Diguiser Overhaul + Vigilante change

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Diguiser Overhaul + Vigilante change

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:39 am

Disguiser (Mafia Deception)
Attack: None / Defence: None
Abilites:
During the night you may select a player changing how they die to your choice, you can do this two times successfully. (If it fails it will not count).
During the night you may select another member of the mafia choosing what role they will show up as if they are killed or lynched the next day, you can do this two times successfully. (If it fails it will not count).
Attributes:
You talk with the other Mafia at night.
You will become the mafioso if no other capable members are left.
-UNIQUE (currently)

Vigilante (Town Killing)
Attack: Basic / Defence: None
Abilites:
During the night you may shoot a player, you may do this twice.
Attributes:
If you kill town and have a bullet left you'll throw it away out of guilt.

why?
in short t it allows disguiser to disguise their own mafia (limited of course) and nerfs "the reason why someone was killed" of course they can just change mafia kills but they can also go for more risky plays like changing a nk/vig kill into a mafia one, also letting a mafia kill to seem like a Vigilantes, this also may still be "suspicious" because no players died to mafia that night they might be looking for immunes ect. This gives disguiser way more of a use in the meta game currently being one of the worst mafia roles

Why vigilante?
Vigilante is a very fun role and feels pretty balanced to me my main gripe with it is that he can carry real hard or punish towns real hard I wanted to reduce the swing factor without making the role insanely useless.

Comment on how bad my ideas are I'd really want to see your input though on how you'd personally go about changing the roles, if I like your idea more then mine then I might even change it, be constructive with how you present yourself, this isn't meant to be a flame war or meant to be a negative thing as a community we need to work together to make roles like Framer, disguiser and forger fun to play and balanced.

Change Log: 1.01
Spoiler: -Disguiser rework currently has been changed to be unique.
Last edited by Soulshade55r on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Re: Diguiser Overhaul + Vigilante change

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:55 am

What's the point of changing the way a person dies, if there's no mafia kill, whatever other kill happens is probably Disguised. This is situational and I don't support situational abilities
The other one is fine I guess, but only for one shot. The disguise should not be able to disguise two people, since they could likely just disguise someone and then themself to hide the existance of a disguiser.

Vigilante change is a full support from me
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Diguiser Overhaul + Vigilante change

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:10 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:What's the point of changing the way a person dies, if there's no mafia kill, whatever other kill happens is probably Disguised. This is situational and I don't support situational abilities
The other one is fine I guess, but only for one shot. The disguise should not be able to disguise two people, since they could likely just disguise someone and then themself to hide the existance of a disguiser.

Vigilante change is a full support from me

Changing the way someone dies can be used on roles other then mafia of course you'd have to predict that and use your wit around it, also mafia may choose not to kill or be jailed/rb'd (Ect.) changing someones kill to look like a mafia may come in use. Also changing a kill to a Vigilante, Veteran ect. May lead to them thinking nk was attacked depending on the kill it has quite a lot of uses but I'll admit that it may be somewhat flawed in certain situations and isn't always reliable, I was thinking of making it unique (Normally not a great thing to do to roles) but I think it would work fine for a mafia role, self disguises aren't a thing in this "idea" aswell.

I feel like faking kill messages has some sort of use if used correctly, problem is players might adapt but they will also be able to be suspicious of Vigilantes/Veterans who killed town with no mafia kills making them less conformable.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

This is a really f*cking great idea

Postby dolphina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:26 am

/support

This is what we needed. Low power = low stakes.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Re: This is a really f*cking great idea

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:27 am

dolphina wrote:/support

This is what we needed. Low power = low stakes.

Lower power I still think vigi has potential to save games they just have to think about their shots more this also doesn't stress new players or players who don't know what they are doing with the role.

I'm assuming you mean vigi anyway.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas