Changes to Witch - Due to Arso Buff

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Changes to Witch - Due to Arso Buff

Postby Krazikitteh » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Not sure if there's already a post out there, didn't see one but might've missed it.

With the new changes to the NK's, if they remain impletmented a change needs to be made to witch due to the passive douse.

With current changes:
Witch controls the Arsonist. Finds Arso, but is doused due to passive dousing. They must now work Against the arson to either have them never ignite or get lynched/exed by jailor, because witch will lose if they die. The chances of a witch finding arson without controlling become very slim, that unlike witch finding Mafia, SK, or Werewolf, Witch now plays against Town and Arsonists essentially. This is unfair to both the NK who could have witch as an ally, or the witch who now has one less ally and an obstacle to get past.

I propose one of two possible changes.

1) More obvious, give witch douse immunity. This way Witch cannot be doused when visiting an arson. This may cause some issues though and be seen as too powerful.

My second option I'm more in favour of:
2) Witch has a one time cleanse that automatically gets used when doused. Similar to the witches one time basic defense, if the witch visits an arson then they will automatically clean themselves (Whether this could also be triggered by the arson visiting the witch is debatable, could be a way for arson to find their ally though). This is potentially what may occur on a night witch visits the arsonist:

"Your target likes to watch things burn. They must be an Arsonist."
"You were doused but you managed to cleanse yourself of the gasoline."

With either option there's the question whether Arson will know their target was doused or not. If it appears they were doused, arson will find out when they don't ignite that they weren't actually doused. Or possibly when dousing a witch a message similar to:

"Your target is well versed in witchcraft and cleansed themselves of your gasoline" Which would work for either the witches 1 time douse or douse immunity. [This would be an extra buff to NK so may make more sense to just leave Arson in the dark of whether they actually doused a witch or not, while witch knows they cleaned themself]

Sorry for the lack of a pretty post, and further ideas would be appreciated. Just feel witch needs to be accounted for due to the new change.
>^-^< Krazikitteh's a bit long, so you can just call me Kitteh. >^-^<

Stalk me on any of the following!
Furry-Paws
Deviantart
Youtube

Spoiler: Forum Mafia
NFM17 - Citizen - Alive - Loss
*Replaced Into*
NFM19 - Citizen - Alive - Loss
NFM20 - Citizen - Alive - Win
Krazikitteh
Survivor
Survivor

Location: In the frozen north of a far away land called Canada.

Re: Changes to Witch - Due to Arso Buff

Postby CrowFoxy2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:51 am

I don't know why this isn't getting much attention, it is a real issue. Hate to necro though.
CrowFoxy2

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:31 am

I don't really have an opinion on this. With Arsonist getting a buff, I always thought it traded off. Even before the update, Witches would never side with Arsonist over Mafia, unless they are that person that favors NK wins. In ranked, before the update, Witch never sided with Arsonist anyway, because Arsonists could have them doused and the main goal of Witch is to survive until the end of the game. It's really a trade off of being the sneaky killer, and although Arsonist is under-powered, other NK will always be more reliable and a better ally nevertheless. Plus, what if an Arsonist douses you? Then you won't be able to find them because you will be doused, so it adds a bit of rng when it comes to Arsonist having an ally and them getting outed.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby pinkprincess186 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 pm

I absolutely agree with this, I was witch and I found the arsonist and we agreed to work together. At the end of the game, I had them ignite, but alas, when they did I died. So even though I was helping the arson throughout the whole game, I didn't get to win with them. That's pretty unfair. The arson I was helping was really upset about it too.
Yo, you can call me Raymi and/or Pinky.

In game, the names I use most are:
Q, Sasuke, and Meowth.
Sometimes I'll use Eggs or EggsAndBacon as well.

My favorite roles:
Spoiler: Witch
Framer
Forger
Godfather

Survivor
Amnesiac
Guardian Angel
Necromancer
Transporter
Retributionist
Doctor
Investigator
Psychic

My least favorite roles:
Spoiler: Jester
Executioner
Arsonist
Jailor
Veteran

~I play this game quite often, but that does not mean I'm good at it.~
pinkprincess186

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:07 pm

Well, I would take the second one and only if witch visits arso, because if witch is against arso then arso may want to kill them and make witch clean themselves would make arso waste a night completely
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby CircleAs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 am

to be honest, I used to think that Witch was douse immune.
CircleAs

Return to Role Ideas