Serial Killer buff (Sheriff result)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Serial Killer buff (Sheriff result)

Postby videogamecin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 am

SK should appear innocent to Sheriff. It's ridiculously hard for SK to win.
videogamecin

Re: Serial Killer buff (Sheriff result)

Postby dolphina » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 am

videogamecin wrote:SK should appear innocent to Sheriff. It's ridiculously hard for SK to win.

SK is probably the easiest NK to win. So... you're kidding, right?
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby videogamecin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:08 am

dolphina wrote:
videogamecin wrote:SK should appear innocent to Sheriff. It's ridiculously hard for SK to win.

No. I'm not kidding. SK is hard. I'd say Arso is the easiest NK.
I don't know if we're playing the same game but I don't see SK winning even 50% of the times.
Town or Mafia gets rid of him easily because Sheriff can find him.
videogamecin

Postby dolphina » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 pm

videogamecin wrote:
dolphina wrote:

No. I'm not kidding. SK is hard. I'd say Arso is the easiest NK.
I don't know if we're playing the same game but I don't see SK winning even 50% of the times.
Town or Mafia gets rid of him easily because Sheriff can find him.

Oh yeah, that role that almost never hits evils. Yeah, Sheriff.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 pm

videogamecin wrote:I don't know if we're playing the same game but I don't see SK winning even 50% of the times.

There are 3 factions (unless you're in All Any, in which case there are more). They can't all win 50% of the time.

Even 30% is pushing it... 20% would be OK. (But every NK currently has less than a 20% winrate.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:53 pm

I actually agree that sk is likely best nk then again I think they are on the same level as arsonist, but the problem with sk they are just a more easily find-able Godfather as of now.

I feel like all nks need to be buffed to an extent.

Then again this is just a sheriff Nerf which I disagree with but I also like the idea of making sk more hidden like arso.
I hope this also applies to ww as ww is really bad rn
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PooperDooperSlooper » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 am

SK being the only neutral role to come up as susp to the sheriff is a little ridiculous, imo. I understand it's due to the 1 KPN of the Serial Killer, but with the meta as it is - it's almost better for SK to stay hidden until it becomes useful for them to kill. Allow the mafia to do all of the hard work while getting some good mafia lynches in, hopefully GF, then carve the majorities until it's more viable to, well, carve into a few victims.
PooperDooperSlooper
Jester
Jester

Postby ScarfVendetta » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 am

PooperDooperSlooper wrote:SK being the only neutral role to come up as susp to the sheriff is a little ridiculous, imo.

Sheriffs can find a Werewolf as suspicious too (on full moon nights). If anything, Arsonist is the oddball for showing as Innocent.

PooperDooperSlooper wrote:I understand it's due to the 1 KPN of the Serial Killer, but with the meta as it is - it's almost better for SK to stay hidden until it becomes useful for them to kill. Allow the mafia to do all of the hard work while getting some good mafia lynches in, hopefully GF, then carve the majorities until it's more viable to, well, carve into a few victims.

Serial Killer is in my opinion the easiest NK to win with in Ranked. The reliable 1 KPN is great for reducing Town's numbers early on in order to give evils majority, and is also important in reducing Mafia's numbers lategame in order to keep the opposing factions balanced.

Your 'stay hidden' strategy doesn't solve the issue of being found by Sheriff (it helps for Investigator), and without your kills it will be near impossible for evils to gain a majority.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby scarfves » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:05 pm

The Serial Killer needs a buff, but this ain't it chief. The Serial Killer in every aspect is overshadowed by the Godfather and Mafia. The Godfather has goons for support, potential allies to back him up, suspicion immunity, and doesn't visit their victim if the Mafioso is still alive, and also doesn't fucking confirm their existance when roleblocked. The Serial Killer needs more going for him in terms of special abilities instead of just a tard "kill your roleblocker and confirm to the town that you exist!". I've seen more werewolf and arsonist wins in ranked because the Serial Killer is soooo pathetic that I've seen more people say to kill them immedately because they rolled SK more than any other NK. I'm currently in the middle of stuff but I'm planning on writing some buff ideas to lacklustre rolls ingame.
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Confectionery » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:50 pm

Easy way to buff Serial Killer, make him attack a random visitor to himself if he doesn't choose a target.
Confectionery
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:08 pm

Confectionery wrote:Easy way to buff Serial Killer, make him attack a random visitor to himself if he doesn't choose a target.

And take away his ability to not attack? Doesn't sound like a buff to me.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Confectionery » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Given that he selects himself, forgot to mention this.
Confectionery
Civilian
Civilian

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 am

What benefit does SK have to attack a visitor over just regular killing?
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 am

PooperDooperSlooper wrote:SK being the only neutral role to come up as susp to the sheriff is a little ridiculous, imo. I understand it's due to the 1 KPN of the Serial Killer, but with the meta as it is - it's almost better for SK to stay hidden until it becomes useful for them to kill. Allow the mafia to do all of the hard work while getting some good mafia lynches in, hopefully GF, then carve the majorities until it's more viable to, well, carve into a few victims.

Imagine doing the silent SK strat. Yeah, that only works with ranked practice and low elo. Your win chance as SK basically doubles if you attack every night (assuming you dont misattack a lot and accidentally kill mafia/NE N1, etc). If mafia and SK both get independent town kills for 2 nights, thats 4 townies dead. Even if a mafia member is lynched D2, its technically evil majority (5v3v1v1). The main problem with SK (imo) is being jailed early game while TPs are still alive. If the TP slot is BG, you're dead. If the TP slot is doc, you'll be extremely suspicious of being the SK and will most likely get lynched the next day if your claim is weak. Imo, SK should have an option to choose whether or not to attack a jailor from jail.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 am

I tried the silent SK strategy once. The town was convinced they were dealing with an Arsonist, so they lynched down to four remaining players: a Jailor, a Mayor, and two Doctors who had been confirmed by an Investigator.

The Jailor jailed me, and just spent the entire night chat moaning about how the Arsonist was going to kill everyone and he had no idea who it was.

...then my "counterattack the Jailor" ability went off, and the Jailor realized I was the last evil.

Really fun game, but I still lost.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas