Forger+Blackmailer Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Your thoughts?

Wouldn't hurt to test
50%
Seems fine but needs work
No votes
Might not be the right direction to go (Feedback if possible)
50%

Total votes : 2

Forger+Blackmailer Rework

Postby NightTwoMedium » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:51 am

I wish that you can give me at least some feedback as to why it won't work or if you think it's good

My Changes:

Vision:
Right now the Blackmailer seems to be bad, I mean it's not as bad as some other roles and it has it uses but you're using the Blackmailer for their Read Whispers ability itself and not the actual Blackmail ability and thus is a bit sad, I think the point for the Blackmailer is to prevent confirmed townies from leading the Town or prevent TI from sharing info, which doesn't solve it completely since the info can still be leaked through other sources (Unless the player is a Medium or a Jailor in which case the powerful roleblock by the Consort does not matter) and the Consort does it better. Forger is for confirmed townies that have already revealed their role which I think was the original vision of the Forger while Janitor is for the unconfirmed people and possibly TI if needed however Forger fails at this due to lack of information without Consigliere and is mostly countered by Spy, Medium, and the Retributionist while this proposed rework does not fix the interactions with the said roles that counter this, it isn't completely useless/countered

Name:
Forger (Optional name: Intimidator, a guy that forces their hostage to keep quiet and follow their instructions {In this case the hostage must leave behind the Last WIll given by their Intimidator}

Alignment: Mafia Deception

Abilities:

-During the Night, you may blackmail someone preventing them from speaking during the Day, you will also be able to forge their Last Will during the Day (There will be a second button to the right of their name on the player list)

Attributes:

-You may only perform your ability 5 times throughout the game and If your blackmailed target dies, their Last Will is replaced with your forgery.
-The forged Last Will lasts permanently and can be edited by blackmailing the target again
-You are able to read private messages
-If there are no kill-capable Mafia roles left you will become a Mafioso.
-You can talk with the other Mafia at night.

Mechanics:

-Forger mechanics and Blackmailer mechanics
-If your target dies the night you blackmail them, their will is simply "erased"
-If two Forgers target the same person at the same night , the game will give priority to the player (Forger) that joins the pre-game lobby first
-If a Necromancer uses a dead Forger, they will blackmail the Necromancer's second target and have their last written will replace the will of the Necromancer's second target unless the target dies the same night that they were blackmailed in which case the will is erased

Extra:

-The win cons and etc stay the same
-The Forger's investigator results are now: Spy/Forger/Jailor/Guardian Angel although it would be fine if the Forger still has their current investigator results.
-(Optional change) If the Lookout seems to be always confirmed if given the "would be" invest result Lookout or Witch/Coven Leader I would suggest adding Tracker and Plaguebearer as well so it would be Lookout/Tracker/(Witch/Coven Leader)/Plaguebearer

FAQ probably:

Blackmailer is in a decent spot, there is no reason why they should get changed at the moment

Answer: I can agree Blackmailer is in a decent spot, but their ability only temporarily fixes the information leak and it feels like they are in a Spy situation where the attribute is the one that most people rely on instead of the actual ability (Which I don't want since it acts like a Mafia Aligned Survivor for the most part if you're relying on whisper info since it can be more beneficial at some situations), I want it to be at least slightly behind or on par as Consort's powerful roleblock so that more players get more value and feel more keen to use the blackmail ability

I mean, I don't see a purpose in combining the roles. Instead I'd rather have Forger as a standalone stronger role, as Town is already too strong.

Answer: Forger is an odd spot of being a discount Janitor, if buffed they are still countered by claiming with a will and is somewhat weak after all TI is dead (Though some roles are decent to forge) and can still be overshadowed by Janitor. Forger can benefit from the blackmailer's ability and whisper read and Blackmailer gains more utility and is more keen to blackmail someone by gaining more value from it which is why I've decided to combine them

How does this rework fix the Janitor vs Forger situation?

Answer: This rework sets the Forger on their own path away from the Janitor, I want it so that when people question what's the Forger's use for the Mafia they will see the Forger in it's own spotlight as the one that deals with confirmed townies while Janitor is the one that deals with unconfirmed townies
NightTwoMedium

Return to Role Ideas