Assassin (Neutral Killing) [Role Guesser]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Assassin (Neutral Killing) [Role Guesser]

Postby Brilliand » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:19 am

Role Name: Assassin

Role Alignment: Neutral Killing

Abilities:

Each night, you may select one person to kill, and select one role that you believe to be that player's role.

Attributes:
  • If you correctly guessed the player's role, your visit is astral, and you deal an Unstoppable attack.
  • If you guessed incorrectly, you visit in the same way a Consigliere would, and learn your target's role.

Notifications:

"You have killed the <role>!"
(Consigliere messages)

Goal: Kill all who would oppose you.

Win Conditions:
(Standard Neutral Killing win conditions)

Special Attributes:
Attack: Unstoppable
Defense: Basic

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious.
Investigator - (Investigator resultset)
Consigliere - Your target studies their targets carefully before killing them. They must be an Assassin.

Achievements:

Stay Your Hand: Find a Neutral Evil
Called Shots: Score a kill three nights in a row
See Through Lies: Kill a Mafia Support or Mafia Deception role

This role can also trigger An Unstoppable Force Meets an Invincible Object, by correctly attacking Pestilence. (In this case the Assassin survives, and can out Pestilence the next day.)

Additional Information:

I know, I know, the "Assassin" name is overdone. But this is more-or-less a copy of the "Assassin" role from "Witch Hunt", and I couldn't think of a better name to change it to.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Assassin (Neutral Killing) [Role Guesser]

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:26 am

So practically at the dead minimum, if you're aiming for kills over actually guessing peoples role/getting role information and mass killing at the end with all your information, it's a 0.5KPN. Which is kinda weak, so dumb players will probably hate this role lol.

But for experienced players, this role will be fun to play as because you need to actually deduce stuff. It's weaker and stronger than a Serial Killer depending on how good a player you are, I love that.

/support
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ProfessorArceus » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:36 pm

it's just a weaker SK
adds nothing new to the game apart from a slightly bigger skill gap which isnt rewarding at all
At most points in the game there are only 2 players which SK wouldnt be able to kill (TP and Godfather)
risking a night kill to kill with unstoppable power isn't worth at all
I'm your average British fuckup.
Spoiler:
2:27, 'Fuck up Jeremy Corbyn' ~ The average YouTube comments section.

STRONG AND STABLE GOVERNMENT Y'ALL

FM Stuff
Spoiler: I'm not shameless.
ProfessorArceus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Brilliand » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:48 pm

ProfessorArceus wrote:it's just a weaker SK

I could see ramping it up a bit more. However, I'm having trouble thinking of a buff that doesn't make it overpowered.

Possibly the best way to buff it, if it needs a buff, is to give it immunities (Roleblock immunity, jail-roleblock immunity, control immunity, and/or transporter bypass, conditional on the role guess being correct).

ProfessorArceus wrote:adds nothing new to the game apart from a slightly bigger skill gap which isnt rewarding at all

...yes it is. Figuring out people's roles without being told should be rewarding, and this role rewards that. Simultaneously, this role causes problems for the people who outright announce their role, thus breaking some of the more degenerate Town strategies. (Jailor meta anyone?)

ProfessorArceus wrote:risking a night kill to kill with unstoppable power isn't worth at all

It's Astral Unstoppable, which bypasses every TP and the Lookout, allowing you to safely kill the most important confirmed townies first.

The Serial Killer risks a kill every time he attacks someone a Town Protective might be on. The Assassin doesn't risk a kill under those circumstances; instead he risks a kill whenever he attacks someone who isn't confirmed as a specific role.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas