Transporter Should Be "Neutral Evil" Role

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Transporter Should Be "Neutral Evil" Role

Postby Taktikyokbambam123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm

My suggest is Transporter should be NE role. I think Transporter role will be better and fun to play when it is NE.

Why I think like that?

1. To my opinion "Transporter" role is discordant with town. For example it isn' t roleblocking anyone or using dead peoples roles or giving +2 vote for town or taking informations from deads or etc.

2. Transport role is a handicap for town. Transporters often ruin "Tis results" or let vigilantes to shoot wrong targets.

3. It has got a low chance to let mafia kill other mafia but this chance is too low.

How will it be, If Transporter role is NE

1. You don' t have any treat for ruining Tis results or let vigilantes shoot wrong targets.

2. You can choose your side. You can play with either mafia, town and Neutral Killing.

3. Your only goal is survive as survivor but you will have a huge affect to game.
Taktikyokbambam123

Re: Transporter Should Be "Neutral Evil" Role

Postby ABadWord » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:28 am

Like the idea, trans does need a rework, one issue with this.
Surv win-con is stinky, Survivor has the monopoly and he is one of the most controversial roles in the game.
Witch win-con would make them a NE. Maybe leave out the "live to see" part.

Once trans is reworked then I would be down for a chaotic NE with high skill.
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Postby Mystoc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:14 am

I have made evil transporter but its NC not NE it was with the intention of making it so transporter isnt confirmed,

it could reworked to an NE transporter but would be very hard
if the NE trans ever that finds mafia its insanely OP since its visits dont trigger TP or LO
look at town traitor with trans and you get the idea of how strong it is if it ever finds people to cordinate with

here is my role viewtopic.php?f=27&t=79493&p=2614387#p2614387
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ringpop03 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Transporter is the second most OP town role in the game, only below jailor, in the hands of a competent player. It confirms itself with the notification, acts as a tp by moving an important target away from maf crosshairs (not someone who called tp/lo though), and if it's to someone quiet or suspicious it either kills a maf or confirms a town role, preventing a potential mislynch later in the game. It also counters maf pretending to be spy as the person who was selected by maf versus actually chosen by maf would be different, as well as a good chance that the fake spy did a bad bug on someone transed but didn't note it. It can even act as a protective on itself an infinite amount of tomes, something that other tps can't even do. There are many more benefits that I haven't listed here. Also, people transed usually claim transed to stop the effect on ti's, and if they don't then the trans can come out and say who they transed
ringpop03

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:44 pm

I 100% support this, this is a fantastic way of removing transporter from being a broken easily confirmable town role into a troll Neutral Evil role.

/Support
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby DecDecAttack » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:51 am

This would be NB if it can win with town...
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:15 pm

Taktikyokbambam123 wrote:My suggest is Transporter should be NE role. I think Transporter role will be better and fun to play when it is NE.

Why I think like that?

1. To my opinion "Transporter" role is discordant with town. For example it isn' t roleblocking anyone or using dead peoples roles or giving +2 vote for town or taking informations from deads or etc.

2. Transport role is a handicap for town. Transporters often ruin "Tis results" or let vigilantes to shoot wrong targets.

3. It has got a low chance to let mafia kill other mafia but this chance is too low.

How will it be, If Transporter role is NE

1. You don' t have any treat for ruining Tis results or let vigilantes shoot wrong targets.

2. You can choose your side. You can play with either mafia, town and Neutral Killing.

3. Your only goal is survive as survivor but you will have a huge affect to game.

I disagree with this since Hypnotist would no longer be able to claim Transporter. Along with this only having to transport once and then staying silent for the rest of the game, it would have a very easy chance of winning.
/nosupport
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:43 pm

Adding an NE role which does the same as transporter is fine, changing transporter to NE is not, trans is actually one of the strongest town roles in the game
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:44 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Adding an NE role which does the same as transporter is fine, changing transporter to NE is not, trans is actually one of the strongest town roles in the game

I disagree since it doesn't have a good way at finding evils.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:56 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Adding an NE role which does the same as transporter is fine, changing transporter to NE is not, trans is actually one of the strongest town roles in the game

I disagree since it doesn't have a good way at finding evils.

It does have a good way of finding evils. It's called scumreading and it's the same way that Town roles have to find evils. NE roles should have to scumread like a Townie while working against Town like Mafia member. Otherwise you don't have an NE, you have a 5th Mafia member. And unfortunately that's what Witch is right now due to Witchsigliere.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas