Neutral Evil : The Crooked Lawyer (Crooked for short)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Neutral Evil : The Crooked Lawyer (Crooked for short)

Postby TheEndurianGamer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:36 am

"You are a Crooked Lawyer that's been bought by the Town's less favorable counterparts.

(This role is designed to spice up the already stale pool of Neutral Evils that the game is currently sitting on.)

Attack : None Defense : Basic
Alignment : Neutral Evil
Immunities : Detection Immunity.
Unique: Yes
Abilities : You can force people to vote, while you yourself count for 1 extra vote.

Attributes : During the day during either the discussion or trial period, you can secretly bribe a single person. That person is forced to vote on a target of your choosing, and cannot vote another target for the rest of the Trial Period. You choose whether they will vote Innocent or Guilty if the target is pushed. You can use this feature 2 times. (This would appear as a Sun Icon in the top, and will give 2 boxes for each player. The first box chooses which player you will bribe, the second box chooses which player will be voted once the Voting Period begins, or immediately after clicking a "Confirm" button)
Whenever you vote on a person during the Trial Period, the amount of votes required to push the person to the stand is secretly reduced by 1 until you retract your vote. If you vote Guilty or Innocent during a Trial, there is secretly one more of the vote you chose.

Goal : Live to see town fall.

Note: If the Crooked is blackmailed, their voting power is suppressed. They do not count for 2 votes, and cannot bribe the day that they are blackmailed.
Investigator Results : "Your Target is an Investigator, A Consigliarie, A Mayor, or The Crooked Lawyer."

I tried to base this class off of the already established principles of the Neutral Evils, that being voting or being voted, but decided that they should have the same dependency on evils as the witch, therefore indirectly buffing evil roles as they have an ally. Additionally, I wanted them to have more reason to side with Neutral Killings in tougher situations.

Detection of a Crooked in the game is actually not too difficult if town is watching the votes; seeing that the number of votes didn't match the number of required is easy to spot once you realize it. It might be smart to vote someone that already has a vote on them as the Crooked to try to hide the hidden extra vote, or wait until the vote needs 1 more vote to vote as The Crooked. Players who are Bribed may or may not get a notification (I prefer the latter), but either way will be able to notice when they voted someone they didn't vote, or find that they cannot vote another person because they are Bought.

On paper it seems a bit powerful, but to be fair that's kinda what evils are supposed to be. Powerful. This role can help shut down uncoordinated towns, or confirmed town roles (Especially the Mayor, who the Lawyer can Bribe easily).

Eager to hear your feedback, and it wouldn't surprise me If I missed someone already posting a role like this; so if thats the case, please link it in the comments!
Favorite Roles: Bystander Exe, Sheriff, Investigator, Lookout, Arsonist, Medium.
Least Favourite Roles: Godfather, Mafioso, Framer, Consigliarie, Jailor.
TheEndurianGamer

Re: Neutral Evil : The Crooked Lawyer (Crooked for short)

Postby Brilliand » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 pm

The devs have declared that they don't want to add vote manipulation to the game. I think they probably have the right idea.

In other news, with this role in play, the Town in Ranked loses majority after the N1 kill (so long as that kill hits a townie). That's no good.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas