Informant - Mafia Support

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Informant - Mafia Support

Postby deadagain28 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Informant - Mafia support

Goal: Win with your fellow Mafia

Attributes: Attack: None Defense: None

Abilities: Every night you and all the Mafia are told what roles, and how many of each role, visited you (You the Informant, not you as in the whole Mafia). If you get killed at night, this ability will work on the night you died, but not after that. (If a Serial Killer, for example, randomly kills you, all Mafia members will still be told what roles and how many of each visited you on that night, including said Serial Killer).

In addition to this passive ability, you can "inform" one Mafia player each night, which counts as a visit. If the informed Mafia member tries to visit someone but that visit would result in their death for whatever reason, like them being a Veteran, or a Consigliere visiting a Serial Killer, then that visit would be stopped from going through. This would mean that the Mafia member you informed will not count as having visited their intended target and they will not die. All of the Mafia will be informed who it was that that member tried to visit that would have resulted in death.

Notifications:
You decided to inform ___ tonight.
You instead decided to inform ___ tonight.
(Number) of (Role), (and any other roles, in the same format) visited you last night!
(Name of Mafia member you informed) was saved from visiting (Name of person they were going to visit) last night!

Sheriff Results: Your target is suspicious!
Investigator Results: Your target is a Doctor, Retributionist, Executioner, or Informant
Consigliere and Witch Results: Your target is a master of watching movements in the night. They must be an Informant!

Achievements:

Paying attention - Win your first game as Informant

Observant - Win 5 game as informant

Keen senses - Win 10 games as Informant

Eye of the Night - Win 25 ganes as Informant

Close call - Save a Mafia member from death due to a visit

I Got Your Back - Save a Mafia member from dying due to a visit 3 times in a game.

Deadly Silence - Have a Sheriff that visited you get blackmailed and lynched on the next day.

Me, Myself, and I - Get informed that you visited yourself last night.

Hey, I know that guy! - Have a Mafia you informed visit you.

Lore: The Informant started off at a young age in organized crime, being the adopted son of a retired GodFather who was too old to continue his line of work. His father noticed the young boy's outstanding attention to detail and said he could make use of it by joining the organized crime life, as he was on quite good terms with the current GodFather. He tried being a Consigliere but soon found he was sharply aware of people's patterns of movement and had a great intuition and watchful eye for keeping his fellow Mafia members from going places that would put them in danger. While this was a strange gift and the current GodFather was a bit perplexed on what to do with him, he soon realized the kid, now about 18, wasn't like any other. He told the Informant to give up being a Consigliere and try to find a way to hone and utilize his unique gift. Thus, the Informant came unto himself as a special Mafia member who there had never been anyone quite like before. He kept his own out of trouble for a few years without a hitch but now some new people in town are stirring up trouble and joining forces. If the Informant doesn't help the Mafia take care of this problem, things will start to get pretty rough for anyone that the Townies think is "Not one of their own"...
deadagain28

Re: Informant - Mafia Support

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:18 pm

I mean the passive ability is kinda meh mafia has consig knowing roles that visit is barely useful

the active is nice for mafioso but really it stop BG vet and WW and thats it

in coven it can stop trapper or crusader as well but coven is unbalanced so dunno if i wanna include those

is the ability consig or janitor levels of strong no but it does have its uses its viable,

the main prob is spy hardcounters this role amolst no mafia besides framer or consort visits the same person each night and the lack of the person saying they were RBed eliminates the consort possibly

basically spy will out the mafiaso / GF cause you have to visit them each night so yea
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cob709 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:35 pm

I don't understand what this role does.
Can you rephrase the original post and do a little bit of formatting?
Try to be more concise
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby MacReturned » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:50 pm

cob709 wrote:I don't understand what this role does.
Can you rephrase the original post and do a little bit of formatting?
Try to be more concise

I'm pretty sure what it means is that, the Informant will be able to check a target to see if the members of the Mafia will result in death upon visiting them, and will be able to use an ability called 'inform' on the Mafia member, denying their visit as it'll kill them.
Spoiler:
YOU CALL THIS RESISTING ARREST? WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas