Forger (Buff)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Forger (Buff)

Postby Boneminer22 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:32 am

I personally believe that with the janitor, the forger isn't a very useful role. I think a way we can improve this role is to allow the forger to change a vote when deciding whether to lynch someone. Once the screen pops up to vote guilty or innocent, the forger will vote, and then have a 2nd screen showing the votes that have been cast. They will be able to choose one vote, and change it. This could be changing an innocent vote to guilty to lynch a townie, or changing a guilty vote to innocent to save mafia.
Boneminer22

Re: Forger (Buff)

Postby Brilliand » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 pm

No vote interference. The Forger needs a buff, but not this.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Boneminer22 wrote:I personally believe that with the janitor, the forger isn't a very useful role. I think a way we can improve this role is to allow the forger to change a vote when deciding whether to lynch someone. Once the screen pops up to vote guilty or innocent, the forger will vote, and then have a 2nd screen showing the votes that have been cast. They will be able to choose one vote, and change it. This could be changing an innocent vote to guilty to lynch a townie, or changing a guilty vote to innocent to save mafia.

Towns strongest weapon is votes, and in extension vote manipulation will never be a thing added, the buff needs to be something else sorry.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby LairesTheUnscaled » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:11 pm

I have very simple and easy buff. MAKE SPY NOT SEE FORGER VISITING! Same goes for Disguiser and Framer. Seriously, it takes just one Spy. One damn Spy and the whole potential of these role is wasted for 3/7 RM roles Mafia can get. That should be changed right away. Spy shouldn't be able to see these 3 visit, because they depend on Town not knowing they visited someone. And there is nothing you can do about Town getting a Spy, or 2 Spies.

For example, why would you visit anyone as Forger if there is a Spy? Spy would confirm they were visited 2x and nobody would believe anything in their will afterwards. Even if you managed to pull off very decent looking forged will, still nobody would believe it, unless you play in low elo where nobody knows how Forger works.
LairesTheUnscaled
Executioner
Executioner

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:34 pm

LairesTheUnscaled wrote:I have very simple and easy buff. MAKE SPY NOT SEE FORGER VISITING! Same goes for Disguiser and Framer. Seriously, it takes just one Spy. One damn Spy and the whole potential of these role is wasted for 3/7 RM roles Mafia can get. That should be changed right away. Spy shouldn't be able to see these 3 visit, because they depend on Town not knowing they visited someone. And there is nothing you can do about Town getting a Spy, or 2 Spies.

For example, why would you visit anyone as Forger if there is a Spy? Spy would confirm they were visited 2x and nobody would believe anything in their will afterwards. Even if you managed to pull off very decent looking forged will, still nobody would believe it, unless you play in low elo where nobody knows how Forger works.

Spy shouldn't have the broken ability to see visits anymore. It's terrible and should be removed entirely.
My Role Ideas
Jester Rework

JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Trollermo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 am

Forger no need Buff .. as explain hes can make this if you know the town role....

Real Will as investigator ======================Forged Will

Tony the Investigator ======================Tony the Investigator

n1 Gorila is bg/arso/gf=================== n1 Gorila is bg/arso/gf
n2 Pikachu is Sheriff/exe/ww ============= n2 Pikachu is Sheriff/exe/ww
n3 Vanish is vig/vet/mafioso------------------- n3 Magina is Vig/vet/mafioso (when hes claim sheriff as town)
n4 Katastrophy------------------------------------ n4 Ezalor
Trollermo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:13 am

Trollermo wrote:Forger no need Buff .. as explain hes can make this if you know the town role....

n3 Vanish is vig/vet/mafioso------------------- n3 Magina is Vig/vet/mafioso (when hes claim sheriff as town)

Forger does need a buff, it's one of the weakest Mafia roles in the game.
My Role Ideas
Jester Rework

JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby LairesTheUnscaled » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:35 am

Trollermo wrote:Forger no need Buff .. as explain hes can make this if you know the town role....

Ranked Spy: Mafia vistied Tony 2x last night, his will is forged, Tony posted night 3 results day 4 (as any ranked Invest should at least for jailor in whispers), they were Vanish vigi/vet/mafioso. So we have confirmed Forger.
Yep, forger is balanced bud. ;)

Also if you know their role, because they are active and post results daily, your forge does nothing anyways. Mafia could run into LO or TP on that TI claim if that wasn't bad enough. Just no, any good TI will share his results with someone confirmed as Town, so there is nothing for forger to fake, and even if there is with Consig, there still can be Spy that will just out you right away. One non-unique TI role that can ruin the whole potencial your role could ever have just by existing is as bad as it sounds.
LairesTheUnscaled
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Role Ideas