Veteran Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Veteran (Town Killing)
A paranoid war hero who will shoot everyone if in danger.

Abilities:
-Decide if you will go on alert.

Attributes:
-You can only go on alert 3 times.
-While on alert, if any hostile visitors target you, you will deliver a Powerful attack to all of your visitors.
-While on alert you gain Basic Defense.
-While on alert, you cannot be roleblocked or controlled.

Special Attributes:
Attack: Powerful (Temporary)
Defense: Basic (Temporary)
Temporary Roleblock Immunity
Temporary Control Immunity
No longer unique

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Your target could be a Vigilante, Veteran, or Mafioso.
Consigliere: Your target is a paranoid war hero. They must be a Veteran.

Other Information:
-"Hostile visitors" are visitors that are not town or have disruptive abilities. (Such as Escort.)

Currently, the Veteran must be a unique role since it would kill many Town members if there were more than one. Since there can only be 1 Veteran in a game, when a Veteran has been confirmed, no evil roles are able to claim to be Veteran. With my version, evildoers have an easier time to claim Veteran and mass amounts of Town members won't be killed in the process. The Town is able to get 4 Veterans in my version which will be a problem; however, this is very unlikely, Veterans can't go on alert every night, and there are still other roles that can be attacked instead if evildoers don't want to risk visiting a Veteran. This change also might be a problem if a Lookout tells a confirmed Veteran to alert, and then tells another player to visit the Veteran. (This may also lead to a Mafia member committing suicide to kill 2 Town members, but that would only be useful in certain situations.)

TL;DR:
Veteran is no longer unique but only kills visitors if a hostile player visits them the night they're alerting.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby Brilliand » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:14 pm

I would rather not reduce the Veteran's ability to kill town. Right now the Veteran, like the Vigilante, doesn't differentiate between players based on their alignment, and I think that's a good thing.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:45 am

Veteran doesn't need a rework, it's fine the way it is and the fact that Veteran needs to have some aspect of risk because the fact it can be the sole reason Town wins or loses is a good way to create strategy over just alerting whenever you feel like you don't wanna really die that night.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:07 am

Brilliand wrote:I would rather not reduce the Veteran's ability to kill town. Right now the Veteran, like the Vigilante, doesn't differentiate between players based on their alignment, and I think that's a good thing.

I see, but I think it's more important for the Veteran to not be unique.
JacksonVirgo wrote:Veteran doesn't need a rework, it's fine the way it is and the fact that Veteran needs to have some aspect of risk because the fact it can be the sole reason Town wins or loses is a good way to create strategy over just alerting whenever you feel like you don't wanna really die that night.

Using an alert and not killing anyone is also a punishment for the Veteran since they used an alert that could have been used when an evildoer visited them.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:40 am

ImposterK wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Veteran doesn't need a rework, it's fine the way it is and the fact that Veteran needs to have some aspect of risk because the fact it can be the sole reason Town wins or loses is a good way to create strategy over just alerting whenever you feel like you don't wanna really die that night.

Using an alert and not killing anyone is also a punishment for the Veteran since they used an alert that could have been used when an evildoer visited them.

Yeah, adding more strategy and consequences for the role. Can I ask what your point is? I think I missed it.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:
ImposterK wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Veteran doesn't need a rework, it's fine the way it is and the fact that Veteran needs to have some aspect of risk because the fact it can be the sole reason Town wins or loses is a good way to create strategy over just alerting whenever you feel like you don't wanna really die that night.

Using an alert and not killing anyone is also a punishment for the Veteran since they used an alert that could have been used when an evildoer visited them.

Yeah, adding more strategy and consequences for the role. Can I ask what your point is? I think I missed it.

You're claiming that the Veteran needs to have some aspect of risk. I showed you that my rework does.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:14 pm

It has no real downside to alerting outside of just wasting an alert, it's not risky enough
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:38 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:It has no real downside to alerting outside of just wasting an alert, it's not risky enough

I disagree. Using an alert can be the difference between life or death.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:53 am

ImposterK wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:It has no real downside to alerting outside of just wasting an alert, it's not risky enough

I disagree. Using an alert can be the difference between life or death.

We obviously have disagreeing opinions, I feel a TK needs to be able to kill Town if they screw up. But you say that wasting an alert is just as bad.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
ImposterK wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:It has no real downside to alerting outside of just wasting an alert, it's not risky enough

I disagree. Using an alert can be the difference between life or death.

We obviously have disagreeing opinions, I feel a TK needs to be able to kill Town if they screw up. But you say that wasting an alert is just as bad.

Veteran doesn't choose who they kill, so that isn't really needed. Also, with my idea, Veterans can still kill Town, but only when a harmful players visits them.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:40 am

Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:45 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong

This is to make Veteran more claimable.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:04 pm

ImposterK wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong

This is to make Veteran more claimable.

Oh, this makes a lot more sense now lol.

This might seem like shameless self promotion but I personally would rather see my kill type (target killed by vig, vet or Mafia) type system than a Veteran rework that can't kill stupid TI/TS roles visiting.

EDIT: Also I thought there was a reason why Veteran was unique.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:36 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:
ImposterK wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong

This is to make Veteran more claimable.

Oh, this makes a lot more sense now lol.

This might seem like shameless self promotion but I personally would rather see my kill type (target killed by vig, vet or Mafia) type system than a Veteran rework that can't kill stupid TI/TS roles visiting.

EDIT: Also I thought there was a reason why Veteran was unique.

To prevent Veterans from mass killing people.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 pm

ImposterK wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong

This is to make Veteran more claimable.

no one cares, death notes dont exist, tks arent claimable no matter what u do
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby ImposterK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:01 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:
ImposterK wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong

This is to make Veteran more claimable.

no one cares, death notes dont exist, tks arent claimable no matter what u do

Yes they are .-.
User avatar
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: The United States of America

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:50 pm

ImposterK wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
ImposterK wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Hostile already has a term. Those with Malicious intent, identical to Marshal. This rework is shit, Vet is already strong

This is to make Veteran more claimable.

no one cares, death notes dont exist, tks arent claimable no matter what u do

Yes they are .-.

shut the frick up samurai

im gonna go burn a city, and youre not coming with me. that's right. im inviting javi
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Veteran Rework

Postby azurillia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 am

:P

Veteran isn't actually "confirmable", evildoers does not put their last visit's name on their Last Will. The only way to reveal Veterans are claiming it first at Day then shooting a dumb evildoer that visits them next Night; or killing a Town role (TP or TI it doesn't matter) that visits you and reveal your name on their will. At the latter case, you will sacrifice a Town member to reveal yourself while the first issue isn't that big deal.
I don't like Veteran design too but hey, look at Medusa. Both of them are balanced and lit :litemoji:

So no. At the Nights you kill an Arsonist/Serial Killer/Mafioso there is AT LEAST ONE TOWN MEMBER that visits you too because the tricky part of Veteran is baiting the people and at least one Town members falls to that if an evildoer visits you.
And I am not writing this post to create a hate train about you; Actually I liked that hostile visitor idea (same goes for Transporter) but it is hard to apply on Veteran because as I stated before, if they are revealed their alerts are predictable, if they are not revealed then that means they will die in rest in peace or they will take down an evildoer (with a Bodyguard xd)
User avatar
azurillia
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:31 am


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests