Medium Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Medium Rework

Postby bleakgh » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Medium right now is weak for several key reasons:
- unable to gain information from dead people who leave (since they don't get a leaver penalty if they're dead when they leave)
- being unable to be confirmed outside of very specific circumstances such as additional mediums or a retributionist
- only able to seance once, which is useless unless you talk to a confirmed townie
- is almost always lynched if they claim in a janitor game

The proposed rework aims to remove these massive flaws and also to allow medium to be a viable claim to make whether real or fake:
1: med can now click on cleaned targets to see their roles and wills (if the target was also forged, they will see the forged will)
2: med now know when disguiser dies.
3: med can no longer talk to the dead at night.
4: med can now seance one person at night when alive one living person when dead, and can do this once a day.
bleakgh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Medium Rework

Postby CrimsonKatana » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:18 pm

1 is a pretty good idea but the others are a big NOPE! With 1 it should be unlocked the next night...
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby bleakgh » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:41 pm

Okay but your ranked record says you've played less than 100 ranked games? What qualifications do you actually have?
bleakgh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:44 pm

bleakgh wrote:Okay but your ranked record says you've played less than 100 ranked games? What qualifications do you actually have?

who the fuck gives a shit about ranked games played, i have +1000 but it doenst mean shit. there are people with +10000 and theyre still garbage at balancing this game and people with no games who could make this shithole into a mf paradise. please, you sound like someone who thinks that rank matters in games like DBD or TOS
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby CrimsonKatana » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Yeah this isn't my only account I'm master on multiple others
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby bleakgh » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:47 pm

My god basicfourlife you should change your name to triggeredfourlife calm tf down.
bleakgh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:50 pm

bleakgh wrote:My god basicfourlife you should change your name to triggeredfourlife calm tf down.

how about i dont do that?
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby bleakgh » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Hambone, is that you?
bleakgh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Brilliand » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Feels a little weird to agree with Basic, but yeah demanding ranked time played/rating in the current system triggered me too.

None of the proposed reworks seem particularly harmful to me, but I think they miss what's actually wrong with the Medium. The Medium after these reworks will suck just as much as it does now (and be just as overpowered when there's more than one Medium in the same game).

Also, high-level ranked is precisely the environment where people wouldn't be leaving if high-level ranked were actually filled with skilled players. Even a solo medium can be quite strong if the dead townies stay active. Giving mediums a way to cope with leavers is an improvement to low-skill games, not an improvement to those ideal games where every player is skilled and paying full attention.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas