Mafia buff (small)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Mafia buff (small)

Postby oddluck » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:12 pm

So Mafia are a team, give them shared results. This is for Janitor cleans and Consig actions, even if the Consig/Janitor gets killed by an SK. Let the whole mafia know what results they got on their way out. If they are alive they are just going to whisper it to a teammate anyway
oddluck
Witch
Witch

Re: Mafia buff (small)

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Agreed. This helps good players to cope with poor teammates, and the only balance effect it has is to very slightly buff a faction that needs a buff anyway.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ABadWord » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 pm

/support
Why wasn't this a feature in the first place? This is just quality of life.
"___ investigated ___ and found out he is a Doctor." Easy and clean.
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Postby cob709 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:26 am

I'd suggest a few tweaks.

Perhaps it's best to relay all the information to one specific member of the mafia.. the leader of the mafia.. THE GODFATHER.
Since they literally do nothing except control mafioso, they should have some unique benefit that actually contributes towards coordinating the team.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:56 am

cob709 wrote:I'd suggest a few tweaks.

Perhaps it's best to relay all the information to one specific member of the mafia.. the leader of the mafia.. THE GODFATHER.
Since they literally do nothing except control mafioso, they should have some unique benefit that actually contributes towards coordinating the team.

This doesn't seem like something that should be a specific-role power.

Besides which, out of Godfather and Mafioso, Godfather is already the cool one (has defense, sheriff immunity, and the ability to pick who to kill).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:23 am

cob709 wrote:I'd suggest a few tweaks.

Yeah and if the Godfather is one of those afk, it'd still doom the mafia.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:35 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:Yeah and if the Godfather is one of those afk, it'd still doom the mafia.

"afk" is a bit extreme; this idea won't help against actual AFKers.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:39 am

Brilliand wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Yeah and if the Godfather is one of those afk, it'd still doom the mafia.

"afk" is a bit extreme; this idea won't help against actual AFKers.

I meant that as a branch term
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mystoc » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:46 pm

i mean at what point does sharing info stop its a good change but sometimes to much QoL dumbs down the game inst the whole point to share info and talk to your teammates? if you automate to much of the game it start feeling less fun, if a consig isnt sharing info that means they just did the ability right so that means they just recently afked, it useful for the first night but after that they are just afk

whats the next suggestion vote take over your teammates role if they are afk and kick them from the game, afk people should be reported and then move on

ABadWord wrote:/support

your example with SK is not QoL is acctualy a nerf to SK the SK earned the right to deny mafia info by killing the janitor or consig the night they got that info, maybe make a mafia role who can fake being meduim if want to get dead mafia info from the night they die,
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Mystoc wrote:

your example with SK is not QoL is acctualy a nerf to SK the SK earned the right to deny mafia info by killing the janitor or consig the night they got that info, maybe make a mafia role who can fake being meduim if want to get dead mafia info from the night they die,

If it's a nerf to SK, then it's also a nerf to Vigilante. Also, I suspect the SK isn't very interested in denying the Mafia info most of the time.

To the extent this affects balance at all, I'd characterize this as a "Mafia buff", rather than as a nerf to every other faction. (Every faction has a way to kill at night, after all. Oh, and daytime lynches are relevant too.)

'Course if we really want to remove all balance effects of this change, it wouldn't be too bad to have the info show up at the start of the following night only if the Janitor/Consigliere lives that long.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Mystoc » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Mystoc wrote:

If it's a nerf to SK, then it's also a nerf to Vigilante. Also, I suspect the SK isn't very interested in denying the Mafia info most of the time.

This true difference is sk is the underdog vig is on team with highest win rate, why wouldn’t sk want to stop info what if consig had been targeting the sk denying info is great against town and also good for mafia having more info to decide hats safe to claim with janitor or who is best to kill with consig is great for mafia

To the extent this affects balance at all, I'd characterize this as a "Mafia buff", rather than as a nerf to every other faction. (Every faction has a way to kill at night, after all. Oh, and daytime lynches are relevant too.)

Nk needs buffs and this hurts nk

'Course if we really want to remove all balance effects of this change, it wouldn't be too bad to have the info show up at the start of the following night only if the Janitor/Consigliere lives that long.

Yes this a great idea I support this
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas