Executioner...

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Executioner...

Postby Chrisbenso » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 pm

So executioner is a very fun role to get most of the time. Except when you have a veteran/transporter target. Transporter can confirm themselves d2 by just clicking 2 buttons and veteran may not be as easy still isn't going to be hung if they kill someone. These roles shouldn't be given as executioner targets as they are very easy to confirm and basically make you a jester who was to wait for someone to die before you get hung.
Chrisbenso

Re: Executioner...

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:35 pm

I've been lynched by an Executioner when I was Veteran before. If the Veteran *doesn't* kill any town, then it isn't too hard (and if they do kill town, then that sucks for the town). If the Veteran *does* get confirmed N1, then it's basically guaranteed that the Maf will save them for last and lynch them, so you're safer waiting around for that than you would be with any other role.

Transporter sucks, sure, but there are still some possible plays to make even then. (For example, accuse them of being maf confirmed by maf.)

Executioner is the easiest role overall, we don't need to remove the situations that make it job somewhat hard.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ShylokVakarian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Brilliand wrote:I've been lynched by an Executioner when I was Veteran before. If the Veteran *doesn't* kill any town, then it isn't too hard (and if they do kill town, then that sucks for the town). If the Veteran *does* get confirmed N1, then it's basically guaranteed that the Maf will save them for last and lynch them, so you're safer waiting around for that than you would be with any other role.

Transporter sucks, sure, but there are still some possible plays to make even then. (For example, accuse them of being maf confirmed by maf.)

Executioner is the easiest role overall, we don't need to remove the situations that make it job somewhat hard.

I understand the Vet reason, I really do, but Transporter is way harder to lynch than you think it is. It's very obvious when a Transporter is in play due to how few players use it strategically. That is to say, a Transporter is almost guaranteed to transport people every night, and since the targets get messages, and they usually let chat know, the town knows about the presence of a transporter (and sometimes two or more) by Day 2. This wouldn't be a problem for Exe if people ever tried to bluff their way through being a Transporter, which no one does.

Similar problem occurs with Vampire Hunter. Vampire Hunter is so rare (only appearing naturally in the Vampire gamemode and All Any) that practically no one questions the first Vampire Hunter claim, therefore making it near impossible to lynch.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:58 pm

ShylokVakarian wrote:I understand the Vet reason, I really do, but Transporter is way harder to lynch than you think it is. It's very obvious when a Transporter is in play due to how few players use it strategically. That is to say, a Transporter is almost guaranteed to transport people every night, and since the targets get messages, and they usually let chat know, the town knows about the presence of a transporter (and sometimes two or more) by Day 2. This wouldn't be a problem for Exe if people ever tried to bluff their way through being a Transporter, which no one does.

still not completely impossible, and Transporter is pretty borderline, so there's still a lot of uncertainty as to whether to nerf Transporter into not being overpowered, or enshrine it as one of the "allowed to be overpowered" roles alongside Jailor. Your proposal leans toward the latter.

ShylokVakarian wrote:Similar problem occurs with Vampire Hunter. Vampire Hunter is so rare (only appearing naturally in the Vampire gamemode and All Any) that practically no one questions the first Vampire Hunter claim, therefore making it near impossible to lynch.

I see lots of evils claiming Vampire Hunter in All Any. Obviously you can't do it in DP because the VH can kill its own counterclaims, but in All Any there are plenty of evils that aren't vampires, and even the chance for a vampire to claim VH if there's no real VH.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas