Brute: Town(Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Is this role balanced?

Yes! This was well made.
No votes
Maybe, needs some adjustments.
80%
No. This is trash, scrap the idea and move on.
20%

Total votes : 5

Brute: Town(Killing)

Postby cob709 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Role Name:
Brute

Role Alignment:
Town(Killing)

Abilities:
- You may choose to kill a player at night.

Attributes:
- You will die the night you attack a player.

Notifications:
[Brute]: You have decided to take down [Player].
[Brute]: You died in your attack against [Player].
[Player]: You were assaulted by a Brute!

Goal:
Lynch all criminals and Evildoers

Win Conditions:
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Witches
You win with the Town
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else.

Special Attributes:
Attack: Powerful
Defense: Basic

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is not suspisous.
Investigator - WIP
Consigliere - Your target will fight to the death, they must be a Brute!

Achievements:
- WIP

Additional Information:
- The Brute, unlike the Bodyguard, cannot be healed, This is compensated through allowing them to choose who they attack. The Brute is somewhat like the vigilante, but they will die in their attack despite their target being evil or not.
- This might need a lot of balancing..
- Edit 1(8/11/2020, 10:00 PM MST): Brute has been given Basic defense to buff it a little

Lore:
- "You are a gladiator that will fight to the death."
Last edited by cob709 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Brute: Town(Killing)

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Cool Suicide Bomber but it's way too weak

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby cob709 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:56 pm

lemonader666 wrote:it's way too weak

Any suggestions on how I could buff it? if I allow it to somehow survive, then that would be way too powerful.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:59 pm

cob709 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:it's way too weak

Any suggestions on how I could buff it? if I allow it to somehow survive, then that would be way too powerful.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ide_Bomber
Not really, it's concept can't be "balanced", like Ret.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby cob709 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 pm

lemonader666 wrote:Not really, it's concept can't be "balanced"

I've buffed the Brute by giving it basic defense, this should be quite helpful to town.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:11 pm

cob709 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:Not really, it's concept can't be "balanced"

I've buffed the Brute by giving it basic defense, this should be quite helpful to town.

So it's just a 1-shot silver bullet vig or does it still die when it kills someone? And why aren't you quoting my entire post?

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby cob709 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:14 pm

lemonader666 wrote:So it's just a 1-shot silver bullet vig or does it still die when it kills someone? And why aren't you quoting my entire post?

So basically this role can be a clutch late game because it can kill evils with basic defense and save the town. Yes, it will die if it attacks anyone.
And I'm not quoting your entire message because I feel like it's kinda unnecessary.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:42 pm

cob709 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:So it's just a 1-shot silver bullet vig or does it still die when it kills someone? And why aren't you quoting my entire post?

So basically this role can be a clutch late game because it can kill evils with basic defense and save the town. Yes, it will die if it attacks anyone.
And I'm not quoting your entire message because I feel like it's kinda unnecessary.

This is very easy to abuse, as giving a town member night immunity makes it, well, unkillable. It's one of the forbidden concepts when making roles, the stickies(in RI and TG) can help you with that, I've dealt with roles like this way too much.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:11 am

I actually made a role idea like this before lol.

Perma defence makes it worse tbh, most players would just stay Immune for ever. Nothing can really be done to make it's ability actually useful outside bypassing immunes, which vigilante would likely just out.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby dolphina » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:40 pm

I'm not trying to be rude, but suicide bombers are just bad ideas.

We already have a perfectly fine TK, Vigilante. Suicide bombers are just worse Vigilantes. Extra defense and buffed power does not make it better. This role looks at Town Killing's established style and goes, "That's stupid." Then it flips over the table when Vigilantes find you suspicious for having defense. The whole point of Town of Salem is an uninformed majority vs an informed minority. There's a time limit, since if Mafia kills too much of Town, Town loses. If a Townie gains defense, it undermines the entire point of Town: (usually) easily killable, uninformed majority. The only exceptions to this are: A. TPs protecting a Townie. B. Veteran on alert. C. TPs self-protecting. D. GA protects. Otherwise, you should NEVER have a Townie with defense.

If I voted in the poll above, I would say this is a bad idea. Scrap it and move on. Try to read the sticky thoroughly, instead of just haphazardly throwing together a role idea. Try to spend time on your role ideas, because I feel most of the time you spent making these role ideas are just making the sheet in the first place. Try to remember actual Town of Salem games. Imagine how your role would fit into the gameplay. If it makes the gameplay too unbalanced, like Retributionist, scrap it! It's a bad idea that will only make people mad. Can you play the role without having to think? Scrap it! You need to put forth all your effort into this game. Making bad role ideas IS NOT THE ANSWER.

I would suggest instead of pumping out role ideas, just think for a while about one role idea. You need to pour a lot of thought into it. If the idea itself is bad, scrap it! Move on to something else. Until then, I will not provide criticism on your role ideas. It simply isn't worth my energy.

Tl;DR: /nosupport
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby JakeTheSnake5963 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Although I don't want to shoot this down, historically roles with one usage are not always well received. Their largest issue is that (just like retri) once the single usage is used up, the role becomes useless. I think that this was a good first suggestion and that you shouldn't just give up on making role ideas, but this one isn't the one. For your next one, try to think of an idea that can be used more than once if it can only be used a limited number of times. Honestly I think this was at least a somewhat decent idea (although with fatal flaws) so don't take the criticism too heavily.
I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn't even matter.
JakeTheSnake5963
Executioner
Executioner

Postby dolphina » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:30 pm

dolphina wrote:I'm not trying to be rude, but suicide bombers are just bad ideas.

We already have a perfectly fine TK, Vigilante. Suicide bombers are just worse Vigilantes. Extra defense and buffed power does not make it better. This role looks at Town Killing's established style and goes, "That's stupid." Then it flips over the table when Vigilantes find you suspicious for having defense. The whole point of Town of Salem is an uninformed majority vs an informed minority. There's a time limit, since if Mafia kills too much of Town, Town loses. If a Townie gains defense, it undermines the entire point of Town: (usually) easily killable, uninformed majority. The only exceptions to this are: A. TPs protecting a Townie. B. Veteran on alert. C. TPs self-protecting. D. GA protects. Otherwise, you should NEVER have a Townie with defense.

If I voted in the poll above, I would say this is a bad idea. Scrap it and move on. Try to read the sticky thoroughly, instead of just haphazardly throwing together a role idea. Try to spend time on your role ideas, because I feel most of the time you spent making these role ideas are just making the sheet in the first place. Try to remember actual Town of Salem games. Imagine how your role would fit into the gameplay. If it makes the gameplay too unbalanced, like Retributionist, scrap it! It's a bad idea that will only make people mad. Can you play the role without having to think? Scrap it! You need to put forth all your effort into this game. Making bad role ideas IS NOT THE ANSWER.

I would suggest instead of pumping out role ideas, just think for a while about one role idea. You need to pour a lot of thought into it. If the idea itself is bad, scrap it! Move on to something else. Until then, I will not provide criticism on your role ideas. It simply isn't worth my energy.

Tl;DR: /nosupport

I'm really fking sorry if I seem rude here, I was steaming off a little energy
I still agree with these points, just less mad
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby cob709 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:26 pm

all good, I appreciate the feedback
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Role Ideas