Lunatic (Neutral Killing & Revised)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Lunatic (Neutral Killing & Revised)

Postby scarfves » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:01 pm

The Lunatic

Alignment: Neutral Killing

Stats:
Attack: Semi-Basic (Unstoppable under Eyeless Condition)
Defense: Basic (Powerful under Eyeless Condition)

Abilities: You may choose to mark a player each night, marking an already marked player deals a basic attack to them. If they aren't visited by anyone else, grow stronger that night.

Attributes:
- Upon visiting a player's house, you check the surroundings, and if you are the only player visiting your target (ie. selecting that player for your ability during the night), you perform the Eyeless condition on them, making your attack unstoppable and your defense powerful that night, otherwise, mark that player, and marking an already marked player deals a basic attack to them.
- Killing someone under an Eyeless condition creates a new death message.
  • Marking already marked: *** died last night. They were killed by a Lunatic
  • Eyeless Kill: *** died last night. They had their body annihilated by a Lunatic
- To sharpen your knives and ready your equipment takes time: You cannot activate the Eyeless condition the first night.
- Unique
- When attacked and survived, know who attacked you and what role they are. The role is saved on the player list for only you to see.

Goal: Kill everyone who would oppose you.

Win Conditions:
Wins with: Witch
Wins with: Survivor
Wins with: Guardian Angel
Wins with: Pirate
Wins with: Lunatic
Must Kill: Town
Must Kill: Mafia
Must Kill: Serial Killer
Must Kill: Werewolf
Must Kill: Arsonist
Must Kill: Coven
Must Kill: Juggernaut
Must Kill: Vampire
Must Kill: Plaguebearer
Must Kill: Pestilence

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Your target keeps to themselves, Your target could be a Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Amnesiac, Medusa, Psychic, or Lunatic.
Consigilere: Your target ensures they never leave a trace, they must be a Lunatic.

I was previously working on rewriting and resuggesting changes to all the classic Neutral Killers in TOS when I stumbled across the Werewolf and after some self-thinking, decided to make a role thats opposite to his idea of getting players to visit his target to bait as many kills as possible, to making a Neutral Killer role that was best if he got people away from his target. I then realized that I already made a role idea of this same concept, so I'm revising that role into a Neutral Killing role rather than a neutral chaos supporter. Im still in the works of fixing the problems with Neutral killings in general since they have the lowest winrate out of all other alignments (even against neutral evils). Until then, this role still presents the interesting idea of baiting people away from a target to snipe some kills, as I want Neutral Killers to offer more reward for strategic plays.

In the comments, thoughts?
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Lunatic (Neutral Killing & Revised)

Postby cob709 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:24 pm

This seems quite interesting, I like it.
It basically can't attack unless it's the only person that visits them(Unstoppable) OR if they visit the same person twice(Basic).
But I'd suggest that the attack values should be reversed. Visiting once should do the Basic attack, while visiting a second time should be an Unstoppable attack.
Though, this would still mean that it has a maximum 1 KPN even if it manages to unstoppable attack every night.

It has the same problem as every other NK role, it's unable to eliminate everyone without being suspected and lynched first, but I do indeed like the idea for this role.
All NKs need a buff, but this would probably work well.
/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Mystoc » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:53 pm

lemee see if i get this right

if someone else visits who you visit you have to visit that person twice to kill them
mark one night then next night kill with basic attack

if no one visits kill unstoppable attack like jailor

if your attacked you know who did it / their role

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the reason I dislike this role is its just huge RNG if u get lucky you are the Juggernaut every night with 1 kpn
but if your unlucky its sk with .5 kpn but also have to risk two visits to the same target to get one kill

this role does not seem fun to play maybe late game its easier to predict who will visit who but early game to hard to predict
the reason this is bad is you get punished when visits happen to ur target which its LO or TP usualy so your doubley screwed,

Its just so much variance I dont think the role is fun most times you have no control over who visits who, its a balanced role but doesnt seem fun to me
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby scarfves » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:17 am

Mystoc wrote:lemee see if i get this right

if someone else visits who you visit you have to visit that person twice to kill them
mark one night then next night kill with basic attack

if no one visits kill unstoppable attack like jailor

if your attacked you know who did it / their role

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the reason I dislike this role is its just huge RNG if u get lucky you are the Juggernaut every night with 1 kpn
but if your unlucky its sk with .5 kpn but also have to risk two visits to the same target to get one kill

this role does not seem fun to play maybe late game its easier to predict who will visit who but early game to hard to predict
the reason this is bad is you get punished when visits happen to ur target which its LO or TP usualy so your doubley screwed,

Its just so much variance I dont think the role is fun most times you have no control over who visits who, its a balanced role but doesnt seem fun to me

I definitely had in mind that the more the game progressed, it would be harder to coordinate and pinpoint a attack since everybody will be planning their visits. This is also why I gave him a unstoppable attack and powerful defense under the Eyeless condition, as to give an extreme reward for what seems to be a simple condition. I want to create NK ideas that feature more bang for their buck if the user can strategically utilize their playstyle, as almost every other role in TOS has this capability... except for NKs (and kind of the Plaguebearer but also can achieve Pestilence early if the user is skilled enough to determine visits)
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Role Ideas