Actor (TS)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Actor (TS)

Postby PikamanUltra » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:12 am

Actor (Town Support)
Attack: None
Defence: None
Non-Unique
Summary: A talented playwright who has mastered the art of impersonation
Abilities: Choose a player to act each night.
Attributes: You will appear as the role of your target in investigation results
If you die you will appear as your target’s role.
Other actors will know your true role if you die.
Investigation results
Sheriff: You can not find any evidence of wrongdoing, your target seems to be innocent.
Investigator: Your target could be a doctor, disguiser, serial killer, potions master or actor!
Consigliere: Your target impersonates personas for a living, they must be an actor.
Goal: Lynch every criminal and evil-doer.
Check out my role ideas lol,
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

Btw they're not all town lol
I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Re: Actor (TS)

Postby ElderSivart » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 pm

So a town-sided disguiser?

I don't see why a townie who rolls this role would ever use its action, it feels counter to the goal of town (gathering accurate information to figure out who the non-town are).
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:06 pm

ElderSivart wrote:So a town-sided disguiser?

I don't see why a townie who rolls this role would ever use its action, it feels counter to the goal of town (gathering accurate information to figure out who the non-town are).

It's sort of a one-shot Consigliere, which is sort of useful to Town?

I agree that it's not useful enough, though.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PikamanUltra » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 am

I feel like, although it may be kinda situational, it could be used for an actor wrongly accused of being maf, in a game where disguiser is already dead/ruled out, changing your role to a different town might herd suspicion off of you, and also confirm you when you say, im actor, because disg is off the table. Also disg really need a easy role to claim.
Check out my role ideas lol,
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

Btw they're not all town lol
I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Postby ElderSivart » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:17 am

PikamanUltra wrote:I feel like, although it may be kinda situational, it could be used for an actor wrongly accused of being maf, in a game where disguiser is already dead/ruled out, changing your role to a different town might herd suspicion off of you, and also confirm you when you say, im actor, because disg is off the table.

This is super situational and this role ends up being a dead slot if not negative utility in almost any other situation :/
It also requires an investigator to check you twice to confirm you even in the situational case which 1. you might not even have an investigator and 2. that's a lot of time necessary.

Also disg really need a easy role to claim.

I think this is more an issue with the abundance of easily-confirmable Town roles and adding a role with feature parity with the Disguiser doesn't exactly help. The same could be cited for Janitor, Forger, Framer, etc, but you wouldn't want to have a town-Janitor, town-Forger, or town-Framer, as those actions just don't make sense for Town.
--
If I rolled this role I would almost never use its action. It just adds variance to the game and has potential to confuse investigatives and muddle the graveyard, which are both bad for the Town.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Return to Role Ideas