Disguiser Rework - a good role finally

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Disguiser Rework - a good role finally

Postby shlomopoco » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:20 am

Role Name: disguiser

Role Alignment: Mafia deception

Abilities:
- Disguise as someone peramently.

Attributes:
- You will appear as that role in death, investigative results, etc.
- You cannot change your disguise once you have disguised.
- You have 3 fake visits that does nothing.

Goal: Kill anyone who doesn't submit to the Mafia.

Win Conditions: mafia you know

Additional Information: You can choose a dead player to get their role, at your own risk of course, as it is probably will be an obvious disguise. This is basicly a playable and VERY good mafia role, if not a bit over powered, but a bit and not much. Maybe the fake visits shouldn't be a thing but it makes sense, able to confuse some LOs and spies.

This is the change that the role needed, as now he can finally fake their will and get a nice deception.
shlomopoco
Jester
Jester

Re: Disguiser Rework - a good role finally

Postby Brilliand » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:32 pm

No, there have been much better Disguiser reworks proposed in the past. I think the contenders for best are:

• You can choose the role you want to appear as from a menu (you don't need to find a matching player), and you have unlimited fake visits. Your disguise lasts until you change it.
  • Each night, you can visit a player of your choice (even yourself or another Mafia member), and pick a role to disguise them as from a menu. Disguises last for a night and a day.

One underpowered proposal, and one overpowered proposal. (I got both of those from this subforum, though I'm not going searching for the threads right now.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas