Abductor (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Abductor (Neutral Killing)

Postby Lodstar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Role: Abductor
 Alignment: Neutral Killing
 Ability: Abduct 2 people each night and pit them against each other in a fight to the death. (One dies, one survives)(You deal powerful damage to the looser)
 ---if one of the targets has a bodyguard/crusader/trap on them you die, you die and both of your targets survive (In case of bodyguard you kill the bodyguard.)
 ---if one of the targets is jailed, you deal a basic attack the other one.
 ---if a doctor heals the loosing player, that player will survive.
 ---if both have a doctor/ one jailed one healed... Ur really unlucky man.. no kills
 ---if someone rampages at your house it will kill you and the surviving player (and all your visitors ofc).

Attack: Basic (Except for when killing the loosing target. You get powerful attack for that one)
 Defense: Basic
 Control immunity
 Both of your targets get role block immunity and control immunity. The roleblocker/controler getting a message that their target wasn't home
 Both of your targets get role blocked
 None of your targets can get attacked by anyone else but you (except for rampaging attacks)

Atributes: You get to know the surviving person's role

How the fight would get it's outcome:
 -1st method: Just rng. (Simplest but worst way in my opinion)
 -2nd method: By ranking every alignment by power. (Basic, fairly easy to implement, example of power ranking below)
 -3rd method: By using the following formula: (attack * 2) + (defense - 1). highest score wins. (A bit more difficult to implement, but this would be the fairest way, examples with a few outcomes below)

If there is a tie between your targets you will get this message: "The fight is dragging out for too long. Your targets are evenly matched.". This will let you choose the winner, dealing powerful damage to the player you decide to kill.

Examples for 3rd method:
 -Godfather vs Doctor.Gf's power is (1 * 2) + (1 - 1) = 2.Doc's power is (0 * 2) + (2 - 1) = 1.Gf wins
 -Godfather vs Mafioso. Gf's power is 2, Mafioso's power is (1 * 2) + (0 - 1) = 2 - 1 = 1. Gf wins
 The only problem with this is that not all roles have their attack as it realistically should be such as Executioner. In a match between a doc and an exe, the doc would win using this formula. So either just give the exe some attack (it wouldn't change a thing, even if he had unblockable attack) or make a special case for this match up (This one is the best in my opinion and with a few changes to roles such as Executioner, this would be the most fair way of settling a fight)

Example of ranking by power (1 - stronger, 4 - weakest)
 1- maifa killing, coven leader, medusa, neutral killing, town killing and executioner
 2- neutral chaos, town protection, potion master and hex master
 3- maifa support, neutral evil(except exe), poisoner and town investigative
 4- maifa deception, necromancer, town suport and neutral benign

Town investigative results on this role:
Sheriff: Suspect,
Invest: bodyguard/godfather/arsonist/crusader/abductor.
Consigliere/Witch: Your target forces people to fight to the death. They must be an abductor!

Goal: Be one of the last two remaining players alive. Case in which the game ends in an "Abductor win"

Note: I understand the need to simplify roles so they can be easily understood so the 2nd method would probably suit this the best.
Lodstar

Re: Abductor (Neutral Killing)

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 pm

The Doctor doesn't have defense. Powerful defense is a temporary bonus given to the person the doctor visits, not a basic attribute of the Doctor role.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Abductor (Neutral Killing)

Postby MorganTheMod » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:26 am

/support
Obviously needs some kinks settled out but I think this could work.
Im usually named Yippie if you ever want to greet me in game
I have some role ideas floating around if you wanna check them out ;)(and more to come!)
MorganTheMod
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas