Small spy nerf

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Small spy nerf

Postby StrahmDude » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 am

Why can spy see when a doc heals someone? It doesn't make sense lore-wise and gives the spy power to confirm doc. They are supposed to see what happens to the target, not what the target does. This should really be removed.
User avatar
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:56 pm

I mean if the Spy is kept as it is, then yeah it makes sense to not be able to see a doctor healing people.

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby SparkingJayYT » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Yeah true, doesn’t make much sense. In fact this could be a whole new TI role in itself by seeing what a person does at night but not who they visit

Image
User avatar
SparkingJayYT
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:Yeah true, doesn’t make much sense. In fact this could be a whole new TI role in itself by seeing what a person does at night but not who they visit

Are you meaning something like the following.

"x performed an Investigative action on somebody" (invest, consig, sheriff)
"x performed a supportive action on somebody" (consort/escort/trans)
"x performed a killing action on somebody" (jailor/vigilante/vet(hehe)/mafioso)

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby SparkingJayYT » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:56 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:Yeah true, doesn’t make much sense. In fact this could be a whole new TI role in itself by seeing what a person does at night but not who they visit

Are you meaning something like the following.

"x performed an Investigative action on somebody" (invest, consig, sheriff)
"x performed a supportive action on somebody" (consort/escort/trans)
"x performed a killing action on somebody" (jailor/vigilante/vet(hehe)/mafioso)

Yeah, so it would only work if they did the action but ofc wouldn’t work for roles such as Medium/Mayor.

Image
User avatar
SparkingJayYT
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:59 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:Yeah true, doesn’t make much sense. In fact this could be a whole new TI role in itself by seeing what a person does at night but not who they visit

Are you meaning something like the following.

"x performed an Investigative action on somebody" (invest, consig, sheriff)
"x performed a supportive action on somebody" (consort/escort/trans)
"x performed a killing action on somebody" (jailor/vigilante/vet(hehe)/mafioso)

Yeah, so it would only work if they did the action but ofc wouldn’t work for roles such as Medium/Mayor.

That's a pretty neat concept actually, not sure if it's been suggested at all but it's worth developing further I feel.

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby Brilliand » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:That's a pretty neat concept actually, not sure if it's been suggested at all but it's worth developing further I feel.


It's uncannily similar to the Investigator. There some important differences of course, but I think it intrudes on the same design space.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby StrahmDude » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:04 am

Brilliand wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:That's a pretty neat concept actually, not sure if it's been suggested at all but it's worth developing further I feel.


It's uncannily similar to the Investigator. There some important differences of course, but I think it intrudes on the same design space.

I could be it's own thing if it focused more on what they did.
Sheriff/consig/invest - dug up information on target
spy/Lo/witch/tracker - watched a target from afar.

It could cross its information with invest to get a solid ID on someone while confirming claimed actions. Might be too powerful though.
User avatar
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 am

Since it's kind of off-topic, I've created a new thread for this new role idea.

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby StrahmDude » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:08 am

Probably a good call. Does anyone know of any other examples of spies seeing stuff like this? Does it see something like this for BG?
User avatar
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 am

StrahmDude wrote:Probably a good call. Does anyone know of any other examples of spies seeing stuff like this? Does it see something like this for BG?

It would make sense for BG however because it affects themselves (via dying from protecting)

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Small spy nerf

Postby orangeandblack5 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Brilliand wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:That's a pretty neat concept actually, not sure if it's been suggested at all but it's worth developing further I feel.


It's uncannily similar to the Investigator. There some important differences of course, but I think it intrudes on the same design space.

It's basically better though

Insofar as Investigator is pretty bad because it arbitrarily limits claimspace when it exists by a lot

And this would do that less
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest