Guardian Angel to Survivor, Executioner to Jester

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Guardian Angel to Survivor, Executioner to Jester

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:29 pm

As an executioner, you gotta lynch your target to win right? Well if your target dies at night then you become a jester and have to get lynched instead. Okay yeah, makes sense. But is that really right? The executioner fails their first objective and then immediately gets a new one to complete instead of losing. It's also pretty boring playing as either of these roles because you don't actually get an ability. If you supposedly win as an executioner, then you can just sit there and do nothing. After you get lynched, you can also sit there and do nothing. How do you add spicy to these two roles?

GA protects a randomly assigned target. If they fail, they become a survivor without an ability. So once again just getting a new objective instead of losing. Kinda sucks. Are we like- just fine with this or do we want better objectives for these roles?
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Guardian Angel to Survivor, Executioner to Jester

Postby dolphina » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:15 pm

We're fine with this
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 pm

ok
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:30 pm

It isn't nice that these roles get a new goal when they fail their first one, but the alternative is worse. We really don't want roles hanging around that have a literally impossible goal but are still alive somehow.

So the options are either transform the player into something else when their target dies, or kill them immediately like they're Lovers or something. (Or rework the roles to have goals that they can't survive failing.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JakeTheSnake5963 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm

Personally executioner is one of my favourite roles, and the conversion is very fair to me. Many games my target will die N1 or N2 (something I can't control) so the jester conversion at least makes the role more fun when your target dies uncontrollably. Also an exe who wins can act as an extra voter for evils, and I like it when I get to be that deciding vote to determine what faction wins (you can make players say the funniest things in the hopes that they will win your vote).
I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn't even matter.
JakeTheSnake5963
Executioner
Executioner

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 pm

I love playing executioner.
There was this player that named himself "lawyer" and said to whisper him if we want to lynch someone
So he lynched my target for me lmao
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Role Ideas