Why is Ret a possible target for exe

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Why is Ret a possible target for exe

Postby DarthDaFatCow » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Hey, as the title states I really don't understand why retributionist can actually be a target for the executioner. It's pretty much just as easy to confirm in the late game as a role like jailor after they pull their resurrection off.

I really don't see a reason as to why ret should be a possible target for exe.

Ok so this really pissed me off because I was in a ranked game where I was exe and i got the ret as target. The ret then claims doc (I assumed he was vet baiting) and claims vet to me in whispers. Everyone was suspicious of him and wanted to lynch him but he resurrected someone and claimed ret (there was no janitor). Because there was no ret CC I got lynched instead for 'talking nonsense.'

This game needs some major balance changes.
DarthDaFatCow

Re: Why is Ret a possible target for exe

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 pm

Executioners usually get their wins in the earlygame, when confirming the Retributionist can be a slow and awkward process. Also, a confirmed Retributionist can be safely left alive to be lynched by the Mafia later on, while a Mayor or Jailor can't.

In the situation you described, you probably should've been able to get him lynched before he revived anyone (but you might also have been able to get the lynch by being the ret CC yourself, since he was under so much suspicion.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Why is Ret a possible target for exe

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Brilliand wrote:Executioners usually get their wins in the earlygame, when confirming the Retributionist can be a slow and awkward process. Also, a confirmed Retributionist can be safely left alive to be lynched by the Mafia later on, while a Mayor or Jailor can't.

In the situation you described, you probably should've been able to get him lynched before he revived anyone (but you might also have been able to get the lynch by being the ret CC yourself, since he was under so much suspicion.)

Not really a Role that can be confirmed super easily should never be a executioner target.

Tks, Ret, Transporter are all broken as Exe target.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas