Werewolf Change

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Re: Werewolf Change

Postby AztexCroxodilePope » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:41 am

thats fair as long as your playing casually

but if you play ranked either:
they need to adjust the elo system so you dont tilt elo despite playing perfectly every game
or adjust the roles so they have closer to equal chance

the first option is probably easier
AztexCroxodilePope
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:26 am

AztexCroxodilePope wrote:they need to adjust the elo system so you dont tilt elo despite playing perfectly every game

I think they already did that; see CrimsonKatana's comment about only losing ELO.

But I would argue that:

Algus wrote:because you aren't supposed to win that game. town of salem is a numbers game and the game starts stacked against you.

...is not a fun game. I can sort of understand the attitude of "the game is what it is, play the game that's been handed to you", but let's be honest, the person that was randomly inserted into the Werewolf role got a raw deal on that particular roll of the dice.

In my opinion, a "numbers game" where you hope the times where the RNG favors you outweigh the times when the RNG shits on you is a miserable thing to play.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Chrisbenso » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Algus wrote:breaking news

nk does not have an equal chance of winning, is not supposed to have an equal chance of winning, and will never have an equal chance of winning

none of them need buffed, play them for fun, if you win great if not, great.

picture this, you just got into the game as mafia or nk

tell yourself right then and there, "i'm not supposed to win this game."

because you aren't supposed to win that game. town of salem is a numbers game and the game starts stacked against you.

you can win that game, but no one is expecting you to win that game; so stop expecting to win that game.

Breaking news, some people would rather win than play a game where town wins every game and maybe the odds arent so heavily against you
Chrisbenso

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Well I can assure you town does not win every single game as I have played many games where evils have won. If you on the other hand lose every single game as evil then what you need to do is focus on getting better.
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ShylokVakarian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:54 pm

CrimsonKatana wrote:It's actually around 4/10 if you play it flawlessly that why I say get good

Wow, I already hate you. You're like those Dark Souls players who are like "How do you NOT know about the perfectly-visible [insert important item for completing the game here] that can be easily found behind three hidden doors and a fire?"
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Previous

Return to Role Ideas