Retributionist minor adjustment

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Retributionist minor adjustment

Postby JAF1970 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:11 pm

How about this:

Players can either rez one person (old role) OR utilize dead player's power (new role).

The second they use the new power, the old power is unavailable. The second they use the old power, they can't use the new power.

So you have to wait to decide if you're going to try to use the old power, or say "screw it!" and use the new power.

Because now people have less reason to stick around if they think town will lose. If someone reveals as Mayor early, the Ret may want to rez him instead of use the power.
JAF1970
Spy
Spy

Re: Retributionist minor adjustment

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:49 pm

the old power 10x better then the new one any person with a brain would just to rez a person cause its super OP it confirms two people man and gets a power role back into the game

saying this a minor adjustment is funny though its basicly a revert to the old role
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby JAF1970 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:49 pm

The new role is just BAD.

I can't Mayor.
I can't Trapper.
I can't Trans.

What. Is. The. Point?

It's now a bad role.

Hey, devs.... try to incentivize people NOT QUITTING rather than punishing players who stay? Because this Ret power makes it even MORE likely people will quit.
JAF1970
Spy
Spy

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 pm

the point is you can be every other role but those 3 you listed.. and can still confrim yourself in mafia games its a strong role

who said the devs care if people leave? if it isnt ranked why does it matter that reason shouldnt justify ret being OP
people who dont quit are the ones who care about ranked, what wrong with waiting to see if theres a meduim then just leaving?

you arent punished for staying though u stay if you want to see the outcome of the match and leave if u dont care about stats or rank
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Queenofswords » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 am

Dude they're not reverting ret. They didn't change it because of townies leaving, they changed it because it was extremely op. The former ability had the ability to confirm at least two townies, more if there are any medium claims, real or not. In ranked or ranked practice that is somewhere between two to a maximum of five townies all confirmed in one fell swoop, as well as confirming any fake medium claims as fake. Obviously the five townies would only occur if all three random town slots are mediums but you get my point. It also completely set evils back a day in trying to gain majority. Combine those two factors and ret's presence in a game destroyed evils chances of winning.
Now yes you can't use all town roles, but you can still use many of them. Including many powerful ones like Doctor, Bodyguard, and Vigilante (without vigi's draw back I might add.) This rework also now makes ret potentially fake-able for evil roles. Obviously necro would probably the easiest time faking it, but it's not the only one.
Basically, no this is not a minor adjustment, and they're not gonna revert ret. It was extremely op and the old ret's absence is gonna be healthier for the game in the long run.
Queenofswords
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Role Ideas