[REWORK] Deputy (Town Investigative)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

[REWORK] Deputy (Town Investigative)

Postby MikeMadness » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm

So this is a slight rework to the Deputy role I proposed about a week ago...

Role Name: Deputy

Role Alignment: Town Investigative

Abilities: You fill in some of the holes in Sheriff's results

Attributes:

During the night, choose one person to interrogate
Unlike the Sheriff, who only gets Suspicious or Innocent results, you get 2 role categories that your target could be, helping to fill in some holes in TI results

Notifications:

You decide to interrogate _____ tonight
Your target is either a ______ or a _______

Goal:

Lynch every criminal and evildoer

Win Conditions:

You win with Town
You win with Jester
You win with Executioner
You win with Survivor
You win with Guardian Angel

Must kill Mafia
Must kill Coven
Must kill Serial Killer
Must kill Werewolf
Must kill Arsonist
Must kill Witch

Special Attributes:

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - You find no evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator - Your target is either a Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf, Deputy or Poisoner
Consigliere - Your target is the Sheriff's right hand man. They must be a Deputy!
MikeMadness

Re: [REWORK] Deputy (Town Investigative)

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:42 pm

this seems exaclty the same as last week, whats the difference i dont see it Mike
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MikeMadness » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Mystoc wrote:this seems exaclty the same as last week, whats the difference i dont see it Mike

Instead of giving out roles, it now just gives role categories. I saw that I was taking too many cues from the Investigator when making Deputy and someone suggested I make it so Deputy just gives out categories for the results.
MikeMadness

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:05 pm

MikeMadness wrote:
Mystoc wrote:this seems exaclty the same as last week, whats the difference i dont see it Mike

Instead of giving out roles, it now just gives role categories. I saw that I was taking too many cues from the Investigator when making Deputy and someone suggested I make it so Deputy just gives out categories for the results.

what do you mean though like aligments? like what Mafia killing or Town killing as two results? still seems to similar to Invest to me sorry

also if you going to say you get different catogories you should list what they are or do you mean just killing investigative protection support ect?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MikeMadness » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm

Mystoc wrote:
MikeMadness wrote:

what do you mean though like aligments? like what Mafia killing or Town killing as two results? still seems to similar to Invest to me sorry

also if you going to say you get different catogories you should list what they are or do you mean just killing investigative protection support ect?

An example would be something like...

'Your target is either Mafia Deception or Town Support'. So Sheriff gets suspicious/innocent results, Investigator gets role results and Deputy gets alignment results.
MikeMadness

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:17 pm

its still to similar to invest if these can combo theres no claim space, one or other is fine

but this is just a worse invest if it replaced invest but its strong because it can combo with inves not because the role itself is better
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas