War, Horseman of the Apocalypse (Neutral Chaotic) Redone

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

War, Horseman of the Apocalypse (Neutral Chaotic) Redone

Postby SomberingSoul » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Role Name:
The Menace

Role Alignment:
Neutral (Chaotic)

Abilities:
- You pick one player and send a bloodletter to them each night, revealing or causing misconceptions with the information you know. You mark the player and learn their role. Investigative roles will see different results.
- If you decide to send bloodletters to someone else, you will blackmail the previous player, and they will know it was the Menace.

Attributes:
- Marked players show different results.
- Players will not know when they have been marked.
- You have Basic Defense.

Notifications:
You have sent a bloodletter to [Player name].

Goal:
On the same night or day after the player you sent a bloodletter to dies, you transform.

Role Name:
War, Horseman of the Apocalypse

Role Alignment:
Neutral (Chaotic)

Abilities:
- During Night you can deal a Powerful attack to all marked players by staying at home. The marks will stay after attacks.

Attributes:
- Your bloodlust grows, you gain astral when visiting the first and second player and you will leave a marking at both places.
- You have Invincible Defense.

Goal:
Kill those who would oppose you.

Special Attributes:
Unique Role

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator - Your target could be a Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, Crusader or Marked.
Consigliere - Your target is marked. They are the Menace.
SomberingSoul

Re: War, Horseman of the Apocalypse (Neutral Chaotic) Redone

Postby Brilliand » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:31 am

I disagree that these roles should have been rolled up into one thread, but I agree that the "redone" versions shouldn't have gotten separate threads.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SomberingSoul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:29 pm

The first thing I did was go to delete the threads and make new ones, but I couldn't find the delete button.
SomberingSoul

Postby Brilliand » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Kirize12 wrote:If you start adding more horsemen, you have to add basically all the horsemen.

But if we start adding more horsemen, that doesn't mean we have to add these specific Horseman. Each of the Horsemen have been proposed several times in the past; at this point it's perfectly fine for someone to propose "add my War, and someone else's Death and Famine from previous threads". (Or to post the role in isolation and not indicate which other roles it should be paired with, as this guy has done.)

Kirize12 wrote:Right now pestilence is an anomaly, if we added war then questions will be raised as to why death and famine don't exist.

Questions are already being raised as to why war, death and famine don't exist. This wouldn't be different.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Crona111 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:17 am

SomberingSoul wrote:Role Name:
The Menace

Role Alignment:
Neutral (Chaotic)

Abilities:
- You pick one player and send a bloodletter to them each night, revealing or causing misconceptions with the information you know. You mark the player and learn their role. Investigative roles will see different results.
- If you decide to send bloodletters to someone else, you will blackmail the previous player, and they will know it was the Menace.

Attributes:
- Marked players show different results.
- Players will not know when they have been marked.
- You have Basic Defense.

Notifications:
You have sent a bloodletter to [Player name].

Goal:
On the same night or day after the player you sent a bloodletter to dies, you transform.

Role Name:
War, Horseman of the Apocalypse

Role Alignment:
Neutral (Chaotic)

Abilities:
- During Night you can deal a Powerful attack to all marked players by staying at home. The marks will stay after attacks.

Attributes:
- Your bloodlust grows, you gain astral when visiting the first and second player and you will leave a marking at both places.
- You have Invincible Defense.

Goal:
Kill those who would oppose you.

Special Attributes:
Unique Role

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator - Your target could be a Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, Crusader or Marked.
Consigliere - Your target is marked. They are the Menace.

Now beside the fact that this role seems underwhelming compared to the already existing Pestilence, but Pestilence had the theme of infecting the town like any Pestilence would. This has nothing to do with war, which makes the role weird to play or even understand
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
Crona111
Witch
Witch

Return to Role Ideas