Disguiser Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Disguiser Rework

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:32 pm

Role: Disguiser

Alignment: Mafia (Deception)

Attack: None

Defense: None

Abilities:

- Choose a target to disguise.

Attributes:

- Your target will appear to be the role of the person you disguised them as to an Investigator.

- If your target is killed, they will appear to be the role of the person you disguised them as.

- You may disguise yourself.

- Disguises are permanent.

Investigation Results:

- Sheriff: You could not find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.

- Investigator: Your target could be a Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer or Potion Master.

- Consigliere: Your target pretends to be other people. They must be a Disguiser.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Re: Disguiser Rework

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 pm

is this a good idea or no?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Flarup » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:46 pm

So this disguiser can disguise other players for the investigator and if they die?

It will work a lot like framer unless framer is better vs sheriff and disguiser will work better against investigator. This part i do understand but i think the disguiser we have now will work better most of all because a disguiser will need that the ti in town are investigator and cant do a lot against sheriff. Framer can do something against investigator because they do see jester or framer on that person.

The idea that disguiser can make other dead players look like a other role is a good idea, but there will, will tell the town they are not that role so you need to work with a forger to make this work well. The idea that Disguises are permanent are also good but maybe to broken?
Flarup

Postby Brilliand » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:39 am

This is very similar to some previous proposals; the only difference from those previous proposals is that this one makes the disguises permanent. And... I don' think that's a good change. Being able to disguise any player for one night is strong enough; it doesn't need to be able to guarantee that every one of its night actions produces results.

It does need the ability to mess with what flips after a lynch, though, so I'd go with "disguises last for a night and a day".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas