Fanatic (Neutral Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Fanatic (Neutral Evil)

Postby ABadWord » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:33 pm

Role Name:
Fanatic

Role Alignment:
Neutral Evil

Abilities:
-Able to visit one player at night.
-Able to visit four times.

Attributes:
Defense: Basic until attacked
Attack: Unstoppable
-If this role visits anyone with a Town Protective role defending them, this role will prevent the TP from defending their target, kill them, and die.
-If you run out of visits and fail to kill a TP you will kill yourself out of shame.
-if you are still alive after all TP are dead, you become a Jester.
-This role can only appear if there is at least one TP.
-This role doesn't alert Jailed targets of their visit.
-If you stop a evil aligned role from healing a target, you will not kill them and instead learn their name. They will learn yours as well.

Notifications:
"You killed a coward keeping ___ alive!"
"You where stopped and killed by a Fanatic!"
"You where hunted down by a Fanatic!"
"A Fanatic stopped you! They looked like ___!"
"You stopped someone, but they where to strong to kill, they looked like ___!"
"All those you wish to destroy are already dead! You have become a Jester!
"You've failed to hunt those you despise. You have to stop the shame..."

Goal:
Die for your beliefs. (kill at least one TP)

Win Conditions:
Wins with any faction/role so long as they have killed a TP.

Special Attributes:
-RB immune.
-Control Immune
-Overrides BG/Crusader RNG, always dying to said roles.
-Will absorb a trappers trap attack, having the trap only hurt no one, even if a killing role attacks the same night.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious!
Investigator - Your target could be a Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Amnesiac, (Medusa, Psychic,) or Fanatic.
Consigliere - Your target hunts those that would defend the weak. They must be a Fanatic!

Achievements:
Faith in Power- Win one round as a Fanatic.
Crush the Weak- Win five rounds as a Fanatic.
Darwinism- Win ten rounds as a Fanatic.
Firmly held Belief- Win twenty five rounds as a Fanatic.
Good Enough!- Kill a Body guard with your attack.
Cowards Everywhere!- Kill two Town Protect in one night.
Well Placed Faith- Kill a Town Protect night one.
Proven Right- Have your target die after you kill someone defending them.

Additional Information:
-Jailing/transporting doesn't count as a defensive move and will not kill the Jailor/Transporter if a Fanatic visits a target of said role
-If multiple Fanatics visit a target with one TP on them, the Fanatic that joined the lobby first will take the kill and win, the other will not kill any TP unless there is a third TP visiting that the first Fanatic missed.
-A Fanatic can kill up to two TP roles. (for instance they would kill a trapper and BG if the Fanatic visits a trapped target the same night as a BG, but if 3 doctors are on one target two of the Doctors will be stopped from defending their target and killed while the third defends said target. Targets in said 3 TP scenario are chosen at random.)
-Trappers can be killed if their trap(s) are triggered by a Fanatic. They will still be killed if their trap is triggered while in Jail.
-This role can kill a Retributionist using a TP, but not a Potion Master healing a target, or a Necromancer using a TP/PM heal.
-If a witch has a TP target a Fanatics target, the TP will die, not the witch.
-The primary purpose of this role is to dissuade Town from announcing who needs TP right from day one. Town will need to keep who needs TP quiet while the Fanatic tries to predict who will be defended.
-The limited visits is to prevent the role from mindlessly visiting everyone until they get lucky, the Fanatic will have to beat the TPs in mindgames.
-The "not killing evil healers but learning who they are" is done as while you DID stop a protect role, you failed to stop a town protect role. However, a Fanatic should be rewarded for doing there job (or a close proximity of their job), so instead you now have an evil friend to help you out. (You're both evil dude, go get 'em)

Lore:

"You are a crazed man that beliefs only the strong may live."

He still remembers the towns he used to live in.
Happy Towns where everyone knew everyone's name. Each one a peaceful land where everyone had nothing to fear.
His interest in fighting and defense was frowned upon by all his neighbors, what was he looking to fight in such a peaceful place?
Yet every town met the same fate. Murders, accusations, paranoia. Only through his intuition and skill did he survive.
Whether through public execution or fires that engulfed the town, every time the strong stood over what was left of the rubble. And he walked away with new scars.
In this world, the weak must break, so the strong may thrive.
The coward Jailor had recruited another to keep him from having to defend himself, fury was filling the mans mind as he lay in wait outside the Mayors home.
When a man clad in a surgeons outfit and another in a vest walked up, red filled his vision.
He sprung from the bushes and tore meaty chunks from the Body guards chest, them pounced upon the man cowering in fear with a scalpel in his hand.
After wiping two monsters who would interfere with the natural order of thing off of the earth, the man sucumbs to the bullet and stab wounds he endured, a smile in his face, as a man welding a Tommy Gun tips his fedora to the dying man and enters the Jailors home.
Last edited by ABadWord on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Re: Fanatic (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mystoc » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 pm

This an amazing role its the fabled die at night jester but with a condition too it there are a few things a i disagree with though

so the person just has to be being healing the person, the person being healed doesnt need to be attacked hmmm dont know how i feel about that might make the goal to easy,
thought the later may be to hard to pull off 2 other people the killer and healer would have visit the same target as you

this role is quite strong it techincally can kill two people since it stops the heal and kills the healer (but i feel that is fair since it dies afterwards and cant vote with mafia if its dead)

Attributes:
Defense: Basic

it should have defense only if it visits someone, or one auto vest basic def makes its win con way to easy

-If you run out of visits/still live after all TP are dead, you become a Jester.

no it should just die, four visits is plenty to guess on someone who will be saved esp with this jailor meta
or give it 2 visits but waiting a night gives you a visit back (and the max you can have is 3)

the goal says kill at least one tp but how it would it ever kill multiple if it dies after?

-This role can kill a Retributionist using a TP, a Potion Master healing a target, or a Necromancer using a TP/PM heal.

shouldnt be able to kill necormancer or PM they are evil roles NE is ment to help evils,

also with ret it should only be able to kill ret if it prevents this role from turning into jestor if it dies otherwise its a double standard which is bad, you could have it win off stopping a heal but doesnt kill ret, isnt rets visits astral anyway?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ABadWord » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 pm

I would be willing to give it a scum vest instead of basic defense. It would be better then basic in terms of balance as a NE.

However I was hoping for this role to dissuade the meta of TP/LO. If this role is in the game people would be reluctant to come out as important roles early, as they will be a target for the mafia, and therefore need a TP. This role would add mind games to the TP meta. TPs would need to juggle dodging a Fanatic and keeping town alive, while the Fanatic will need to predict the movements of any TP.

The Jester becoming part is mainly a second chance. You didn't die, just messed up your goal. It was put in as a way to keep a evil in without killing them off for free if they mess up or are just stupid. Killing them would be a harsher then I would prefer. While it could be if you run out of visits you die, if all TP roles die you should become a Jester, on this I will not budge.

The part of killing Necro and PM is able to be cut to make them in no way town supporting, but I like the a little. A way to backfire but still win alone.
Also, Reti is Astral I believe, however this role will hunt down the Reti/Trapper. It doesn't want to just disarm TP, it wants to kill them. Lore wise the Fanatic will destroy the zombie/trap and hunt down their maker for "interfering with the order of nature". Game play wise it's just unfun to correctly predict who gets saved and not win because it wasn't a direct visit.

P.S. the goal says kill at least one TP as you can kill two but only need one. It just makes it more clear. Killing two is a nice bonus more then anything. It could trade 1 to 1 but I prefer the more punishing method. Like TP/LO D1 then both TP are just dead.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Postby Mystoc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 am

ABadWord wrote:I would be willing to give it a scum vest instead of basic defense. It would be better then basic in terms of balance as a NE.

However I was hoping for this role to dissuade the meta of TP/LO. If this role is in the game people would be reluctant to come out as important roles early, as they will be a target for the mafia, and therefore need a TP. This role would add mind games to the TP meta. TPs would need to juggle dodging a Fanatic and keeping town alive, while the Fanatic will need to predict the movements of any TP.

Basic defense is to much exec has it because him winning is tied convincing others not using an ability at night which is harder for exec since if people never believe him he can’t win

The Jester becoming part is mainly a second chance. You didn't die, just messed up your goal. It was put in as a way to keep a evil in without killing them off for free if they mess up or are just stupid. Killing them would be a harsher then I would prefer. While it could be if you run out of visits you die, if all TP roles die you should become a Jester, on this I will not budge

iT already becomes Jestor if all tp dies and now you want it to if it guesses wrong as well each new way you add it becoming jester just lessons jesters reason for being a role why would I ever want to be Jestor when I could be this role and have two fallbacks if I fail and become Nestor anyway

The part of killing Necro and PM is able to be cut to make them in no way town supporting, but I like the a little. A way to backfire but still win alone.
Also, Reti is Astral I believe, however this role will hunt down the Reti/Trapper. It doesn't want to just disarm TP, it wants to kill them. Lore wise the Fanatic will destroy the zombie/trap and hunt down their maker for "interfering with the order of nature". Game play wise it's just unfun to correctly predict who gets saved and not win because it wasn't a direct visit.

NE having night abilities that can kill evils directly should never be a thing that’s all

P.S. the goal says kill at least one TP as you can kill two but only need one. It just makes it more clear. Killing two is a nice bonus more then anything. It could trade 1 to 1 but I prefer the more punishing method. Like TP/LO D1 then both TP are just dead.

Eh ok

Last edited by Mystoc on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cob709 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:03 pm

I think I understand this role.

So this role has 4 charges to guess who the TP is going to protect.
If it guesses correctly, it will then inflict an astral Unstoppable attack on the TP, suicide, and win.
If all TPs die, or if they fail to guess correctly, they have to win as a Jester instead.

Sounds like a great counter against TPs! I really like this role!
/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ABadWord » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Role edited:
Changed interactions with evil healers.
Changed defense from basic to a scum vest.
Changed Jester becoming conditions.

ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas