Doctor Nerf

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Doctor Nerf

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 pm

I know, Doctor is the ideal town protective but what if they role-blocks their target the following night if they successfully healed them. It would stop doc/doc, doc/bg and doc/crus TP combos.

Thoughts?
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Doctor Nerf

Postby Brilliand » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 pm

I'm not eager to add a roleblocking effect to the Doctor; it seems like too big a twist on the role.

Doc/BG should be prevented by having the BG's "died guarding" be an unpreventable death, like the Vigi's suicide.

I've seen proposals for the Doctor to not be aloud to protect the same person twice in a row; that still seems a bit distasteful, but less so than the roleblock proposal.

Making all Town Protectives immune to (external) healing would be the nuclear option, but still more thematically appropriate than giving them a roleblock.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:23 am

Brilliand wrote:I'm not eager to add a roleblocking effect to the Doctor; it seems like too big a twist on the role.

Doc/BG should be prevented by having the BG's "died guarding" be an unpreventable death, like the Vigi's suicide.

I've seen proposals for the Doctor to not be aloud to protect the same person twice in a row; that still seems a bit distasteful, but less so than the roleblock proposal.

Making all Town Protectives immune to (external) healing would be the nuclear option, but still more thematically appropriate than giving them a roleblock.

I tend to agree, but perhaps if they can't heal the same person the night after they're attacked and healed? That also might be a kick in the ass for Doctor
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:14 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:I tend to agree, but perhaps if they can't heal the same person the night after they're attacked and healed? That also might be a kick in the ass for Doctor

"You can't target the person you successfully saved the previous night" would be a very minor nerf for Doctor. I worry that it wouldn't be enough... but it certainly wouldn't be too much.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas