Kamikaze (Neutral Evil) Role Idea

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Kamikaze (Neutral Evil) Role Idea

Postby musi99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 am

Kamikaze: Neutral Evil. An ex-soldier who is still traumatized by the events he witnessed at war.
He has one chance to kill himself and another (or 2) player(s) with him at any night. He wins if that player is the last member of any role-type (Mafia, Town or Neutrals). He must use his one shot to destroy a faction/role-type. Lynching doesn't count. If the player(s) he attacks are not the last member(s) of any faction/role-type, he loses (he dies but his targets survive (?)). If there are more than 2 (?) Neutrals in a game, he can also win if he destroys all Neutrals, including himself. But if there are less than 3 (?) Neutrals, he can't win by destroying Neutrals. Appears suspicious to Sheriff. If he is attacked at night, both him and the attacker die (?).
Last edited by musi99 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HACKED BY GRENZE
musi99
Jester
Jester

Re: Kamikaze (Neutral Evil) Role Idea

Postby ScarfVendetta » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:49 am

Are you counting Neutrals as a single faction then? This makes less sense than just counting the actual factions, e.g. Serial Killers, Arsonists, Werewolf, Vampires, Plaguebearer, and Juggernaut all have their own factions that they win with, therefore grouping them together seems odd.

This would also bring into question whether 'true neutrals' such as Jester, Executioner, Amnesiac, Survivor, Pirate, and Guardian Angel would be counted for this, as they can win with anybody.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby musi99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 pm

I didn't mean to say that Neutrals are one faction. I should have used the word "role-type" instead of "faction" I suppose. The occasions where Vampires etc. have their own factions could be exceptional, where destroying only one group among Neutrals (such as Vampires) gets him his win. And yes, on usual setups, I meant ALL Neutrals in a match, including Jester & Executioner.
HACKED BY GRENZE
musi99
Jester
Jester

Postby musi99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 pm

I'm not very good at considering all details and presenting a finished project. Just bringing up here some ideas that seem interesting to me.
HACKED BY GRENZE
musi99
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:33 pm

The minimal concept you've presented here sounds like the beginnings of how the Veteran was invented.

We already have one war veteran role in the game, we don't need to come up with an evil equivalent to it.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby musi99 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:45 am

Brilliand wrote:The minimal concept you've presented here sounds like the beginnings of how the Veteran was invented.

We already have one war veteran role in the game, we don't need to come up with an evil equivalent to it.

This is more like a chaotic suicider than the Veteran, except for the optional rule that he may kill someone who *attacks* him. And unless it's really proven to be unplayable or not fun, why would it be "unneeded"?
HACKED BY GRENZE
musi99
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:59 pm

musi99 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:The minimal concept you've presented here sounds like the beginnings of how the Veteran was invented.

This is more like a chaotic suicider than the Veteran, except for the optional rule that he may kill someone who *attacks* him. And unless it's really proven to be unplayable or not fun, why would it be "unneeded"?

Are you treating this as a fully-formed role, or as a concept to be fleshed out by others? Since you apologized for not working out all the details, I figured it was the latter.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby musi99 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am

Brilliand wrote:
musi99 wrote:

Are you treating this as a fully-formed role, or as a concept to be fleshed out by others? Since you apologized for not working out all the details, I figured it was the latter.

There is no way to test it online, so I'd say the latter
HACKED BY GRENZE
musi99
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:17 am

musi99 wrote:There is no way to test it online, so I'd say the latter

It sounds like we still aren't on the same page. What does testing online have to do with deciding on the details of a role?

Anyway, viewing this role simply as a concept, I'd say the concept has already been used, and there is no need to place the same concept before the detailed-role-makers again.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ak521 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:02 pm

We don't need an evil nerf. Before you say this can also affect town, it can indeed, however the Kamikaze's meta in this case will be siding with town.
ak521
Witch
Witch

Return to Role Ideas