as it's just a better version of the mafioso buff they should be adding soon.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:I'm saying since the devs said it'll most likely be added with the other mafia buffs, they would most likely not add in this role, as it's just a better version of the mafioso buff they should be adding soon.

Well, I repeat, it has nothing to do with this role. What do you mean this role is a better version of the Mafioso buff, that's not true at all. How does one Astral attack correlate to one direct Unstoppable attack? Also, could you please quote the developers, say the location of the suggestion, and how long the post was ago? It would be appreciated.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am

Achilles wrote:Part 2 includes changes from the previous discussion.

Mafioso
Allow a 1 time use per game Ninja (thematic synonym to Astral) Attack.

Thought process: In the current meta the Jailor has no fear of announcing himself on day 1, knowing that Town Protective's and the Lookout will guard him, making it impossible for the Mafia to deal with them. If the Mafioso has 1 Ninja Attack per game it would give the Mafia an opportunity to bypass a BodyGuard/Trap on a priority role, as well as avoid detection by Lookout/Spy. An added bonus is that this gives the Mafioso something unique to help the Mafia outside of just following the Godfather's orders.

Quote is from here. My thought process is that once mafia finds the jailor, the jailor is as good as dead, with a doctor or not. Same with mayor as well, and like someone else said, a juggernaut of werewolf or something in All Any especially. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but it's either one or the other in this situation IMO. If they would choose the mafioso buff, which would be easier to implement and wouldn't allow the mafia to kill neutral killings and go through heals, then I don't think they would implement this on top of said mafioso buff.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:57 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Achilles wrote:Part 2 includes changes from the previous discussion.Quote is from here. My thought process is that once mafia finds the jailor, the jailor is as good as dead, with a doctor or not. Same with mayor as well, and like someone else said, a juggernaut of werewolf or something in All Any especially. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but it's either one or the other in this situation IMO. If they would choose the mafioso buff, which would be easier to implement and wouldn't allow the mafia to kill neutral killings and go through heals, then I don't think they would implement this on top of said mafioso buff.

In my opinion, my role is better at the job. The reason is that Doctor and Bodyguard would be equal in terms of defending from my role, since Bodyguard kills the attacker at the cost of their life while Doctor does nothing (which is basically the same, since none of them save their target). Astral attacks are circumstantial, as they only affect Bodyguards; Trappers, which are DLC; and Lookouts, and absolutely nothing else. Maybe Spy doesn't see them visit, I'm not too sure. Transporter and jail still affect Astral visits. This is all based on Hex Master with necronomicon.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Seems too powerful, is an unavoidable extra kill, I would give it powerful attack instead of powerful
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:13 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Seems too powerful, is an unavoidable extra kill, I would give it powerful attack instead of powerful

A powerful attack would pretty much be the mafioso with the astral attack but they can kill neutral killings, which isn't very useful compared to unstoppable, and he did say he would prefer this over the mafioso change for the reason it can go through the doctor.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:43 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Seems too powerful, is an unavoidable extra kill, I would give it powerful attack instead of powerful

Firstly, an unavoidable extra kill is laughable compared to increasing the kill per night. It doesn't matter if the attack is Unstoppable or not, if you are aiming at gaining majority. The Unstoppable attack is there to kill important town that will have defense which it can go through. If you think otherwise, feel free to explain.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:59 pm

I will revive this since being able to instantly kill the NK is no longer a problem for this role.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Looks good, it ends jailor meta and only has 1 use so other people can ask for protection, just a question
What happens if they are controlled/rbed the night they will attack?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby RiceHatMan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Looks good, it ends jailor meta and only has 1 use so other people can ask for protection, just a question
What happens if they are controlled/rbed the night they will attack?

If they try to execute their attack but they are instead controlled, they will plan a murder on the target the controller picks, or will execute the attack if the controller makes them target the Torpedo's target. If they are role blocked, same thing happens with any other role, they are stopped. The murder will still be planned, though, if they did that prior to being role blocked, so they can resume and execute their attack the next night.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas