Werewolf Overhaul/Rework(?)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Werewolf Overhaul/Rework(?)

Postby DesertStorm11 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Not entirely sure if this should be called an overhaul or rework, but I'm buffing it, so whatever

Name: Werewolf
Alignment: Neutral Killing

Description: You are a normal citizen that transforms into a bloodthirsty killer every full moon, stopping at nothing to satisfy their hunger.

Statistics:
Unique role
Detection immunity (non-full moon nights)
Attack: Powerful
Defense: Basic

Abilities: Rampage at someone's house each full-moon night.

Attributes:
- When you rampage at someone's house, you will attack them and all of their visitors.
- If your target has no visitors, you will randomly attack another player within two houses of them. This player is chosen randomly, but cannot be yourself, so you will skip over yourself. (For example, if you attack player 7, you could randomly attack player 5, 6, 8, or 9. If players 6 and 9 happened to be dead already from a previous night, and you are player 8, you would be able to attack players 4, 10, and 11 in their places.)
- If you would randomly attack a target (your second target), and they were protected, or they are a Veteran or Medusa on alert/stone gazing, you will instead only attack your original target, and mutilate them so much in your rage that you'll clean them as well. When you clean a player, you will receive their role and will.

Investigation Results: The investigation results are the same as they are in the game.

Goal: Kill all who would oppose you.

Author Notes:
The Werewolf needs a buff, that's fairly clear. This change only really makes a difference in regards to the KPN ratio. I know RNG is frowned upon, but I tried to counteract that with the fact that you would not attack a second player if they were protected or could harm you in any way, and instead clean your original target. This automatically makes the Werewolf's KPN go up to one for most nights. Additionally, this can also help against Lookouts and Trackers, and also against all protective roles.

As you probably know, it is not super often that a Werewolf only attacks one player. However, it does happen. I wanted to rework the Werewolf so it could have something to fall back on just in case. In this rework, it ends up having a second thing it can fall back on just in case that first "just in case" doesn't work.

Gameplay Scenarios:
Below is a list of four gameplay scenarios that lay out how each of the attribute conditions work in different scenarios.

Player List (copied from VFM64)
1) Dota2reporter
2) TheDebil
3) UzayAltay
4) Kosmo16
5) watchme1
6) SparkingJayYT
7) EqsyLootz
8) Crimson97
9) JacksonVirgo
10) Whirlwindwarrior
11) Flake
12) DesertStorm11 - Werewolf (since I wanna be)

Scenario One (Killing with Visitors):
I decide to rampage at TheDebil's house, number 2. If all four others near him are alive, his pool would be 12, 1, 3, and 4. However, I am number 12, and I can't attack myself, so it skips over me to number 11. However, Debil gets two visitors, and I kill all three of them. That's the normal Werewolf thing. The pool is disregarded, because TheDebil had visitors.

11) Flake (pool)
12) DesertStorm11 (I cannot attack myself, so I am skipped)[/b]
1) Dota2reporter (pool)
- 2) TheDebil (my first target, who has two visitors and is killed)
3) UzayAltay (pool)
4) Kosmo16 (pool)

Scenario Two (Killing w/o Visitors):
I decide to rampage at Crimson's house, number 8. He has no visitors, so I am randomized to attack into his pool nearby, which includes 6, 7, 9, and 10. However, lets say Eqsy (number 7) is dead. I skip over him to numbers 5 and 6. I kill Crimson, and am RNG'd into attacking number 10, who I can also kill successfully, because he does not have any sort of protection and is not a Veteran or Medusa using their ability. I have now killed two players in one night, and have a KPN of 1 if it is night two.

5) watchme1 (pool)
6) SparkingJayYT (pool)
7) EqsyLootz (dead)
- 8) Crimson97 (my first target, who is killed)
9) JacksonVirgo (pool)
10) Whirlwindwarrior (pool, RNG-killed)

Scenario Three (Killing w/o Visitors, Late Game):
I decide to rampage at Flake's house, number 11. He has no visitors, which forces me into his nearby pool. His pool is normally 9, 10, 12, and 1. However, let's say its late game. A lot of people are dead. Lets say everyone except 2, 5, 7, Flake, and myself are dead. His new pool skips over all of them (including myself), and becomes 2, 5, and 7. You'll notice that his pool overlaps on watchme, so it only contains three players. This does not mean watchme has a higher chance of being killed than either of the other two players. It just means there are only three players to be randomly killed, as opposed to the normal four.

1) Dota2reporter (dead)
2) TheDebil (pool)
3) UzayAltay (dead)
4) Kosmo16 (dead)
5) watchme1 (pool)
6) SparkingJayYT (dead)
7) EqsyLootz (pool, RNG-killed)
8) Crimson97 (dead)
9) JacksonVirgo (dead)
10) Whirlwindwarrior (dead)
- 11) Flake (my first target, who is killed)
12) DesertStorm11 (I cannot attack myself, so I am skipped)

Scenario Four (Killing w/o Visitors, Second Target is Alerted Veteran):
I decide to rampage at Kosmo's house. Lets say no one in his pool is dead, so his pool is 2, 3, 5, and 6. I am RNG'd into killing Uzay, number 3. However, Uzay happens to be an alerting Veteran. Instead of visiting him, I will instead only attack Kosmo, cleaning him.

2) TheDebil (pool)
3) UzayAltay (pool, RNG-killed, but is an alerting Veteran)
- 4) Kosmo16 (my first target, who is killed and cleaned)
5) watchme1 (pool)
6) SparkingJayYT (pool)

I think that's it! I know this might take some difficult coding to get into the game, but the abilities behind this rework are being tested out on another forum. It might work in TG, since game moderators can make sure everything works how it's supposed to.

If you don't like the RNG, suggest something else! If you hate the idea altogether, make a valid argument, and say how it can be un-hateable. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask! Thanks!
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Werewolf Overhaul/Rework(?)

Postby DesertStorm11 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Well I tried to format with spoilers but it didn't work... any ideas on how to fix that?
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Brilliand » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:16 pm

I don't like the series of exceptions on the "bonus kill" power. Getting the bonus kill only on condition that your target doesn't have visitors doesn't make sense; refraining from attacking a Veteran/Medusa doesn't make sense; and switching to a clean if your bonus kill was the Doctor's target doesn't make sense.

How about this instead: "Whenever you attack someone, you will deal a Powerful attack to your actual target and a Basic attack to the players directly above and below." (So target, 7, and you'll also hit 6 and 8. If you're 8, then congratulations, you just dealt a Basic attack to your Basic defense.) This can be instead of the "attack visitors" power, since a 1.5 KPN until the rolelist thins out is pretty solid.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby DesertStorm11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Brilliand wrote:How about this instead: "Whenever you attack someone, you will deal a Powerful attack to your actual target and a Basic attack to the players directly above and below." (So target, 7, and you'll also hit 6 and 8. If you're 8, then congratulations, you just dealt a Basic attack to your Basic defense.) This can be instead of the "attack visitors" power, since a 1.5 KPN until the rolelist thins out is pretty solid.

I like this, but then if only two players are killed, the town might narrow it down to 5 and 8 being the Werewolf, which would severely hurt you
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Brilliand » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:32 pm

DesertStorm11 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:How about this instead: "Whenever you attack someone, you will deal a Powerful attack to your actual target and a Basic attack to the players directly above and below." (So target, 7, and you'll also hit 6 and 8. If you're 8, then congratulations, you just dealt a Basic attack to your Basic defense.) This can be instead of the "attack visitors" power, since a 1.5 KPN until the rolelist thins out is pretty solid.

I like this, but then if only two players are killed, the town might narrow it down to 5 and 8 being the Werewolf, which would severely hurt you

The werewolf is free to not target people next to himself. I think it's more likely that when this happens, the person who survived will turn out to be the Godfather.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Woah I see my name
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby DesertStorm11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:Woah I see my name

You do happen to be in the game I based this player list off of, so yep lol
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ShylokVakarian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:39 pm

I'd get rid of that second target if no visitors bit, defaulting to a clean kill instead. But extend the clean kills so that it also covers situations with two kills. Three or more would result in regular kills, but one or two could result in clean kills, giving the Werewolf lots of opportunity for claims.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Role Ideas