Role Idea: Illusionist

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role Idea: Illusionist

Postby TheGamingWarri0r » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Role name:Illusionist (Unique role)

Alignment:Mafia (Coven and Non-Coven)

Class:Random Mafia (Deception)

Attack: None

Defense: None

Ability: Create the illusion of a persons visit, selecting targets, your first target (visitor), and the second target (visited), visiting roles can be fellow mafia.

Attributes: a visit will appear as if it actually happened, this will fool a lookout (on the target), or a tracker (on the visitor), this role would be great for backing up tp claims for fellow mafia, and to confuse the lookout/tracker, if the visiting target decides to visit for real, the tracker will see them as visiting 2 targets, which will confirm the existence of the illusionist. If a spy bugs a the “visitor” target, the spy will know they were used by the illusionist. The illusionist only goes to the “visitor” target physically, meaning if the visited target is killed by a rampage attack, the illusionist and the “visitor” target will be fine.
Transporter will affect this role, if the visiting target is transported, they will be the one "visiting" instead, and vice-versa for the "visited" target.

If you are jailed, you can’t use your ability.

If a Pirate plunders you, you can still use your ability.

You have roleblock immunity for 1 night.

Investigative results:

Sheriff- Your target is suspicious.

Investigator- Results would need to be merged into game, but for now, assume nothing pops up.

Consigliere- Your target uses mind tricks to fool others, they must be an illusionist!

Goal: Kill all who oppose the mafia.

Win Conditions: Standard Mafia win conditions (Wins with Mafia, Witch, May spare neutral benign, neutral evil... etc)
TheGamingWarri0r

Re: Role Idea: Illusionist

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:40 pm

this just a weaker witch but doesn't give notifications so maybe it can work

the problem is its legit useless if theres no LO and tracker and

why would faking a visit to somewhere a LO is going to watch matter if no dies then it doesnt matter, and if they do die you mafia has to visit anyway so its a coin toss of who they pick was mafia at best this buys mafia a night if they guess wrong and hang the wrong visitor

there is a rework of framer by dragonclow that can do what this does but is alot more useful this is just to situational and when its works its a coin toss

here it is viewtopic.php?f=53&t=75850&hilit

fourm is locked though so i cant quote it here but heres a copy paste

Name: Framer
Alignment: Mafia Deception
Immunities: Attack - None, Defense - None
Specials: Mafia Chat, Promoted to Mafioso when all Mafia Killings die
Type: Information, Unique
Priority: 3

Sheriff Interrogation Results: Your target is a member of the Mafia!
Investigator Investigation Results: Your target could be a Framer, Vampire, Jester, or Hex Master.
Consigliere/Witch Investigation Results: Your target has a desire to deceive. They must be a Framer.

Summary: A skilled counterfeiter who frames information.
Abilities: Choose a player at night to framer. Choose another player to focus. You will not visit the focused player. You can choose yourself as the focused player.
Attributes:
- If you are lynched (or killed at night?), you will appear to be the role of the last player you framed.
- If a framed player...
...is tracked by a Tracker, it will appear as if they visited the focused player.
...is investigated by an Investigator, they will appear to a Framer, Vampire, Jester, or Hex Master.
...is interrogated by a Sheriff, they will appear to be a member of the Mafia.
...visits a player that is trapped, the Trapper will receive a notification of a Framer visiting the player.
- If a focused player is...
...is watched by a Lookout, it will appear as if they were visited by the framed player.
- A framed player will appear in a Psychic’s evil (odd-numbered night) vision. There must still be a player that would normally appear as evil. A framed player will never appear in the Psychic’s good (even-numbered night) vision.
- Your visit cannot be seen by a Spy (that would completely counter this role).
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheGamingWarri0r » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Keep in mind, that unlike the witch, the visiting target doesn't actually visit, it only makes it look like a visit, to fool TI roles, If the illusionist makes the godfather go on the jailor, the godfather can backup a BG or other tp claim, whilst still ordering an attack, or attacking in person another target, whilst witch would make them visit for real, keep in mind, I also haven't read up on other role ideas, so everything in this post is something I made-up on my own.
TheGamingWarri0r

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 pm

TheGamingWarri0r wrote:Keep in mind, that unlike the witch, the visiting target doesn't actually visit, it only makes it look like a visit, to fool TI roles, If the illusionist makes the godfather go on the jailor, the godfather can backup a BG or other tp claim, whilst still ordering an attack, or attacking in person another target, whilst witch would make them visit for real, keep in mind, I also haven't read up on other role ideas, so everything in this post is something I made-up on my own.

thats why i said its a weaker witch I was just linking a post like yours not accusing you of copying some ideas are good ones and that why they are repeated
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas