Villianizing Jester and Executioner (+ minor Jester change)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Villianizing Jester and Executioner (+ minor Jester change)

Postby scarfves » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:55 pm

New Post: (2022-12-05)
Spoiler:
Why change the Jester and Executioner?:

The thing about the Jester and Executioner is that while their actions and goals fit primarily into the Neutral Evil sub-alignment - which is meant to represent anti-Town roles with no real allegiance to any single faction - they actually have the ability to extend their powers and help the town. When I made this post previously, I thought the best solution was to spread the impact of these player's actions across most of the town in order to offset any balance that evil factions could take, however I realized that it took away what makes these roles fun and interesting in terms of interaction with the good and evil factions. Additionally, it would have made playing as these roles less fun and engaging in casual environments, which I feel is equally as important as ranked (if not more due to an emphasis on fun over balance). So I went back to the drawing board. During my own speculative theorycrafting, I came up for a few ideas that help to deviate back to the base concept of a Neutral Evil, and how to actually screw over the Town even if the consequences of these roles don't bounce to help evil factions in the long run, so I think these changes are what can make the Jester and Executioner definitively evil and contribute to being deserving of that sub-alignment.

Jester changes:

- The Jester's haunt will now cause your target to disappear if killed - they will have their role and last will be unrevealed during the death notices at the start of the day. They appear as (Lost) in the graveyard, and a Janitor cannot reveal the contents of either of these. But like with regular Cleaning, a Retributionist, Necromancer, and Amnesiac may not interact with their corpse.
- The target of a Jester's haunt is forcibly roleblocked.
- The target killed by a Jester's haunt may not win the game even if their faction wins, but may still win if they achieved non-factional related goals (ex. The Guardian Angel, Executioner, and Pirate)
- The target killed by a Jester's haunt cannot activate their postmortem abilities from beyond the grave (ex. The Medium and Guardian Angel).

Executioner changes:

- If the Executioner's target gets lynched, the target may not win the game even if the Town wins.
- If the Executioner's target gets killed at night, instead of becoming a Jester, the Executioner has a new vendetta to spite their target: outliving them and defiling their faction - their new goal will now be changed to survive to see the Town lose the game, however they lose their Basic Defence in the process.

Old Post:
Spoiler:
Why change the Jester and Executioner?:

The thing about the Jester and Executioner is that while their actions and goals fit primarily into the Neutral Evil sub-alignment - which is meant to represent anti-Town roles with no real allegiance to any single faction - they actually have the ability to extend their powers and help the town. The Executioner is a kingmaker, he has a Basic Defence so he can't easily be eliminated, and for those with Powerful Attack or better, it's usually slow to use it generally, wasting one of their kills against them makes their efforts to win slow. The Executioner will just sit there after he got his target lynched, taunting the town who will he side with. Meanwhile, the Jester's haunt is an Unstoppable Attack, which can pierce a Neutral Killing or a Godfather, heavily swinging the game Town-sided. However, some conflict exists with making lynching the Jester have consequences, as his ability must also atleast hinder other evil roles as to not make his lynch almost guaranteed every game. This post hopes to make the Jester and Executioner actually more akin to their respective roles.

Jester haunt changes:

- The Jester's haunt no longer deals an unavoidable Unstoppable Attack to a single target that voted guilty or abstained, choice courtesy of the Jester. Instead, the haunt now causes an unavoidable disabling of abilities, defence, and passive abilities for all players that voted guilty or abstained.
- The haunt disables day abilities that take effect once night comes (i.e The Jailor and Pirate).
- The haunt's disabling of abilities and passive abilities surpasses the potential of a Roleblock as it also works as soon as the night begins (ex. It can prevent a Medium from reading what the dead say that night and also affect normally Roleblock immune roles).
- The haunt does NOT disable innate passive abilities that are a part of a specific faction, such as the Mafia, Coven, and Vampire being able to identify and talk to other members at night.
- Lastly, the haunt does NOT disable the abilities of anyone who has (or in this case, had) a passive basic defence, whether it's permanent or temporary (such as the Coven Leader wielding the Necronomicon), however their defence and passive abilities are still disabled for the night they are haunted.

Executioner kingmaker changes:

- If the Executioner has gotten his target lynched, the Executioner is evicted from their citizenship due to conspiracy against the town, and they are not able to vote anymore against any person or for any verdict, always abstaining during the trial. Additionally if the game is down to just 3 people (including him), stalemate detectors will kick in whilst ignoring the victorious Executioner.
- If the Executioner has gotten his target lynched, his defence upgrades from Basic Defence to Invincible Defence. (He is taking a vacation in cucamonga let him chill in peace)

The Jester vs Jailor interaction:

tl;dr : This additional change creates a new mindgame between the Jailor and Jester, a battle of wits so to speak where one has to be able to read the other.

Why add this special interaction?: Small history lesson for context before I start, the Jester and Executioner roles came from SC2Mafia, and were based off griefing character archetypes: Self-Victimizers and Vengeful-Lynchers, one would gaslight the town into discourse and disagreement when it was revealed they were actually the town, and the other would attempt to get a single person lynched at all costs, down to even lying about evidence procured. There has and must always be a reasonable punishment for voting guilty the Jester, the most reasonable solution was the current one: Kill one of the people who got you hanged. However, it was easily cheeseable; there was no Unstoppable Attack in SC2Mafia, the max was the equivalent of the Powerful Attack, so a Doctor was able to prevent the death, and additionally it was only guilty voters they may be targets for the haunt, unlike today's system where abstainers could get away. This made a toxic and uneventful system where the Jester was a effectively a routine and free win if the crowd liked you enough. For the better, it changed, and later an additional strategy of redirecting the blade using a Transporter was also disabled, allowing for the Jester's haunt to be an actually work as intended. The Jester is a mind-games role completely dependant on his charisma and cunningness, his reward - alongside winning - should be watching the chaos he created. However, there is one thing that effectively circumvents that, the Jailor. There is nothing wrong with using the Jailor as an additional kill for the Town, it's a staple part of his identity that should not be removed, but due to the Town being able to communicate whom should be executed by the Jailor falls within that grey area of effectively being a second lynch. However, because the Jailor has a direct line of communication with whom he jails, unlike the Vigilante, something unique can happen here; you make a hyper-miniature version of the trial voting system here. Thus, the Jailor and Jester can now duke it out in the microcosm of an arena, a mindgame to the death where the best Sicilian wins.

- The Jester has a new toggle (similar to the Serial Killer cautious toggle) called Breakdown. Breakdown may be toggled on or off anytime but cannot be changed while jailed.
- If the Jailor executes the Jester while under Breakdown, the Jester wins, the next day the town will be alerted 'The Jester will get their revenge on the Jailor, from beyond the grave!'. The next night, the Jailor is dealt an unavoidable Unstoppable Attack, akin the current haunt.
- If the Jailor could execute the Jester while under Breakdown but does not on their own volition (ie. Is not roleblocked or controlled out of doing it), the Jester loses and is sent to the asylum (which is effectively death in all aspects). The next day the Jester will not show up in place from his home nor his dead body, and a death reveal message will show: "<player_name> was sent away. They were treated to the asylum last night for immedicable and chronic insanity. We found a will inside their home - (shows will). <player_name>'s role was the Jester"
Last edited by scarfves on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Villianizing Jester and Executioner (+ minor Jester chan

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:41 am

The jester change wont really fix anything, sure it punishes evils much less if they get haunted but it also hurts town less when it is suposedly a neutral evil

As for executioner, I dont understand how you point out exe permanent basic defense being a problem and then you make the problem much worse by upgrading it to invincible
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby scarfves » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:10 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:The jester change wont really fix anything, sure it punishes evils much less if they get haunted but it also hurts town less when it is suposedly a neutral evil

There needs to be a good counterbalance between punishing evils and and goods for lynching the Jester, else every evil role would have to guilty the Jester by virtue of the advantage, which would not be healthy for the playstyle of him. Prior to some changes, I had an additional thought of also adding that if the Jester is lynched, the next day there will be no voting period alongside the haunt system I described, thus preventing the town from making a key pick.

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:As for executioner, I dont understand how you point out exe permanent basic defense being a problem and then you make the problem much worse by upgrading it to invincible

Well 1. He's not longer a Kingmaker with this change, so I think it's inoffensive to upgrade his defence when he wins, and 2. I explain why, he goes to Rancho Cucamonga for a vacation, he deserved it.
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:28 pm

scarfves wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:The jester change wont really fix anything, sure it punishes evils much less if they get haunted but it also hurts town less when it is suposedly a neutral evil

There needs to be a good counterbalance between punishing evils and and goods for lynching the Jester, else every evil role would have to guilty the Jester by virtue of the advantage, which would not be healthy for the playstyle of him. Prior to some changes, I had an additional thought of also adding that if the Jester is lynched, the next day there will be no voting period alongside the haunt system I described, thus preventing the town from making a key pick.

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:As for executioner, I dont understand how you point out exe permanent basic defense being a problem and then you make the problem much worse by upgrading it to invincible

Well 1. He's not longer a Kingmaker with this change, so I think it's inoffensive to upgrade his defence when he wins, and 2. I explain why, he goes to Rancho Cucamonga for a vacation, he deserved it.

Jest should be reworked completely to stay in NE or be thrown into NC

As for exe, it is still a kingmaker, there are situations that are not 1v1v1 that are kingmakers [2v2v1, 3v3v1, etc], and idk if you are trying to be funny with the vacation thing or something?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby scarfves » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:37 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
scarfves wrote:

As for exe, it is still a kingmaker, there are situations that are not 1v1v1 that are kingmakers [2v2v1, 3v3v1, etc], and idk if you are trying to be funny with the vacation thing or something?

That's reasonable from a casual standpoint and something a lot of people suggested prior, but if means the Ranked rolelist would disallow the Jester or Executioner, it would create a very unfun environment for all players.

3v3+1 and 2v2+1 are less egregious than 1v1+1 since there still lies a sense of uncertainty who is actually who. In the 1v1 however, it clears to all players which role is which, it makes the Executioner effectively the decider of the game.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:44 pm

scarfves wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
scarfves wrote:

That's reasonable from a casual standpoint and something a lot of people suggested prior, but if means the Ranked rolelist would disallow the Jester or Executioner, it would create a very unfun environment for all players.

3v3+1 and 2v2+1 are less egregious than 1v1+1 since there still lies a sense of uncertainty who is actually who. In the 1v1 however, it clears to all players which role is which, it makes the Executioner effectively the decider of the game.

We need new NEs that are more like witch, true anti-town neutrals unlike jest who is barely evil at all and exe who is evil but still not enough

I dont have numbers but I can assure that on games with witch as NE the evils win more than games where NE is jest or exe

Also you seem to underestimate how often you got 2v2 or 3v3 where everyone knows each other roles, it doesnt even have to be everyone's roles, as long as at least 1 evil is outed its peetty clear who is who
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby scarfves » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:11 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
scarfves wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
scarfves wrote:

We need new NEs that are more like witch, true anti-town neutrals unlike jest who is barely evil at all and exe who is evil but still not enough

I dont have numbers but I can assure that on games with witch as NE the evils win more than games where NE is jest or exe

Also you seem to underestimate how often you got 2v2 or 3v3 where everyone knows each other roles, it doesnt even have to be everyone's roles, as long as at least 1 evil is outed its peetty clear who is who

That's absolutely true that we really should get more Neutral Evils that directly want the Town gone that can also cause a good amount of chaos, I wish BMG added roles again.

What you said about the Witch is also most likely true, due to the chaotic nature of the Executioner and Jester, but at the same time removing them from the possibility of showing up does actually hurt evils themselves since accusations or guilty-looks cannot be posed to being a Executioner or Jester respectively, it'll always just be guilty, and with the standard operations of 1f1, it would make for an unfun environment for evils in competitive play when both of those roles are confirmed to not show up during the game.

Lastly, I do understand that 2v2 and 3v3 can still matter, but within the context of the Executioner and his social interactions it makes it hard to balance. We could strip the Executioner of voting privileges and counting to the max vote count once he gets his target eliminated. It would only disturb faking the appearance Executioner which is a minor way you can get away as another evil role with Basic Defence.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:17 pm

Even with jester and executioners being present, all acusations are still a 1f1 [or 2f1/2f2 if more people get involved], specially because most of the time the jailor will execute alleged executioners, exe also needs a rework to be a more truly evil neutral anyway
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby scarfves » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:01 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Even with jester and executioners being present, all acusations are still a 1f1 [or 2f1/2f2 if more people get involved], specially because most of the time the jailor will execute alleged executioners, exe also needs a rework to be a more truly evil neutral anyway

Update: Changed the Executioner so he can't vote at all after he gets his target lynched.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:13 am

I don't think either of these changes are Neutral Evil-esque. Jester is more Neutral Chaos in this sense, and Executioner is more Neutral Benign.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby LordDrakyle » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:51 am

Sorry but between: - The Jester's haunt no longer deals an unavoidable Unstoppable Attack to a single target that voted guilty or abstained, choice courtesy of the Jester. Instead, the haunt now causes an unavoidable disabling of abilities, defence, and passive abilities for all players that voted guilty or abstained.

and then it being soon followed by this: - Lastly, the haunt does NOT disable the abilities of anyone who has (or in this case, had) a passive basic defence, whether it's permanent or temporary (such as the Coven Leader wielding the Necronomicon), however their defence and passive abilities are still disabled for the night they are haunted.

Im struggling to make sense of what exactly is happening, the conditions of the effects, how long it lasts etc as if it's a permanent effect on those who guiltied/abstained then Jester would need to be Unique but it also punishes the town so harshly evils get an even more lop sided advantage than beforeto the point it makes town scared to even lynch people.
LordDrakyle
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Poryg » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:08 pm

I don't see what's the big deal with either of the two the way they are right now.

The exact definition of neutral is that it doesn't stand on either side. Witch is an anti-town, but it is neutral - she doesn't care who she wins with and can influence the results either way between negative factions and stuff.
Currently, exe is neutral too. Once he has his lynch, he doesn't care who wins. Ergo he can make deals that help him achieve victory or be the kingmaker. But when you make him exempt from voting once he achieves his win, he turns from neutral into a strict anti-town role. Nobody will really care to make deals with the exe, because there's no benefit to them. Making the role less fun than it is now.
As for the jester result, the suggestion is problematic as well. Unless you're a CL with book, GF or NK, you will be roleblocked for the turn. This reduces incentives to lynch - an entire rbd town means jailor's going to die. An entire rbd coven or rbd mafioso without GF means one night lost, giving more time to town to figure out who is evil. Or even worse, since confirmed tks generally inno, town now has a free turn to shoot mafia.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby scarfves » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:46 pm

Poryg wrote:I don't see what's the big deal with either of the two the way they are right now.

The exact definition of neutral is that it doesn't stand on either side. Witch is an anti-town, but it is neutral - she doesn't care who she wins with and can influence the results either way between negative factions and stuff.
Currently, exe is neutral too. Once he has his lynch, he doesn't care who wins. Ergo he can make deals that help him achieve victory or be the kingmaker. But when you make him exempt from voting once he achieves his win, he turns from neutral into a strict anti-town role. Nobody will really care to make deals with the exe, because there's no benefit to them. Making the role less fun than it is now.
As for the jester result, the suggestion is problematic as well. Unless you're a CL with book, GF or NK, you will be roleblocked for the turn. This reduces incentives to lynch - an entire rbd town means jailor's going to die. An entire rbd coven or rbd mafioso without GF means one night lost, giving more time to town to figure out who is evil. Or even worse, since confirmed tks generally inno, town now has a free turn to shoot mafia.

For the Jester haunt, after relooking back my suggestion, I agree that I was wrong; Reducing the incentive to lynch that heavily would harm the game more rather than add strategy for the Jester, so I concede that I'm wrong there.
As for the Executioner, I think it's a mixed bag what you're saying there, since it doesn't have any positive or negative effect towards what the executioner's identity represents.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 am

Well, it makes the exe straight mafia-tier evil rather than neutral evil, because he is pure antitown according to your suggestion. Nevertheless, I'm more concerned with the game implications.

The fact that he doesn't care who he wins with means that he can choose alliances depending on how the game goes. He can side town in a town majority. He can side sk in sk vs mafia vs town. And if he wins, he's free to do whatever he wants. Or he can wait and then let themselves be hanged.

Your suggestion takes a lot of this away by taking away the neutral aspect. Town won't care about exe, because exe will be out of the game once he wins. In an evil majority where it's NK vs mafia, neither faction stands to gain anything from pushing exe's target, because the moment they do, the exe is out and cannot fulfill their part of the bargain.

I love how the current exe is. The mayhem I cause as exe makes it my favourite role. And I'm not sure why it should downgrade.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby scarfves » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:50 am

Poryg wrote:Well, it makes the exe straight mafia-tier evil rather than neutral evil, because he is pure antitown according to your suggestion. Nevertheless, I'm more concerned with the game implications.

The fact that he doesn't care who he wins with means that he can choose alliances depending on how the game goes. He can side town in a town majority. He can side sk in sk vs mafia vs town. And if he wins, he's free to do whatever he wants. Or he can wait and then let themselves be hanged.

Your suggestion takes a lot of this away by taking away the neutral aspect. Town won't care about exe, because exe will be out of the game once he wins. In an evil majority where it's NK vs mafia, neither faction stands to gain anything from pushing exe's target, because the moment they do, the exe is out and cannot fulfill their part of the bargain.

I love how the current exe is. The mayhem I cause as exe makes it my favourite role. And I'm not sure why it should downgrade.

You're right about what you said about the Exe, I changed my mind.

I think my changes to the Jester's haunt and Exe kingmaker stuff is overtly redundant and just adds unnecessary complications to roles that have been nearly perfect in all social deduction games they appear in. Although I'm still firm about the Jester + Jailor interaction I proposed, I think it's really important considering how it plays off a strength of the Jester to fight against a glaring weakness that comes up often in higher-intelligence games that's also exclusive to Town of Salem itself.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:35 am

Oh yeah, I can absolutely get on board with the jester vs jailor interaction. Jester is trying to get themselves lynched and there's nothing worse than town deciding to exe you instead of hanging you.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:08 am

Poryg wrote:Oh yeah, I can absolutely get on board with the jester vs jailor interaction. Jester is trying to get themselves lynched and there's nothing worse than town deciding to exe you instead of hanging you.

It's kinda stupid. It rewards the Jester for Town being smart.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:19 am

Poryg wrote:Oh yeah, I can absolutely get on board with the jester vs jailor interaction. Jester is trying to get themselves lynched and there's nothing worse than town deciding to exe you instead of hanging you.

Tk shouldnt be punished for playing good
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby scarfves » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:

Again, the Jailor can effectively act as a second lynch for the town. Nothing wrong with that, but the idea that it's only used just to avoid the Jester goes against what he has always represents in every social deduction he exists in (since the Jailor is unique to Town of Salem, other games dont see that issue). But because the Jailor has a level of interaction with the Jester unlike a Vigi, a unique microgame to the death based on attempting to read one another would be interesting.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:32 pm

It doesn't reward the jester for town being smart. It rewards the jester for being good jester.

Unlike other evils, who are trying to look like town, jester wants to look like evil, but not obvious enough to look like a jester. But to reach that, he has to avoid being killed by evils, avoid an exe and avoid a bullet from vigilante. All while jester has very little influence over who hangs. He can avoid being hanged due to town pursuing a vfr or simply hanging other confirmed evils. Then he is rounded up and executed for being a confirmed evil.
With the suggestion, only the jailor would be affected. And I could get behind that. It would potentially give evils one last line of defence against an exe when you're confirmed evil as well.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:57 pm

If the TK is vet then wtf is town suposed to do with jesters, I can already see evils pretending to be a jester in jail (like if acting like jest wasnt already a lame enough strategy this will make it much more common), if town decides to play safe and make jailor spend a night roleblocking and killing a relatively harmless evil then dont punish them for that, if jest gets killed by TK they 100% deserve to lose and the TK should not be punished for it (wether its jailor or vigi)
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby scarfves » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:29 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:If the TK is vet then wtf is town suposed to do with jesters, I can already see evils pretending to be a jester in jail (like if acting like jest wasnt already a lame enough strategy this will make it much more common), if town decides to play safe and make jailor spend a night roleblocking and killing a relatively harmless evil then dont punish them for that, if jest gets killed by TK they 100% deserve to lose and the TK should not be punished for it (wether its jailor or vigi)

To an extent that is true, but TK alignment is just an extension of the Town who's power comes in the whole social deduction aspect of the game, but the Jailor is a micro-exemplification of that of those social and deduction parts, so it's a problem exclusive to that relationship. I can understand if a Jest gets killed by any other role; that is their fault as much as it may be annoying to be on that end of the stick, but it takes away from the concept that Jester imposes if you shortcut that through the most powerful town role that's effectively in every role list.

I think the idea is fine, but if it'd still be considered overpowered for the Jester, maybe the ability to toggle Breakdown can only be activated once for the whole game during the day, and goes away at the end of the next night, that way there's now a level of thinking for the Jester if he thinks he'll be caught and executed by the Jailor the next night.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 am

No, if jester dies to jailor they lose and that must stay that way no matter what
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm

scarfves wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Again, the Jailor can effectively act as a second lynch for the town. Nothing wrong with that, but the idea that it's only used just to avoid the Jester goes against what he has always represents in every social deduction he exists in (since the Jailor is unique to Town of Salem, other games dont see that issue). But because the Jailor has a level of interaction with the Jester unlike a Vigi, a unique microgame to the death based on attempting to read one another would be interesting.

No it wouldn't.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby scarfves » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:13 pm

I took into consideration into all the feedback in the comments and found a way to kill 2 birds with one stone regarding both roles alignment against the Town and also the Jester vs Jailor argument. I completely reworked the page; you can see the new version in a new branch of this post but for archival/historical purposes, the old version will exists, which I will not be referencing again.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Next

Return to Role Ideas