Framer(Buff)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Framer(Buff)

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 pm

The framer is an incredibly under powered role, since the Hex Master is literally a framer but permanent. So here's a buff that makes it important.

- Framer should keep its original abilities.
- Framer has the additional abilities:
Framer may visit Mafia players
Framed Mafia members will not appear suspicious to sheriff.
This ability does not consume charges.

This gives the framer the option to protect the mafia from TI or trick the TI into lynching other players

JacksonVirgo wrote:Framer shouldn't make a mafia member show as innocent, that should be Godfather's perk only. Instead of that how about you may select a player to frame and a player to focus. If a LO/Tracker checks the framed player they actually see them visit what the focused did instead of their normal action.

Framed X, focus Y. Y is mafioso doing the kill. Tracker sees X visit the kill target.
Framed X, focus Y. Y is mafioso doing the kill. Lookout sees X visit the kill instead of Y but ALL other visits will be seen normally

That adds the Lookout/Tracker to the framers abilities.

Edit:

Sheriff - Sees the framed target as Suspicious.
Investigator - Sees the framed target as Framer's result.
Psychic - Will have the chance to have the framed target in the evil visions.
Lookout - Can force the LO to see the framed players visit instead of the killer.
Tracker - Can trick the tracker into seeing the kill target instead of their normal action
Spy - Focused players can be seen as visited by the mafia, may visit Mafia with this action to fool Spy.

That seems to be all of the TI roles and it should work for all of them in a lot of scenarios

Edit 2:
Maybe Investigator should see the result of the focused player for more options
Last edited by cob709 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Framer(Buff)

Postby JakeTheSnake5963 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:06 pm

/support

I believe something like this is already in the works, but I am not entirely sure. I like these ideas a lot regardless.
I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn't even matter.
JakeTheSnake5963
Executioner
Executioner

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:36 pm

oh hello there generic framer rework #135225584

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby dolphina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:27 am

Eh who cares lemon kfc boy

/support
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:47 pm

Framer needs a way to trick all Ti roles not anti frames (limited might be fine but obviously they won't frame and just spam anti framing)

Already plently of reworks that fix a way for framer to trick spies and Lookouts
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby videogamecin » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:16 pm

What about this?:
Framer has 2 (or 1) chance(s) to use their framing ability in a single game. When they use it, they mess up all the Sheriff results of that night -- the Townie(s) who are interrogated will appear evil to the Sheriff(s) and the evils will appear good. So Framer won't target any specific person but will have a limited ability to mess up all the results in a night.
videogamecin

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:48 pm

The problem with this rework is that it only affects one additional TI role: the Spy. The key to making a good Framer rework is to have it mess with every TI role.

I'm certain someone has previously posted a Framer rework that meets that standard, but I can't seem to find it right now.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CrimsonKatana » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Oh nawwwwwwwwwwww not about this grind cuh
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:13 am

Framer shouldn't make a mafia member show as innocent, that should be Godfather's perk only. Instead of that how about you may select a player to frame and a player to focus. If a LO/Tracker checks the framed player they actually see them visit what the focused did instead of their normal action.

Framed X, focus Y. Y is mafioso doing the kill. Tracker sees X visit the kill target.
Framed X, focus Y. Y is mafioso doing the kill. Lookout sees X visit the kill instead of Y but ALL other visits will be seen normally

Edit:

Lookout - Can force the LO to see the framed players visit instead of the killer.
Tracker - Can trick the tracker into seeing the kill target instead of their normal action
Spy - Focused players can be seen as visited by the mafia, may visit Mafia with this action to fool Spy.

That seems to be all of the TI roles and it should work for all of them in a lot of scenarios

Edit 2:
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby cob709 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:32 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:Framer shouldn't make a mafia member show as innocent, that should be Godfather's perk only. Instead of that how about you may select a player to frame and a player to focus. If a LO/Tracker checks the framed player they actually see them visit what the focused did instead of their normal action.

Edit:

Edit 2:

I like this idea! It basically swaps the names of Target 1(mafia) with Target 2(townie).
You should make a post on the Role Ideas thread.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:22 am

Edit:

Edit 2:

This is good, but why the "Focused" mechanic? I think it would work just fine to have the "Focused" player always be the Mafia member performing the kill, instead of giving the Framer a choice of who to focus. That way the Framer remains a single-target role.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 am

Brilliand wrote:--trimmed
This is good, but why the "Focused" mechanic? I think it would work just fine to have the "Focused" player always be the Mafia member performing the kill, instead of giving the Framer a choice of who to focus. That way the Framer remains a single-target role.

The focused mechanic is to give the Framer more utility in different circumstances. For example, framing someone as a blackmailer/consort.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 am

cob709 wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:--trimmed

I like this idea! It basically swaps the names of Target 1(mafia) with Target 2(townie).
You should make a post on the Role Ideas thread.

We can just keep the discussion in here, saves there being a shit tonne of threads about the same topic. I will be however revising my old mafia balancing to take into consideration a lot I've learned about balance over the past year so maybe you'll see it there.

Though I think that rework is the best we're gonna get without reworking the entire role and I think it works fine tbh
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RapGod2000 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:53 pm

This a really good idea, I hate getting Framer generally, especially if their is a Spy but this could be very useful.
RapGod2000

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:10 pm

RapGod2000 wrote:This a really good idea

Which idea?

Right now there are two completely different ideas in the OP.

Maybe that should be fixed, but on the other hand I kinda like that people like RapGod who make useless comments don't even make sense when they post here.

JacksonVirgo wrote:We can just keep the discussion in here, saves there being a shit tonne of threads about the same topic.

RapGod just demonstrated one problem with doing it this way. Another problem is that when recommending your idea to the devs, we can't just link to the thread; we would have to quote your idea in its entirety (unless your idea gets its very own thread).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Brilliand wrote:
RapGod2000 wrote:This a really good idea

Which idea?

Right now there are two completely different ideas in the OP.

Maybe that should be fixed, but on the other hand I kinda like that people like RapGod who make useless comments don't even make sense when they post here.

JacksonVirgo wrote:We can just keep the discussion in here, saves there being a shit tonne of threads about the same topic.

RapGod just demonstrated one problem with doing it this way. Another problem is that when recommending your idea to the devs, we can't just link to the thread; we would have to quote your idea in its entirety (unless your idea gets its very own thread).

So you're thinking it's probably good to make a new thread for my idea?
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:19 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:So you're thinking it's probably good to make a new thread for my idea?

Yes.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas