Maledict (Coven Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Maledict (Coven Evil)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Role Name: Maledict (name can be changed, I couldn't think of anything else)

Role Alignment: Coven Evil

Abilities:
  • Give a target a Basic attack.
  • Gains a Basic attack with Necronomicon

Goal: Same as Coven

Win Conditions: Same as Coven

Additional Information:
  • Coven Leader can control this roles target to specify who gets killed. CL with Necro and this role can have 2 KPN.
  • This role makes a target attack everyone they visit. A Transporter will attack both targets etc.
  • Can backfire and kill multiple Coven if the Transporter or another role baits a Maledict visit without a CL.

I posted a role similar but as a Neutral Killing in which people said you have little control over who gets killed. With this as a Coven role would it work better? Especially with a CL. The Necronomicon ability may be a bit overpowered with one singular role getting a 2KPN.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Maledict (Coven Evil)

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 am

With the CL+Necronomicon, its KPN is perhaps too high.
  • If this role can't make a non-visiting role or a protective role kill, though, that brings its KPN down to a manageable level. (A Bodyguard affected by this role should kill himself instead of his target.)

Without the CL, it has a risk that its target might be visiting a Coven member. This becomes increasingly likely as the game goes on, making the role potentially counterproductive.
  • It's probably OK to just make Coven members immune to this role's indirect attack (with no immunity message, so the town doesn't get tipped off).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:25 am

Brilliand wrote:With the CL+Necronomicon, its KPN is perhaps too high.
  • If this role can't make a non-visiting role or a protective role kill, though, that brings its KPN down to a manageable level. (A Bodyguard affected by this role should kill himself instead of his target.)

Without the CL, it has a risk that its target might be visiting a Coven member. This becomes increasingly likely as the game goes on, making the role potentially counterproductive.
  • It's probably OK to just make Coven members immune to this role's indirect attack (with no immunity message, so the town doesn't get tipped off).

Protective roles still give protection. All Town Protective roles would give protection against Basic attacks so it won't kill their targets. However it will kill the BodyGuard as they 'fight back' and kill themselves. Non-visiting roles still get a Basic attack but since they don't visit, they won't attack anybody same with town that doesn't visit.

I also agree in making Coven members immune to this role's indirect attack and not notifying town.

EDIT: For clarification, regarding town that doesn't visit I mean any Town that chooses not to visit for a night like some people do with a Werewolf in game.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:EDIT: For clarification, regarding town that doesn't visit I mean any Town that chooses not to visit for a night like some people do with a Werewolf in game.

I'm specifically thinking of the scenario where the Coven Leader and Maledict both visit the same player, hoping to get two targeted kills. If the player they picked was a Medium, then the Medium's inability to visit should take priority over the Coven Leader's visit-forcing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:28 am

Brilliand wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:EDIT: For clarification, regarding town that doesn't visit I mean any Town that chooses not to visit for a night like some people do with a Werewolf in game.

I'm specifically thinking of the scenario where the Coven Leader and Maledict both visit the same player, hoping to get two targeted kills. If the player they picked was a Medium, then the Medium's inability to visit should take priority over the Coven Leader's visit-forcing.

Yeah, Coven Leader can't force non-visiting roles to visit and thus the Maledict kill won't happen.

One question I was debating is what would happen if the Maledict targets the Jailor. It's either the Jailor's protection stops the jailed target from dying, the Jailor is forced to execute (which I do not like at all), or the Jailor deals a basic attack to the target anyway and if the jailed doesn't have basic defense or higher they die.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:48 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:One question I was debating is what would happen if the Maledict targets the Jailor. It's either the Jailor's protection stops the jailed target from dying, the Jailor is forced to execute (which I do not like at all), or the Jailor deals a basic attack to the target anyway and if the jailed doesn't have basic defense or higher they die.

The Coven Leader can force the Jailor to execute anyway. I'd say if the Jailor doesn't execute, it counts as the Jailor not visiting, and so no Maledict kill happens.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Brilliand wrote:The Coven Leader can force the Jailor to execute anyway. I'd say if the Jailor doesn't execute, it counts as the Jailor not visiting, and so no Maledict kill happens.

Didn't think of it that way, yeah that's good.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas