Disguiser [Rework]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Chedman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:35 pm

I don't know if this is suggested yet.

Disguiser only has ONE disguise per game. If it is unsuccessful, then you get it back. Visits are not astral.

Let's say you're a disguiser, and you disguise as a random who happens to be a Sheriff.
You will get a message:
You have successfully disguised yourself as a Sheriff!

This disguise is permanent.
This change would make Disguiser actually useful and fun to play.
Chedman
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Brilliand » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 am

Decent idea.

I think this Disguiser would still be too weak, but it's at least an improvement over current Disguiser.

(As for bigger improvements: I'm partial to the idea of a Disguiser who can target any Mafia member, and disguise them as any role picked from a Hypnotist-like menu.)
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby philip1077 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Good idea
Last edited by philip1077 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m new, don’t kill me cause it might be in your favour to kill someone else... or is it? ;)

Yes, I like to hunt Mafia on my spare time dressed as an orange teletubby with a shotgun.

User avatar
philip1077
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby MoustachioMario » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:50 am

Would the Disguiser be able to use the roles abilities?

EX: Disg as Doc, get doc heals
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
User avatar
MoustachioMario
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 am

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Brilliand » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm

MoustachioMario wrote:Would the Disguiser be able to use the roles abilities?

EX: Disg as Doc, get doc heals


Certainly not, that's too much.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby StrahmDude » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:08 pm

What if we let them pick a role and they can change their role every night. They don't visit anyone, they just grab it from the list. It fucks with the town, it makes it harder to spot a disguiser, and they no longer get destroyed by LO, spy, vets, or wws. (not to mention tracker)
User avatar
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:47 am

StrahmDude wrote:What if we let them pick a role and they can change their role every night. They don't visit anyone, they just grab it from the list. It fucks with the town, it makes it harder to spot a disguiser, and they no longer get destroyed by LO, spy, vets, or wws. (not to mention tracker)


The disguiser's ability to visit without doing anything important is useful for countering the tp/lo meta, though.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:01 am

Brilliand wrote:The disguiser's ability to visit without doing anything important is useful for countering the tp/lo meta, though.

Maybe have it so you can disguise as a player's role by visiting them, or selecting yourself to select from all roles?

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby philip1077 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:51 pm

/support

but... I think if you get rbed, even after you disguise, you have to disguise again.
I’m new, don’t kill me cause it might be in your favour to kill someone else... or is it? ;)

Yes, I like to hunt Mafia on my spare time dressed as an orange teletubby with a shotgun.

User avatar
philip1077
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Descender » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:53 pm

philip1077 wrote:/support

but... I think if you get rbed, even after you disguise, you have to disguise again.
bruh
philip1077 wrote:/support
The platform reached lower and lower depths into the new world, a dark world in which not many had been before. It would seem that my stories of going into this other world be praised, but no. It would seem that I would be known as a hero for discovering this, but no. To many I was simply known as... Descender.

I tend to go between cute and distorted hellscapes for pfps. I dont know why.
User avatar
Descender
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm
Location: Currently Descending (1/10)

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby philip1077 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Brilliand wrote:
StrahmDude wrote:What if we let them pick a role and they can change their role every night. They don't visit anyone, they just grab it from the list. It fucks with the town, it makes it harder to spot a disguiser, and they no longer get destroyed by LO, spy, vets, or wws. (not to mention tracker)


The disguiser's ability to visit without doing anything important is useful for countering the tp/lo meta, though.


Maybe there could be an option just to visit and do nothing.

Similar to a witch. Have the option to disg, and if you have already disged, then just visit a player.
I’m new, don’t kill me cause it might be in your favour to kill someone else... or is it? ;)

Yes, I like to hunt Mafia on my spare time dressed as an orange teletubby with a shotgun.

User avatar
philip1077
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:16 pm

philip1077 wrote:Maybe there could be an option just to visit and do nothing.

Similar to a witch. Have the option to disg, and if you have already disged, then just visit a player.


Ah, that I don't agree with

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby StrahmDude » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:51 am

/\ please explain what you don't like about it

also I think a button to decide your role and then the ability to fake "visit" anyone you want. This would give the role a healthy dosage of deception to mess with people.

The question is, should it trigger vig suicide and jailors to lose executions?
User avatar
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:45 pm

StrahmDude wrote:/\ please explain what you don't like about it

also I think a button to decide your role and then the ability to fake "visit" anyone you want. This would give the role a healthy dosage of deception to mess with people.

The question is, should it trigger vig suicide and jailors to lose executions?


I don't like roles which only visits for the sake of visiting. But maybe that's just me.
And I don't think this role should trigger Vigilante Suicides or Jailor losing executes because that can be severely abused and will punish those roles for finding an evil. Though, should a Retributionist be able to revive a Disguiser? Yeah

On-site Record: 5-0-3
Latest Town Game: 20C - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: 19F - Consort - Loss
Last updated 23.02.20 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Chedman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm

StrahmDude wrote:/\ please explain what you don't like about it

also I think a button to decide your role and then the ability to fake "visit" anyone you want. This would give the role a healthy dosage of deception to mess with people.

The question is, should it trigger vig suicide and jailors to lose executions?


I agree with the ability to fake visit, but not that you get to pick the role that you've disguised as.
Chedman
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Re: Disguiser [Rework]

Postby Brilliand » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 pm

Chedman wrote:I agree with the ability to fake visit, but not that you get to pick the role that you've disguised as.


The ability to fake visit, as its own thing, deserves its own thread.

If it's granted, it should probably be granted to all non-visiting roles, not just this one.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests