Spy Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Spy Rework

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:16 am

Concept belongs to cmitc1, slightly modified.

Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Spy Rework

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:22 am

Kirize12 wrote:Concept belongs to cmitc1, slightly modified.

This essentially confirms sheriffs/investigators/lookouts/trackers and any role that has a unique message unless you're talking about roleblock/transport etc messages only. If so, yeah it could work but it's kind of weak?

On-site FM Record: 8-0-10
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: XX7 - Tracker/Detective/Sheriff/Lookout - Win
Latest Scum Game: 20H - Caporegime/Janitor - Loss
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 20.07.20 AEST

JacksonVirgo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:37 am

it works the same as current spy just delayed a night

and ya its a bit weak but thats fine, its not any weaker than parity cop and thats the alternative but this one has a unique take and current spy is op. we can also allow it to target two people

what would you think of this:
-you can target one or two people
-if you target one, you will see any feedback the player gets the next night and whether or not they were visited by any non-town
-if you target two, you will only see if they were visited by any non-town
and yada yada yada everything else is the same

its also a great scumclaim because its delayed a night. might make it permaframed
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:22 pm

If an idea doesn't get traction, it's probably bad, but no one else has a better spy rework.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Kirize12 wrote:it works the same as current spy just delayed a night

and ya its a bit weak but thats fine, its not any weaker than parity cop and thats the alternative but this one has a unique take and current spy is op. we can also allow it to target two people

what would you think of this:
-you can target one or two people
-if you target one, you will see any feedback the player gets the next night and whether or not they were visited by any non-town
-if you target two, you will only see if they were visited by any non-town
and yada yada yada everything else is the same

its also a great scumclaim because its delayed a night. might make it permaframed

Missed this tbf, sorry. Actually I really like this compared to the current Spy, it's weak by itself but it's not too weak in combination with other Town roles.

On-site FM Record: 8-0-10
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: XX7 - Tracker/Detective/Sheriff/Lookout - Win
Latest Scum Game: 20H - Caporegime/Janitor - Loss
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 20.07.20 AEST

JacksonVirgo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Brilliand » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Kirize12 wrote:If an idea doesn't get traction, it's probably bad, but no one else has a better spy rework.

I would prefer my Role Tracker idea to this.

While this role would be quite weak in a generally chaotic town, it still manages to support the Jailor meta; that seems like a bad thing to me.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:If an idea doesn't get traction, it's probably bad, but no one else has a better spy rework.

I would prefer my Role Tracker idea to this.

While this role would be quite weak in a generally chaotic town, it still manages to support the Jailor meta; that seems like a bad thing to me.

It wouldn't do so nearly as effectively with a delayed night. Your idea is good but its' skill floor is significantly higher than other Town Investigatives (albeit lower than the current Spy), which also seems like a bad idea to me.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby cmitc1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi kirize =) its been a while.

I honestly think the concept of seeing scum visits should just be forgotten, but this approach is more healthy then the current spy.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:54 pm

A pro of this spy rework is that it gets rid of the ability for spy to find NK n1, even if both they and the mafia target them.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Return to Role Ideas