[Town Protective] Milkman

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

[Town Protective] Milkman

Postby rickienon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:21 am

THIS ROLE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHER MILKMAN THAT WERE DECLINED AT TG.

Role Name: Milkman
Role Alignment: Town Protective
Immunities: No Attack, No Defense
Summary: A Healer who heals their visitors
Priority: 3 (Heal) 2 (Preparing Milk) 3 - Highest (Self heal)
Unique Role

Abilities: Stock a milk each stalled night for heal your visitors

Attributes: At the end of each night, you will stock a Milk.
- You will start the game with a Milk.
- You may only stock up to 3 Milks.
- If you get roleblocked, you won't prepare a Milk.
- When someone visits you at Night, they will use one of your Milks, giving them Basic Defense. They won't be informed that they visited a Milkman unless they get attacked. You will know how much people visited you and get attacked.
- You can use your own Milks to Heal yourself for that night. You have to wait two nights to use one of your Milks again.
- When someone visits you while you have a Milk, they will use one of your Milks, granting them Basic defense. It will remove Poisoner's poison. However, it won't prevent any attacks that is Powerful or higher, so this doesn't totally count as Healing.
- Poisons with Necromonicon are still not affected by any kind of healing, includes this.
- You will learn how much people consumed your Milk.
- Visitors will still consume milk even you are roleblocked for that Night. You will still see how much people visited you. (Because you can see how much Milk left next night anyway, hiding the number of visitors at a roleblocking event is useless. This info is only useful for early Trial, which helps Milkman to confirm himself.)
- You may use one of your Milks, granting yourself Powerful defense and removing any poisons. You have to wait 2 nights before you can Heal yourself again. This can be prevented by a roleblocker.
- Your selfhealing has a higher priority than visitor healing. That means, if you decide to use one of your Milks while you have only one Milk, you will only Heal yourself, not visitors.
- When more than one faction visits you, Townies will be prioritized. That means, while you have one Milk, if an Ambusher and a Sheriff visits you, the Sheriff will be protected and the awareness of Ambusher will be announced to Sheriff.
- A Witch can control you to use one of your Milks. No matter who they controlled you to, you will selfheal yourself and still generate a Milk since you are not technically roleblocked. At this case, they will also consume a Milk.
- A Witch can also ignore the Selfheal rule. If they control you after you used selfheal previous Night, you will still be able to heal yourself.
- A Transporter can transport you while you are using your Night ability but they won't affect your status. That means, if you target yourself and they transport you with someone else, you will still be able to Heal yourself.
- Visitors will know that they visited the Milkman if they are attacked. This Attack is not limited to Basic only, if they die to a Werewolf while they are visiting Milkman, they will get different notification about a Milkman visit.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator - Your target could be a Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, Potion Master or Milkman.
Consigliere - Your target prepares Milk to heal their visitors. They must be the Milkman!

Goal: Town Win

Win Conditions: Current Town win conditions

Personal Notes: This is my idea, so I think stocking up milks is hard to do because you only do it once, can act like a Doctor Werewolf (1 stall, 1 Heal night) however its priority is lower than roleblockers and Witches, making them counter this role easily.
Not to mention that if this role reveals and if there isn't any Retri or Medium, your self-visit seens become useless.

I decied to toy around this role a little bit and changed its mechanic, you can check its new version now.
Last edited by rickienon on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rickienon
Jester
Jester

Re: [Town Protective] Milkman

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:37 pm

rickienon wrote:Role Name: Milkman Okay
Role Alignment: Town Protective
Immunities: No Attack, No Defense Typical town, okie
Summary: A Healer who heals his visitors Heals visitors? That seems swingy as all hell and can be insta-confirmed as well...
Priority: 3 (Heal) 2 (Preparing Milk)
Unique Role
Prepares an ability charge when gets roleblocked

Abilities: Stock a milk each stalled night for heal and learn your visitors

Attributes: Do not take any action at night to stock a Milk.
- You will start the game without any Milks.
- You may only stock up to 2 Milks.
- If you get roleblocked, you won't use your ability and prepare a Milk. Usually if you're roleblocked, you are roleblocked and shouldn't be able to do anything. Unless you are role-block immune but that means that this wouldn't work anyway.
- You may spend a Milk by activating your night ability to heal your visitors and learn their name. Learning names is a no. It isn't a TI/self lookout.
- You will not heal yourself. It is only restricted to your visitors only. So if there's a Doctor on you and a Werewolf attacks you, nobody dies... yeah, no.
- This healing gives all visitors Powerful defense, but this won't prevent any Arsonist ignition or a Jester haunt. This shouldn't be Powerful if it gives multiple people protection.
- You will learn the name of all your visitors. If a Killing role visits you however, you will die. Too overpowered and what if you're attacked AND healed by a Doctor? Yeah... You learn the other TP and the killing roles trying to pop you. It's not a Town Investigative role
- A Witch can control you to yourself to use one of your Milks. At this case, you will see them as one of your visitors. If they target you to someone else, you will get roleblocked and generate a Milk. Why roleblocked? Just have them generate a Milk if they don't do anything, witching counts as something and a Milk won't generate. Too overpowered otherwise
- A Transporter can transport you while you are using your Night ability but they won't affect your status. That means, if you target yourself and they transport you with someone else, you will still heal your visitors and learn their name.
- Visitors will know that they visited the Milkman. Also, if one of the visitors are attacked, the Milkman will informed which visitor was attacked, then healing them in the progress. So another insta-confirmable role? No thanks

Investigator Results:
Investigator - Your target could be a Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, Potion Master or Milkman.
Consigliere - Your target prepares Milk to heal their visitors. They must be the Milkman!

Personal Notes: This is my idea, so I think stocking up milks is hard to do because you only do it once, can act like a Doctor Werewolf (1 stall, 1 Heal night) however its priority is lower than roleblockers and Witches, making them counter this role easily.
Not to mention that if this role reveals and if there isn't any Retri or Medium, your self-visit seens become useless.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm

I saw a role almost the same as this recently... let's see...

Mistress (Town Protective)

I like the milk mechanic as a way to limit how often the role is used, but I think it should only give Basic defense (and not give any notifications, not the self-lookout power and not the "You visited the Milkman" message).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby rickienon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:57 am

i changed it
rickienon
Jester
Jester

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:03 am

rickienon wrote:Attributes: At the end of each night, you will stock a Milk.
- You will start the game with a Milk. Yep
- You may only stock up to 3 Milks. Yep
- If you get roleblocked, you won't prepare a Milk. Nice change
- When someone visits you at Night, they will use one of your Milks, giving them Basic Defense. They won't be informed that they visited a Milkman unless they get attacked. You will know how much people visited you and get attacked. So do you mean that one Milk is given per visitor? If so, who gets priority when more people visit than your Milk amount? If not, that seems a bit overpowered.
- You can use your own Milks to Heal yourself for that night. You have to wait one night to use one of your Milks again. Multiple self heals may be a bit powerful, though having the cooldown may be different. Not sure
- When someone visits you while you have a Milk, they will use one of your Milks, granting them Basic defense. It will remove Poisoner's poison. However, it won't prevent any attacks that is Powerful or higher, so this doesn't totally count as Healing. Coolio
- Poisons with Necromonicon are still not affected by any kind of healing, includes this. Makes sense.
- You will learn how much people consumed your Milk. Again, if it only consumes one milk per visitor you shouldn't be able to see more than 3.
- Visitors will still consume milk even you are roleblocked for that Night. You will still see how much people visited you. (Because you can see how much Milk left next night anyway, hiding the number of visitors at a roleblocking event is useless. This info is only useful for early Trial, which helps Milkman to confirm himself.) Town roles should never be able to be fully confirmed, only Mayor should be able to. A lot of roles need reworking because of this. Also Roleblocking should stop everything, unless rb immune otherwise causes issues. Especially as a TP
- You may use one of your Milks, granting yourself Powerful defense and removing any poisons. You can only do this once per two days. This can be prevented by a roleblocker. Again, having multiple self heals are a bit OP.
- Your selfhealing has a higher priority than visitor healing. That means, if you decide to use one of your Milks while you have only one Milk, you will only Heal yourself, not visitors.
- A Witch can control you to use one of your Milks. No matter who they controlled you to, you will selfheal yourself and still generate a Milk since you are not technically roleblocked. At this case, they will also consume a Milk.
- A Witch can also ignore the Selfheal rule. If they control you after you used selfheal previous Night, you will still be able to heal yourself.
- A Transporter can transport you while you are using your Night ability but they won't affect your status. That means, if you target yourself and they transport you with someone else, you will still be able to Heal yourself.
- Visitors will know that they visited the Milkman if they are attacked. This Attack is not limited to Basic only, if they die to a Werewolf while they are visiting Milkman, they will get different notification about a Milkman visit.

Investigator Results:

I decied to toy around this role a little bit and changed its mechanic, you can check its new version now.

Okay, I have a few thoughts.

As stated above, Town roles should never be able to confirm themselves and that's an issue that has been screwing evils for ages. Confirmation should only be reserved for Mayor (Jailor/Retri maybe).

Also, this TP seems a bit uncontrollable and there isn't much strategy to it but maybe I am missing it. In addition, if you have a self-confirming Town, it needs severe drawbacks which the Mayor indeed has and my suggestion (though not a real role idea) has as well. A Town Protective role similar to the Doctor but has some drawbacks. This role does a 'rampage' heal meaning it heals its target and all their visitors. The drawback being if ANY role visits this role, the heal goes to one visitor with evils being a priority so that TP chains can't be easily created as well as giving this role a reason to stay undetected by evils as well as being a somewhat easy role to fake claim.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm

This role has the potential to be locked down by a Random Mafia visiting it every night... which is fair. I like that it has counterplay.

I think I'd like it better, though, if it was "one milk to heal all visitors", but you can't generate a milk on the night you heal someone.

And, I think the witch visiting this role should just protect the Witch, not force the Milkman to self-heal, because that's what the Witch would want.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ak521 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Seems interesting, would love to see it in game.

Maybe clear up the wording so there is no confusion?
ak521
Witch
Witch

Postby rickienon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:01 am

Y'all saying something but this role is balanced and I increasedthe self-heal cooldown to 2 days so WW will easily counter this.

Wording is correct; Witch mechanic is correct too. Self heal has higher priority. Townies get the Milk first because Ambusher is both annoying and messes up the whole tactic. Not to mention that maximum milk stock is already low. And visitor heals cannot be interrupted by roleblocker.

Now; please support this and help me to shoutout designers to add this to the game.
rickienon
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:05 am

rickienon wrote:Now; please support this and help me to shoutout designers to add this to the game.

There isn't actually any sort of process to get roles from this ideas subforum into the game. As far as we can tell the devs are just ignoring us.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas