Piper (Neutral Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Piper (Neutral Evil)

Postby Lalur » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:14 am

I have a lot of maybes for this role, I apologise

Role Name:
Piper

Role Alignment:
Neutral Evil

Abilities:
- At night you may select someone to lure away any visiting roles from them (Edit: any visiting town roles).

Stats:
Attack: None
Defense: Basic

Attributes:
- Visitors will not know they have been lured away. Instead, they will use their ability on you.
- Possible Nerf: They will instead be notified they have been lured away and their ability will fail.
- The piper will know the roles that were lured away . [May be nerfed if too OP.]
Edit: You only have 3 pipes.

Notifications:
You have decided to play your pipe at [player]'s house tonight.
You lured a [role]!

Goal:
Survive to see Town lose the game.

Win Conditions:
You win with the Mafia, Serial Killers, Werewolf, Arsonists, Vampires

Special Attributes:
Also able to survive the first time an arsonist ignites.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - You cannot find any evidence of wrongdoing. Your target is innocent.
Investigator - Your target could be a Lookout, Forger, Witch or Piper.
Consigliere - Your target plays a pipe to lure people from their destination. They must be a Piper.

Additional Information:
The general idea of the Piper is to be similar to Witch but with different capabilities. The Piper is able to lure TPs away from important roles and lure TIs away from evil roles. They can also stop roles from confirming themselves. However unlike the Witch the Piper doesn't have a set way to determine who is evil, so this may be something to change.
Last edited by Lalur on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lalur

Re: Piper (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:50 am

just get rid of defense and make it immune to evil attacks

how it is now it cant team with asro or WW since they will kill it

the goal should interact the ability in some way, but i dont see a good way to do it

The Piper is able to lure TPs away from important roles

Thats not how it works if evil visits the target u lured tp away from they also visit you like the tp was forced to

as it is now this role is weak it doesnt do much expect fool TI, its a one way transporter

this seems more like a protective role then a disruption role where u guard an evil from vig and TI, most times you will hurt evils more then help them they try to kill town and target you instead
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ringpop03 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:50 am

With the win condition listed, you should probably make it only lure town roles, which would also remove the problem that Mystoc brought up
ringpop03

Postby Mystoc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 am

ringpop03 wrote:With the win condition listed, you should probably make it only lure town roles, which would also remove the problem that Mystoc brought up

too overpowered then its a negate all town protection and LO role, and all it needs to do is find an evil to whisper coordinate with

there would need to be another condition for it to balanced like predict who will visit and give that one person immunity to being redircted and you cant whisper them the day before idk
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ringpop03 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Mystoc wrote:
ringpop03 wrote:With the win condition listed, you should probably make it only lure town roles, which would also remove the problem that Mystoc brought up

too overpowered then its a negate all town protection and LO role, and all it needs to do is find an evil to whisper coordinate with

there would need to be another condition for it to balanced like predict who will visit and give that one person immunity to being redirected and you cant whisper them the day before idk

Ok, you should only give it 3 pipes and then it becomes just a vote. So you can't just do a pipe everyday and negate all tp/lo. Also the ability doesn't work against a revealed mayor for obvious reasons. Basically it just gets rid of the tp/lo on me meta except for the mayor who was built for that anyway
ringpop03

Postby Mystoc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm

ringpop03 wrote:
Mystoc wrote:

there would need to be another condition for it to balanced like predict who will visit and give that one person immunity to being redirected and you cant whisper them the day before idk

Ok, you should only give it 3 pipes and then it becomes just a vote. So you can't just do a pipe everyday and negate all tp/lo. Also the ability doesn't work against a revealed mayor for obvious reasons. Basically it just gets rid of the tp/lo on me meta except for the mayor who was built for that anyway

it works but it feels to heavy handed like here is your kill anyone 3 time ability, it solves a prorblem but its too forced if you get my meaning, it should be alot things together not just this, asro can already kill jailor for free, adding more and more stuff might work it might not
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ringpop03 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Mystoc wrote:
ringpop03 wrote:
Mystoc wrote:

it works but it feels to heavy handed like here is your kill anyone 3 time ability, it solves a prorblem but its too forced if you get my meaning, it should be alot things together not just this, asro can already kill jailor for free, adding more and more stuff might work it might not

I wouldn't say it's three free kills per se. First off, the piper has to know who maf will attack, and it's harder to justify taking risks with only three pipes. Also, the maf/nk has to know/guess there's a piper, so it's still a risk to attack a tp/lo request. You can say that they could coordinate, but then they would have to find eachother first. This often doesn't happen woth witches, so why would it happen with pipers? Plus, if there are a lot of whispers and one person whispering dies and is maf/piper, it places suspicion on the other person.
ringpop03

Postby ABadWord » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:11 am

I kind of like it, might be a bit Under Powered due to needing to coordinate with Mafia but has difficulty finding Mafia, and can lure a killing role into them self, but seems like it could be fun if a Consig finds you or you find a Janitor or something.
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Postby Lalur » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:46 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've edited the original with your suggestions, however I'm still thinking about how to make it properly balanced
Lalur

Postby Determinus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:33 am

Check out "Stalker" in the testing grounds' accepted roles (Testing Grounds > Testing Grounds Rolecards). Someone made a balanced (at least until testing proves otherwise) version of this a long time ago, it's been there for years, and is even now in use in Forum Mafia. Good idea, if you came up with this on your own maybe you have potential.
Determinus

Postby Lalur » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:03 am

Determinus wrote:Check out "Stalker" in the testing grounds' accepted roles (Testing Grounds > Testing Grounds Rolecards). Someone made a balanced (at least until testing proves otherwise) version of this a long time ago, it's been there for years, and is even now in use in Forum Mafia. Good idea, if you came up with this on your own maybe you have potential.

I didn't know about this, thanks for letting me know
Lalur

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Wow I like this role
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Role Ideas