Infiltrator (Mafia Support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Infiltrator (Mafia Support)

Postby Lalur » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:43 am

Role Name:
Infiltrator

Role Alignment:
Mafia Support

Abilities:
- During the day you may choose someone to bug.

Attributes:
- When you bug a player, you will be able to see what they do that night (i.e who they select).
- If the target is able to speak at night you will hear what they say.
- Info from your target will be color coded so it can stand out from Mafia chat.

Notifications:
You have decided to bug [player].
Your target selected [player].

Goal:
Kill anyone who will not submit to the Mafia

Win Conditions:
Mafia win cons

Special Attributes:

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious!
Investigator - TBD
Consigliere - Your target uses technology to keep tabs on people's actions. They must be an Infiltrator.

Additional Information:
+ Alternative name would be Scout.
+ The general idea of this role is that it is partly able to use info to deduce people's roles, and partly able to keep tabs on important roles, such as TPLOs, so mafia doesn't try to kill their targets, etc.
Lalur

Re: Infiltrator (Mafia Support)

Postby ABadWord » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am

I like using this on TP claims, motivates TP to keep their mouth shut for once.
/support
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Postby RiceHatMan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Although this role is good in theory, some things won't be as good as they seem. For example, people will now just choose their targets during the last seconds of the night, so you won't be able to effectively convey that info to your fellow Mafia members, so the "day" part of this ability is hindered through player prudence. Also, since you are part of the Mafia, the only chat's you will be able to see are jailees, Jailor, Mediums, and Medium seances. Again, all roles that see other people's night chats were highly negated by player prudence, and this role relies heavily on player's being careless about what they are saying (e.g. med saying "so 15 is evil?" back to the dead chat). However, I do see how this would work with Jailees, since you will find their role and will (assuming the Jailor jails someone who is secretive AND town). It wouldn't really work on Jailor unless the Jailor tries to establish code works or some other confidential information (because, again, Jailor prudence). Other than that, a little worse at doing consig's job with more versatility. Also, will Spy see this role visit? Do they get the notification at the start of the night, or at the end? Also, in this whole reply, I assumed that this role can only hear what their target is saying, such as Jailor but not jailee. This is similar to Medium seance, but with no talking back and the target not knowing.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Lalur » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:39 am

Harryyoshi wrote:Although this role is good in theory, some things won't be as good as they seem. For example, people will now just choose their targets during the last seconds of the night, so you won't be able to effectively convey that info to your fellow Mafia members, so the "day" part of this ability is hindered through player prudence. Also, since you are part of the Mafia, the only chat's you will be able to see are jailees, Jailor, Mediums, and Medium seances. Again, all roles that see other people's night chats were highly negated by player prudence, and this role relies heavily on player's being careless about what they are saying (e.g. med saying "so 15 is evil?" back to the dead chat). However, I do see how this would work with Jailees, since you will find their role and will (assuming the Jailor jails someone who is secretive AND town). It wouldn't really work on Jailor unless the Jailor tries to establish code works or some other confidential information (because, again, Jailor prudence). Other than that, a little worse at doing consig's job with more versatility. Also, will Spy see this role visit? Do they get the notification at the start of the night, or at the end? Also, in this whole reply, I assumed that this role can only hear what their target is saying, such as Jailor but not jailee. This is similar to Medium seance, but with no talking back and the target not knowing.

People choosing at the end of the night is a good point. By the way, the talking part is only an extra rather than the main ability anyway.
Spy will probably see the role visit but LO will not as they select players in the day.
I agree with your points but generally the role can only bug one person at a time and so it doesn't have the same threat level as things like VH to vampires or Spy to Mafia (when spy could read the chat). I find it unlikely that people would be this cautious based on one role but it's true that this is a workaround. The selecting at the end of the night is a good point though as even if it's inconvenient it doesn't affect the player so it's easy for player's to take that extra precaution to work around this role's ability.
Lalur

Return to Role Ideas