Mafia Deception Buffs

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Mafia Deception Buffs

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Framer:
- Select a target to framer and one to frame them as.
- Sheriffs/Investigators will see the second player's results when checking the first.
- Spies will see who the framed person visited as a mafia visit. If the framed person is a member of the Mafia, their visit will be hidden from the spy.
- Lookouts will see the framed person visit when they watch who the framer's second target visits. (e.g. A is Lookout, B is framer, C is mafioso, D is sheriff, E is jailor. B frames D as C, C attacks E, A watches E and sees D visiting instead.)
- Trackers will see the framed person visit who the framer's second target visited.
- Framed people can appear in a psychic's evil vision. If the framed person is a member of the Mafia, they will be unable to appear in the psychic's evil vision.
- The framer has a 1 time self-frame. They may also frame someone else while using your self-frame.

Disguiser:
- The disguiser has a 1 time ability to disguise another player. They may disguise/disguise as other mafia members.

Forger:
- The forger has an ability to watch a player and record who they visit, like the Lookout. This ability must be performed separately from forges. The recent Lookout change should also be reverted.
- The forger now has unlimited forges.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Re: Mafia Deception Buffs

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm

So you compiled together:
A mashup of JacksonVirgo's Framer buff and DragonClaw's Framer buff; granted the "1-time self-frame" is new, but I don't see what the point of that is.
The Disguiser buff that Achilles introduced in one of the central threads
Venusupreme's Forger buff (you also added unlimited forges, but I don't see that making much difference)

Those ideas are all already being discussed elsewhere, and this thread doesn't even have the merit of being a specialized thread for a particular idea because, well, it isn't that; it's all over the place.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Doesn't matter if this is a compilation of previous ideas, having it in one thread makes it easier.

+Support
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby Mystoc » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm

seen these ideas before but they are good ones nothing really new to say
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Venusupreme » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Wow that forger buff idea is god tier. Whoever thought of that must be, like, objectively the smartest player in all of Salem! 8-)
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Venus 200 iq gameplay
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:55 am

Brilliand wrote:So you compiled together:
A mashup of JacksonVirgo's Framer buff and DragonClaw's Framer buff; granted the "1-time self-frame" is new, but I don't see what the point of that is.
The Disguiser buff that Achilles introduced in one of the central threads
Venusupreme's Forger buff (you also added unlimited forges, but I don't see that making much difference)

Those ideas are all already being discussed elsewhere, and this thread doesn't even have the merit of being a specialized thread for a particular idea because, well, it isn't that; it's all over the place.

Well yeah it's mostly just previously discussed ideas that I've tweaked a little bit. For Framer, I changed a couple of the interactions to make the role more dynamic, and the self-frame is to hide your visit from spies.
I forgot that disguiser buff was even proposed lol. Otherwise yeah, this is mainly a mashup of other ideas.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Return to Role Ideas