Role idea: The Possessor (Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role idea: The Possessor (Neutral Chaos)

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Name: The Possessor (Name work in progress)

Unique: Yes



Alignment: Neutral Chaos

Attack: Unstoppable (When your making the evil switch bodies)
Defense: None


Attributes:
If your revived target dies, you will turn into Survivor with no vests

Abilities:
Choose a dead evil player, and choose a living body, for them to swap bodies, bringing the dead player back to life and killing the living player
The player you bring back to life can not be a Neutral Evil, Neutral Benine, or Town role
No one will see that the living player has died, or that the dead player is now back in the previously live player's body
If the Pestilence is brought back, the town will be alerted with the message "The undying Pestilence has been revived!"


Goal: Have you revived target be alive at the end of the game


You win with:
The Town
The Mafia
The Coven
The Survivors
The Amnesiacs
The Guardian Angels
The Serial Killers
The Werewolf
The Arsonists
The Juggernaut
The Jesters
The Executioners
The Vampires
The pirate
The Plaguuebearer
The Pestilence
The Possessor

Sheriff results: Your target is not suspicious.

Investigator results: You target could be Spy, Blackmailer, Jailer, Guardian Angel, or Possessor.

Consigliere results: Your target is a master of the possessive forces. They must be a Possessor!


Achievements:

Necromantic: Win 1 game as Possessor

Dark Ritual: Win 5 games as Possessor

Fake Kindness: Win 10 games as Possessor

Smell of Possession: Win 25 games as Possessor

The Evil Lives On: Win a game while your dead

I'm In Charge Now: Put an evil's body in the mayor

Truce!: Win with the town by keeping a pirate alive until the end.

Coven's Best Friend: Revive the Coven Leader

Disguised Killer: Revive the Serial Killer

Death's Revival: Revive the Pestilence

Lore:
From birth, the Possessor had the power of the dead inside him. Evil relatives, the Godfather, past Serial Killers and even the Coven leader spoke to him every night. One day, he decided to choose a victim. He went into the mayor's house, stroke up a friendly conversation, and when the time was right, he tied the mayor to the ground, and started the ritual. When morning came, everything seemed just as it had seemed in the previous day. At night, the mayor began his killing spree. The Serial Killer was back.

If you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them!
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Hey BMG, when's your next DLC announcement??
Also no I am not going to get a PFP because... (JK I'm gonna change my PFP every time I get a new role, if I can find a good picture for it that is)


My best role ideas:

The Possessor

Arms Dealer

The Reaper

Witch Hunter

The Infiltrator
DiamondRanger8
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby cob709 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Town will immediately notice if a dead player is revived.
The evil guy will just be hung again.
reviving evils doesnt work
Image
User avatar
cob709
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 pm

cob709 wrote:Town will immediately notice if a dead player is revived.
The evil guy will just be hung again.
reviving evils doesnt work

I think he means like, the dead person takes over their body. Kinda like the old Disguiser.
Certified Goop God
Spoiler: Kingy on ToL
Something about Goop on ToS

Love this baby
Image
FM record
User avatar
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am
Location: Bama

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:34 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
cob709 wrote:Town will immediately notice if a dead player is revived.
The evil guy will just be hung again.
reviving evils doesnt work

I think he means like, the dead person takes over their body. Kinda like the old Disguiser.


Yes, exactly.
Hey BMG, when's your next DLC announcement??
Also no I am not going to get a PFP because... (JK I'm gonna change my PFP every time I get a new role, if I can find a good picture for it that is)


My best role ideas:

The Possessor

Arms Dealer

The Reaper

Witch Hunter

The Infiltrator
DiamondRanger8
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:34 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
cob709 wrote:Town will immediately notice if a dead player is revived.
The evil guy will just be hung again.
reviving evils doesnt work

I think he means like, the dead person takes over their body. Kinda like the old Disguiser.


Yes, exactly.

Also to do the embed thing with the link, do as follows:

[url=INSTER LINK HERE]INSERT TEXT HERE[/url]

Example:
So my friend died and his last will said this
Certified Goop God
Spoiler: Kingy on ToL
Something about Goop on ToS

Love this baby
Image
FM record
User avatar
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am
Location: Bama

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby MacReturned » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:52 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
cob709 wrote:Town will immediately notice if a dead player is revived.
The evil guy will just be hung again.
reviving evils doesnt work

I think he means like, the dead person takes over their body. Kinda like the old Disguiser.


Yes, exactly.

Also to do the embed thing with the link, do as follows:

[url=INSTER LINK HERE]INSERT TEXT HERE[/url]

Example:
So my friend died and his last will said this


Firstly, very thoughtful of you to teach the embed way. I had to figure that out myself for days
Also tarnation you for rickrolling me >:( (click into the photo of I Am The VAMPIRE for a special personality test)
I like the Ambusher's logo.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
User avatar
MacReturned
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby Mystoc » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:45 pm

the name is wrong it doesn't posses itself it lets an mafia or NK possess a body

a better name would be the ritualist or shaman

so it kills the person the picks a dead person to take over their body. its not a bad role per sa besides it messes with the report system since an evil mafia or NK will now be in an non evil roles body

the goal itself is bad and just promotes waiting till the last possible day to win but ofc you can die before u get to rez an mafia or NK , the goal doesnt feel fun, this role feels like it should be NE with a different win con but feels to strong as NE to me

its mafia/NK pre nerf Retributionist with no team with an old disguiser like quality, not much to say it could work i dont know how to feel about this the goal is bad though

i have a role the Jinn the solves the reporting problem of body swapping if you want me to link it OP, its very different from this role though it just also takes over bodies
User avatar
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 pm

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
cob709 wrote:Town will immediately notice if a dead player is revived.
The evil guy will just be hung again.
reviving evils doesnt work

I think he means like, the dead person takes over their body. Kinda like the old Disguiser.


Yes, exactly.

Also to do the embed thing with the link, do as follows:

[url=INSTER LINK HERE]INSERT TEXT HERE[/url]

Example:
So my friend died and his last will said this



Oh nice thanks for the tip! Yeah I've just started posting on here so I didn't really know how to do much of the stuff that actually makes things look good.
Hey BMG, when's your next DLC announcement??
Also no I am not going to get a PFP because... (JK I'm gonna change my PFP every time I get a new role, if I can find a good picture for it that is)


My best role ideas:

The Possessor

Arms Dealer

The Reaper

Witch Hunter

The Infiltrator
DiamondRanger8
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:43 pm

Mystoc wrote:the name is wrong it doesn't posses itself it lets an mafia or NK possess a body

a better name would be the ritualist or shaman

so it kills the person the picks a dead person to take over their body. its not a bad role per sa besides it messes with the report system since an evil mafia or NK will now be in an non evil roles body

the goal itself is bad and just promotes waiting till the last possible day to win but ofc you can die before u get to rez an mafia or NK , the goal doesnt feel fun, this role feels like it should be NE with a different win con but feels to strong as NE to me

its mafia/NK pre nerf Retributionist with no team with an old disguiser like quality, not much to say it could work i dont know how to feel about this the goal is bad though

i have a role the Jinn the solves the reporting problem of body swapping if you want me to link it OP, its very different from this role though it just also takes over bodies



Yeah that makes sense. I've been thinking of changing the win condition to something more interesting. But the reason I would keep it as Neutral Chaos is because if an evil was brought back to another person's body, that would throw a wrench into the whole game, as previously confirmed people could now be the pestilence, for example.
Hey BMG, when's your next DLC announcement??
Also no I am not going to get a PFP because... (JK I'm gonna change my PFP every time I get a new role, if I can find a good picture for it that is)


My best role ideas:

The Possessor

Arms Dealer

The Reaper

Witch Hunter

The Infiltrator
DiamondRanger8
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby cob709 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:59 pm

im pretty sure possessing a different player's name is gonna cause some huge issues
PlayerMafia: *dies*
PlayerMafia: *possess PlayerTownie*
PlayerMafia: [INSERT RACIAL SLURS AND PHRASES]
PlayerTownie: *gets banned*
Image
User avatar
cob709
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:11 pm

Retri can't ress anymore so uh, this role is pointless.
OreCreeper
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:36 pm

cob709 wrote:im pretty sure possessing a different player's name is gonna cause some huge issues
PlayerMafia: *dies*
PlayerMafia: *possess PlayerTownie*
PlayerMafia: [INSERT RACIAL SLURS AND PHRASES]
PlayerTownie: *gets banned*



This is an issue that would come with this, but I feel like it could be fixed in some way. Not really sure how at the moment though.
Hey BMG, when's your next DLC announcement??
Also no I am not going to get a PFP because... (JK I'm gonna change my PFP every time I get a new role, if I can find a good picture for it that is)


My best role ideas:

The Possessor

Arms Dealer

The Reaper

Witch Hunter

The Infiltrator
DiamondRanger8
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:41 pm

cob709 wrote:im pretty sure possessing a different player's name is gonna cause some huge issues
PlayerMafia: *dies*
PlayerMafia: *possess PlayerTownie*
PlayerMafia: [INSERT RACIAL SLURS AND PHRASES]
PlayerTownie: *gets banned*

this already happens with forger lmao
Certified Goop God
Spoiler: Kingy on ToL
Something about Goop on ToS

Love this baby
Image
FM record
User avatar
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am
Location: Bama

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby ABadWord » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Would the trial system not pick that up? Like wouldn't the chat logs show the possessed players name with the Mafioso controlling him off to the side.
I assume as well that upon death the possessed player will have the person who was resurrected into him revealed so people can report the actual bad boy.
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
User avatar
ABadWord
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 am
Location: Ten feet to your right.

Re: Role idea: The Possessor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 am

ABadWord wrote:Would the trial system not pick that up? Like wouldn't the chat logs show the possessed players name with the Mafioso controlling him off to the side.
I assume as well that upon death the possessed player will have the person who was resurrected into him revealed so people can report the actual bad boy.

Medium would like to know your location.
Certified Goop God
Spoiler: Kingy on ToL
Something about Goop on ToS

Love this baby
Image
FM record
User avatar
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am
Location: Bama


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests