Serial Killer Rework Ideas

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Serial Killer Rework Ideas

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Serial Killer is an unfortunate specimen of a role, practically just a solo Godfather that kills roleblockers. It needs a rework/buff and I have a few ideas on how to do it, though they aren't fleshed out and they're mainly just concepts. The following points aren't meant to be connected in any way, just consider this a list of possible changes that could be made.

• Serial Killer roleblocks their target, out of fear.
  • When a Serial Killer attacks, they spook the target making them unable to be protected the next night.
  • Can attack or at least semi-attack during the day. Such as make somebody bleed like in Throne of Lies and they need to be healed the next night to be saved.

Small list but if you have other thoughts, I will add ya to the list with credit. Just trying to get a bunch of people's thoughts to hopefully make a change to this role.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Serial Killer Rework Ideas

Postby swagmm23 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:33 pm

1.What about the Werewolf? He's unique and can only kill only every two nights and he also kills roleblockers is rb'ed while killing the Jailor if jailed and not executed.Sure, he has a Powerful rampaging attack, but everyone considers him a bigger threat than the Serial Killer because of this.

2.I don't think those suggestions for a rework seem that good IMO at least.
swagmm23
Investigator
Investigator

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:20 pm

I agree that these rework ideas are bad, but I am just trying to gather other peoples ideas for a rework to gather a larger list.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby swagmm23 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 am

Alright, but we can't forget about buffing the WW because he still is underpowered compared to the other NK roles.
swagmm23
Investigator
Investigator

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:36 am

Werewolf still has a higher winrate than Arsonist though. Any ideas for WW?
I feel attacking every second night is horrible, even with Rampage since it's swingy as all hell.

I suggest having the Werewolf able to kill on non full moon nights like the SK can now, and rampage on Full Moon nights. This would need SK to be reworked however since it'd be obsolete and completely weaker in every aspect.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Transcender » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:15 am

since when did sk need a rework..? its simple and is balanced.
/nosupport.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:31 am

Google wrote:since when did sk need a rework..? its simple and is balanced.
/nosupport.

Sk isn't balanced but this isn't how to rework it

JacksonVirgo wrote:Serial Killer is an unfortunate specimen of a role, practically just a solo Godfather that kills roleblockers. It needs a rework/buff and I have a few ideas on how to do it, though they aren't fleshed out and they're mainly just concepts. The following points aren't meant to be connected in any way, just consider this a list of possible changes that could be made.

• Serial Killer roleblocks their target, out of fear.
  • When a Serial Killer attacks, they spook the target making them unable to be protected the next night.
  • Can attack or at least semi-attack during the day. Such as make somebody bleed like in Throne of Lies and they need to be healed the next night to be saved.

Small list but if you have other thoughts, I will add ya to the list with credit. Just trying to get a bunch of people's thoughts to hopefully make a change to this role.

Sk Rbing their target is pretty decent, while I don't think it will help in most situations it can in some.

nah Protectives need to protect their target

As someone who plays Tol, Bleeding makes sense for that game but bleeding in Tos is just as dumb as the posion mechanic, at least in Tol Assassin/Cult Leader one will always spawn in the game making Physician, Chronomancer or alchemist always have the use of healing bleeds, this is just a dependble bleed where Sk becomes more useful if doctor doesn't spawn in.
Last edited by Soulshade55r on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:35 am

Soulshade55r wrote:
/nosupport.

Do you have any ideas of your own?
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:36 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:
/nosupport.

Do you have any ideas of your own?

I edited in some ^_^ (Well criticism)
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:51 am

Soulshade55r wrote:Sk Rbing their target is pretty decent, while I don't think it will help in most situations it can in some.

As someone who plays Tol, Bleeding makes sense for that game but bleeding in Tos is just as dumb as the posion mechanic, at least in Tol Assassin/Cult Leader one will always spawn in the game making Physician, Chronomancer or alchemist always have the use of healing bleeds, this is just a dependble bleed where Sk becomes more useful if doctor doesn't spawn in.

I agree with all your points. My ideas aren't that great but I just want to brain dump possible ideas for it and gather other's.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:06 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:Sk Rbing their target is pretty decent, while I don't think it will help in most situations it can in some.

I agree with all your points. My ideas aren't that great but I just want to brain dump possible ideas for it and gather other's.

I think what makes Tol Nks powerful is the social abilites for late game like possessors force vote or reapers reap/Chill.

Also Sorcrer being a sk/arso with a higher Kpn makes it really good

When you play Tol Nk has a good chance but is still challenging (Like at 15% win rate as of reference to anyone who doesn't play Tol)
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:29 am

Soulshade55r wrote:I think what makes Tol Nks powerful is the social abilites for late game like possessors force vote or reapers reap/Chill.

When you play Tol Nk has a good chance but is still challenging (Like at 15% win rate as of reference to anyone who doesn't play Tol)

This prompted me to go google some Throne of Lies stuf, and I wound up at this page: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/sorcerer ... y/19653/14

...which basically says that in Throne of Lies, the NKs are too weak. ToL roles are stronger than ToS roles across the board, but ToL NKs are still underpowered compared to the rest of that game.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:18 am

/nosupport.

stop saying meaningul things honey

sk is balanced but other broken roles make it unviable, fix jailor, neutral lesbians and last wills and u have a balanced sk
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:30 am

Brilliand wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I think what makes Tol Nks powerful is the social abilites for late game like possessors force vote or reapers reap/Chill.

This prompted me to go google some Throne of Lies stuf, and I wound up at this page: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/sorcerer ... y/19653/14

...which basically says that in Throne of Lies, the NKs are too weak. ToL roles are stronger than ToS roles across the board, but ToL NKs are still underpowered compared to the rest of that game.

Tol Nks aren't weak at all if you play the game they win a lot and have a chance
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby UzayAltay » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 am

SK is Pretty balanced Actually , I Dont think The thing which break The Balance between town and scum at ranked is NK being weak . And SK's endgame is much better Than GF , they win 1v1 , and Almost always kingmaded ( even sometimes unfairly ) .
The Main problem SK winrates sucks is general scum winrates sucks for most times . And it is due Mafia Roles cant counter town Roles .

If Mafia is buffed A level that they can counter town ( or town Roles nerfed ) , I am Pretty sure NK win rates Will be around 1/3 of Mafia , or Maybe More .
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:29 pm

ScratchCat wrote:If all NK had a buff(in my opinion)

SK:Would destroy last will
WW:Can attack every night but can only rampage on full moon nights
Arso:Everyone who visits them also gets doused

straight ew
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Brilliand wrote:

2017 Sorcrer wasn't even the same class(Role) because Tol reworks classes. (Not saying Tol is balanced but more enjoyable and doesn't have roles like spy or retri that are just completely messed up and at least cw (semi trans) alerts only the visitors of the swapped person they are redirected to and also sage/Rit exist, even better no one's really 100% confirmed in Tol).
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas