Rogue Militant (Name Pending): Neutral Killing

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Rogue Militant (Name Pending): Neutral Killing

Postby NunnDuuRaah » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 am

So the idea is that this is a Veteran who became too paranoid and becomes an NK. It would function sort of like a Vig/Vet hybrid where you can choose to stay home, and you gain basic defense and a powerful attack, or you can choose to visit someone and shoot them with a basic attack and no defense. The descriptions of Vigiliantes and Veterans in the game always seemed pretty dark to me, so that sort of person going evil doesn't seem too far-fetched imo.

Now, one option that might make them more powerful is to have their kill results show up as vig or vet to mess with town/evils, but I'm not sure if that'd be too powerful.

An with the name, I'm still having trouble finding something I like, maybe this could be the "Terrorist".

Would love some tips and feedback!
NunnDuuRaah
Jester
Jester

Re: Rogue Militant (Name Pending): Neutral Killing

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:42 am

Honestly, I love this idea. I think it has potential to be good. Here are my suggestions:

- Change the name to Renegade.
- Investigator results are Vigilante, Veteran, Mafioso, Pirate, Ambusher, or Renegade.
- Consig results are “Your target is a crazed gunman. They must be a Renegade.”
- Detection Immunity.
- Temporary Role block Immunity (when alerting)
- Temporary Control Immunity (when alerting)
- Defense: None (Basic when not shooting)
- Attack: Basic (Powerful when alerting)

Ability: Choose to shoot someone or go on alert.

Attributes:
- When alerting, you gain basic defense and are control and role block immune.
- If you are attacked by your target, you will gain basic defense.
- If you choose to do nothing, you will gain basic defense.
- You erase the will of anyone you kill.

Love the idea of a NK that can kill like the Serial Killer who can’t be found by Sheriff, but who’s downside is they can be killed by Mafia or Vigilantes. Obviously, as an evil Veteran, you would have to erase wills or you’d be found out easily. But if there was no way to tell of someone was shot or died from alert, it would make this role really cool.

/support
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby NunnDuuRaah » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 am

I'm glad you like the idea! The WW sort of has that aspect at night where you have to think carefully about whether you want to stay home, or visit someone, and I feel like this jacks that up a bit.

If you visit, you may die, if you stay home, you may out yourself.

And yeah it's basically just a Veteran + Vigilante, so you filled up all the details pretty well.

Renegade could work, but that's still a relatively vague/broad term, trying to find something more military oriented.

And if the kills did show up as vig/vet kills (which wouldn't technically be a lie since it's a military-veteran gone off the deep-end that succumbed to their paranoia and became a twisted vigilante) it would make town more wary of vig/vet claims, and make it harder for those roles to become confirmed. Good way to trick witches/CLs too.
NunnDuuRaah
Jester
Jester

Postby Mystoc » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

if you stay home and kill someone their will out you has being the killer though

having fake messages is a bit silly because a vig not dying of guilt just insta outs you and others will outs you if you try to fake vet

NK who have no defense when they directly attack is not a good idea look at WW who had no defense on non full moons it was horrible, the downside can never be loses defense its just unfun and screws mafia if they kill NK to early by accident NK must be immune to mafia at night

i made a an evil vet a while ago lore wise but its nothing like this role at all
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby NunnDuuRaah » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:11 pm

If someone visits you and dies, you could always just claim vet is there are fake messages.

And sure, a vig not dying is very suspicious, but there will be other TKs, possibly other vigs. Town and evils will become wary of any TK roles. Just like any other form of fake-claiming, depending on how far in you are, you can CC the real TK. That sort of thing depends more on claim-space abd how far in you are. In general, the idea would probably be to play vet until late enough to safely get kills via visiting.

And sure, the old WW was not terribly impressive, but with fake messages, this role would have far more claim-space than other NK roles. You're trading one form of defense for another.
NunnDuuRaah
Jester
Jester

Postby Mystoc » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:18 pm

NunnDuuRaah wrote:If someone visits you and dies, you could always just claim vet is there are fake messages.

And sure, a vig not dying is very suspicious, but there will be other TKs, possibly other vigs. Town and evils will become wary of any TK roles. Just like any other form of fake-claiming, depending on how far in you are, you can CC the real TK. That sort of thing depends more on claim-space abd how far in you are. In general, the idea would probably be to play vet until late enough to safely get kills via visiting.

And sure, the old WW was not terribly impressive, but with fake messages, this role would have far more claim-space than other NK roles. You're trading one form of defense for another.

I think your idea is this role just fakes town and shoots once then kills people has vet once its not that strong if you do that, NK not killing gives town to much to get info

this role most times is just a worse SK with no defense and a vet and who has to trick people to visit them since it has no control over who visits them and if it stays home and doesnt get a visit no NK deaths happens, and if does stay home and get a kill as a vet and no vig (NK) kills happen that night losts susp will be cast on the vet

the whole idea of an evil vet vig townie just doesnt work
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Mystoc wrote:if you stay home and kill someone their will out you has being the killer though

Yeah, that’s why I suggested that you wipe wills after killing.

Mystoc wrote:having fake messages is a bit silly because a vig not dying of guilt just insta outs you and others will outs you if you try to fake vet

I also think this is stupid, because it just feels dumb. Like, no other NK does this. Just... nah.

Mystoc wrote: NK who have no defense when they directly attack is not a good idea look at WW who had no defense on non full moons it was horrible, the downside can never be loses defense its just unfun and screws mafia if they kill NK to early by accident NK must be immune to mafia at night.

Now that you remind me yeah that’s a terrible idea. Perhaps a witch type thing where the first attack is blocked? Of course, in my suggestion, attacking someone who is attacking you gives you defense automatically (so you dont lose a 1v1 with mafioso or vigi), but yeah NK... with no defense is rough.

Still like the idea tho
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby NunnDuuRaah » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:15 am

Mystoc wrote:
NunnDuuRaah wrote:If someone visits you and dies, you could always just claim vet is there are fake messages.

I think your idea is this role just fakes town and shoots once then kills people has vet once its not that strong if you do that, NK not killing gives town to much to get info

this role most times is just a worse SK with no defense and a vet and who has to trick people to visit them since it has no control over who visits them and if it stays home and doesnt get a visit no NK deaths happens, and if does stay home and get a kill as a vet and no vig (NK) kills happen that night losts susp will be cast on the vet

the whole idea of an evil vet vig townie just doesnt work

Certain aspects can be swapped around a bit, but I think this is the sort of role you could get away with if you play it right.

You can visit and kill early on and not reveal, other TK roles might get too scared to reveal buying you time. If you do get a kill and no vig dies, people may think they were a disg (though obviously maf will know otherwise), but in ranked you'd have maf and an NE, players will feel more uncertain.

And on some level, you can control who visits you with the right bait, though it's never guaranteed.

I still don't see it being a "worse SK" since it's easier to "confirm" as town.
NunnDuuRaah
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas