Framer - Mafia Deception (Buff)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Framer - Mafia Deception (Buff)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:28 pm

Framer
Mafia Deception

Ability
Each night, you may select a player to frame and a player to focus.

Attributes
  • The framed target will appear as Suspicious to the Sheriff and as evil to the Psychic.
  • The investigation results of the framed will be that of the focused player.
  • If the framed player is tracked, they will be seen visiting who the focused visits.
  • If the focused is seen visiting by the Lookout, they will instead see the framed player (all other visits will be seen normally)
  • Spies will see both visits.

Other Information
I think that this is a strong contender for what the Framer should be as it can frame a target as any role depending on what the situation requires as well as affecting all current town investigative roles. Also I think it's the simplest that it could be without losing utility as a consequence.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Framer - Mafia Deception (Buff)

Postby dolphina » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:14 am

You could use this to mislynch a player after a tracker tracks the framed target and the focus target is the Mafioso/gf and I think it's good so

/support
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 am

This role helps mafia cover up their actions and also tricks investigatives. Much better buff.

/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:01 am

dolphina wrote:You could use this to mislynch a player after a tracker tracks the framed target and the focus target is the Mafioso/gf and I think it's good so

/support

Indeed, you can also use it to frame someone as a blackmailer/consort etc if need be so it is adaptable to many circumstances.

cob709 wrote:This role helps mafia cover up their actions and also tricks investigatives. Much better buff.

/support

The only role that covers up an action of a mafia would be the Lookout, this also makes Lookout less powerful in the case of mafioso being caught and then claiming they're framed. Trackers/Sheriffs/Investigator/Psychic if they end up checking the focused player, will see their actual results so it isn't a result transport in a sense. This way you don't make it too powerful and making a mafia show as inno to keep that to the godfathers perk.

---

The devs are trying to make the role a type that makes a mafia show as innocent. But what good does that do in a game without sheriff/investigators? It's situational and is completely useless in the case that they don't roll. This is the better change imo.

Thanks for the support you two :D
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby dolphina » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
dolphina wrote:You could use this to mislynch a player after a tracker tracks the framed target and the focus target is the Mafioso/gf and I think it's good so

/support

Indeed, you can also use it to frame someone as a blackmailer/consort etc if need be so it is adaptable to many circumstances.

cob709 wrote:This role helps mafia cover up their actions and also tricks investigatives. Much better buff.

/support

The only role that covers up an action of a mafia would be the Lookout, this also makes Lookout less powerful in the case of mafioso being caught and then claiming they're framed. Trackers/Sheriffs/Investigator/Psychic if they end up checking the focused player, will see their actual results so it isn't a result transport in a sense. This way you don't make it too powerful and making a mafia show as inno to keep that to the godfathers perk.

---

The devs are trying to make the role a type that makes a mafia show as innocent. But what good does that do in a game without sheriff/investigators? It's situational and is completely useless in the case that they don't roll. This is the better change imo.

Thanks for the support you two :D

No problem, I will support what I think is good on the internet any day

Real life is a whole other can of worms
Let’s just say no matter how hard you try, I will not go to a protest about anything I like because there are too many people
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Robbytherobot » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:27 am

This is a great buff imo, rn framer is seen through very easily and is very under-powered but less so than forger, I support this.
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:30 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:[*] Spies will see both visits.[/list]

So it would see the framed and focused player?

I think framer should be immune to spy honestly, but I also think spy needs a rework
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Storyfaerie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 pm

I completely /support this! This is just the kind of buff Framer needs.
Storyfaerie

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:45 pm

You literally copied this from Dragonclaw's idea on the Testing Grounds. You didn't even try to hide the fact that you stole this idea

Your post -
If the framed player is tracked, they will be seen visiting who the focused visits.
If the focused is seen visiting by the Lookout, they will instead see the framed player (all other visits will be seen normally)

OG from 2017, implemented to TG -
- If your framed target is tracked by a Tracker, they will appear to visit your focused target.
- If your focused target is watched by a Lookout, it will appear as if they were visited by the framed player.

Notice how similar they are. What a pathetic fucking loser you are for doing this.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:25 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:Notice how similar they are. What a pathetic fucking loser you are for doing this.

Similar, but not identical. In particular, the "Lookout" and "Spy" sections are meaningfully different.

That's sufficient to make this an attempt to improve upon DragonClaw's idea, rather than a straight copy.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MacReturned » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Yeah, Framer has been trashy (forgive my language O_O) and this would be really an improvement

/support
Spoiler:
YOU CALL THIS RESISTING ARREST? WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 pm

MacReturned wrote:Yeah, Framer has been trashy (forgive my language O_O) and this would be really an improvement

/support

Which do you prefer - this, or DragonClaw's older Framer rework?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:36 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:You literally copied this from Dragonclaw's idea on the Testing Grounds. You didn't even try to hide the fact that you stole this idea

Your post -
If the framed player is tracked, they will be seen visiting who the focused visits.
If the focused is seen visiting by the Lookout, they will instead see the framed player (all other visits will be seen normally)

OG from 2017, implemented to TG -
- If your framed target is tracked by a Tracker, they will appear to visit your focused target.
- If your focused target is watched by a Lookout, it will appear as if they were visited by the framed player.

Notice how similar they are. What a pathetic fucking loser you are for doing this.

Been through this already with lemonader, didn't copy at all just ended similar. Seeya
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 pm

There are differences compared to the DragonClaw regardless

1. The Investigator shows the results of the focused, where the DragonClaw just shows the current Framer results.
2. Sheriff will show the results of the focused, where the DragonClaw just shows as Mafia.
3. If a Lookout catches the focused target, they will instead see the framed. Whereas DragonClaws I think is if they see the focused? Wording is weird on that post there
4. Spies will see both visits.
5. I forgot Trapper lel but if I would change this role it would see the framed role show as the focused.

It's meaningfully different even if I did copy the role, but I didn't.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas