SK buffs/changes

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

SK buffs/changes

Postby puppy777 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:58 pm

Right now, since night changes to the will are kept, the SK is in a very bad position. Though my favorite role, it is undoubtedly weaker than the other 2 NK's having only a basic attack and no way to attack stealthily (Arso can douse and WW can rampage making sure everyone visiting dies). Becuase of this, escort, jailor, and consort can now easily find out SK thourgh sheer luck, and it doesn't help that sherrif can too, making it very difficult to win a game unless jailor gets killed early, and there are no escorts and consorts, and the SK gets all kills just right. In the end, it still usually becomes SK vs GF + exe which means that the exe can choose what happens. Therefore I propose some changes. One change is to allow the SK to destroy wills, therefore preventing escort, consort, or jailor from revealing who they are (though this can be undone by med). Another possible change is to give SK a toggleable option to attack consorts/escorts/jailors, enabling the SK to get rbed or jailed without killing the rber/jailor, letting the SK go on without getting ousted. Along with these two changes are a proposal that the SK be given, instead of a basic attack, a powerful attack to help coutner the GF/Exe problem, while still letting Doc heal the target successfully. This would also allow the SK to kill survivors (though i don't know why you would), along with werewolves and arso's which are also a bug threat against it, since both can kill the SK while the SK cannot.
If even just one of these changes could be implememnted, it would go a long way to balancing SK, and i would be extremely grateful
thanks!
puppy777
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: SK buffs/changes

Postby Brilliand » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:08 am

puppy777 wrote:Right now, since night changes to the will are kept, the SK is in a very bad position.


What do night changes to the will have to do with it?

puppy777 wrote:Though my favorite role, it is undoubtedly weaker than the other 2 NK's having only a basic attack and no way to attack stealthily (Arso can douse and WW can rampage making sure everyone visiting dies).


SK is the strongest NK because it can kill a townie every single night.

puppy777 wrote:Becuase of this, escort, jailor, and consort can now easily find out SK thourgh sheer luck, and it doesn't help that sherrif can too, making it very difficult to win a game unless jailor gets killed early, and there are no escorts and consorts, and the SK gets all kills just right.


The roleblock counterattack is the main problem with the SK, yes.

The sheriff thing isn't so much a problem, since the sheriff comes with enough weaknesses (getting confused by a Framer, and generally being mistaken for an evil).

puppy777 wrote:One change is to allow the SK to destroy wills, therefore preventing escort, consort, or jailor from revealing who they are (though this can be undone by med). Another possible change is to give SK a toggleable option to attack consorts/escorts/jailors, enabling the SK to get rbed or jailed without killing the rber/jailor, letting the SK go on without getting ousted.


Both reasonable proposals (that have been made before). They do have their downsides:
  • Giving the SK the ability to destroy wills is likely to make will-destruction very common. It might be too much; last wills exist for a reason.
  • A toggleable option makes the UI and the role more complicated. This game tends to shy away from roles with an abundance of selectable powers (though the Potion Master is definitely an exception).

puppy777 wrote:Along with these two changes are a proposal that the SK be given, instead of a basic attack, a powerful attack to help coutner the GF/Exe problem, while still letting Doc heal the target successfully. This would also allow the SK to kill survivors (though i don't know why you would), along with werewolves and arso's which are also a bug threat against it, since both can kill the SK while the SK cannot.


No. The other NKs need to have something they're better at than the SK.

And, remember the Godfather was given Basic defense intentionally, specifically so the SK wouldn't kill him. Giving the SK a Powerful attack would be pretty much the same as taking away the Godfather's defense.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: SK buffs/changes

Postby puppy777 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 am

What do night changes to the will have to do with it?

This means escorts/consorts/jailors do not have the write who they jailed during the day, and jailor can also write claim, so if it's doc ur pretty much screwed
puppy777
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: SK buffs/changes

Postby puppy777 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 am

SK is the strongest NK because it can kill a townie every single night.

Yes, that's true, except that WW and Arso both have mass killing potential, and Arso can douse every night, letting it kill jailor nearly unidentified, and having it be kinda close to kill every night, while WW can do the same, but at the cost of their own life (if BG) or kill the Doc, or kill many people at night in general
puppy777
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: SK buffs/changes

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:56 am

Evils don't need buffs
I'm 1127 elo I vfr from 1-15 too
User avatar
CrimsonKatana
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:25 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: SK buffs/changes

Postby Brilliand » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:59 pm

puppy777 wrote:jailor can also write claim, so if it's doc ur pretty much screwed


So don't claim doc?
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brilliand and 2 guests